View Poll Results: Will you stay subbed or resub for the next Expansion?

Voters
317. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I've enjoyed most (or all) of the expansions so far and will stay subbed for the next one.

167 52.68%
  • Yes - I've enjoyed some of the expansions and am looking forward to what is next.

59 18.61%
  • Yes - I liked MoP and am curious to see what they will do next.

64 20.19%
  • Maybe - I like MoP, but hated "X" expansion and really want to see something more exciting.

9 2.84%
  • Maybe - MoP was OK, if they made it more like "X", I would consider staying or resubbing.

16 5.05%
  • Maybe - MoP did not live up to the hype, and I really wish it had be more like "X".

22 6.94%
  • Maybe - I am unsubbed and it would take a MAJOR change in design and TONS of updates.

29 9.15%
  • No - I will unsub when I finish this expac and find something else until they PROVE themselves.

8 2.52%
  • No - I am unsubbed, and it is unlikely Blizzard will EVER make another good expansion.

21 6.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be there for the next expansion.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'll continue to come and go, as I've been doing the last couple expansions. The game isn't good enough anymore to keep me subscribed constantly, but I still get the urge to play now and then. Especially as a new expansion comes out, it's always fun to check out the new lore and major class changes.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends for me, I love to raid but time is a constraint as I am not longer in highschool, haveing graduated and moved into the career world and finishing off higher education I find my time limited which at first was not a problem. Still had time to log in max valor, contribute to raid consumeables, and raid. Now I have to log in to max valor, run raid finders, contribute to consumeables, do my daily heroic scenario and challange mode, grind dailies to have tokens to get the coins for extra rolls. This puts a bit more of a strangle hold on my limited time. Now add to the mix the new flex raid system, I know these are "Optional" activites but simple fact is they competitive raiding world has adopted them as manditory to get any and all possible upgrades for progression.

With a new promotion on the horizon, I doubt I will have time to participate in the aspect of wow I love and if I cant do that, I do not see much point in keeping subbed even if the next expansion is the best ever.

mop was a massive hit for me. i usually take breaks mid xpacs and it managed to keep me going and looking forward for the next patch every time.
    my fav xpac was wrath mainly because i had some amazing memories back then but mop is slowly taking over my heart.
    great xpac and MASSIVE improvement compared to the trash "cataclysm"

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    mop was a massive hit for me. i usually take breaks mid xpacs and it managed to keep me going and looking forward for the next patch every time.
    my fav xpac was wrath mainly because i had some amazing memories back then but mop is slowly taking over my heart.
    great xpac and MASSIVE improvement compared to the trash "cataclysm"
    The sad thing about cataclysm was it had the potential to be sooo much better than it turned out to be. It started in a decent direction then seemed to flounder mid way and then wonder off into left feild to eat paste like a special needs cousin.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are we supposed to answer this now when we literally know NOTHING about the next expansion?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    The sad thing about cataclysm was it had the potential to be sooo much better than it turned out to be. It started in a decent direction then seemed to flounder mid way and then wonder off into left feild to eat paste like a special needs cousin.
    It was pretty unspecial from the get go. It was a theme of disconnection and shattering of the world. Unfortunately they nailed it too much. The disconnection resonated in most players and caused a schism that hadn't previously existed. Combined with the fact that the raid design got worse as time went on, it's like a text book on how to ruin your game.

In fact, pretending like Cata never happened and jumping straight to MoP (in terms of content) feels more connected to me. Granted Cata brought some good things like worgen/goblins and revamp/streamline of the old world, LFR, etc...they could hve done all of those without the physical ramifications of the Cataclysm.

Oh well, can't alter reality unfortunately.
    BAD WOLF

I'll get the new expansion and resub if Blizzard does something new like with MoP. If the next expansion is about something we already know about, like the burning legion, old gods or titans I can't be bothered. We've fought to many old gods and burning legion guys at this point, time to get something new on the board. They had a good shot with MoP but blew the raids by focusing everything on the titans and old gods again. They should have stayed with the new theme of Pandaria and not filled the raids with titan servants and old god minions. Also, Garrosh is not a character that is worthy of an entire raid tier devoted to him. Fuck that crappy character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I unsubbed in 4.3 when most of the details about Mists came out. What I was seeing come out of the beta didn't look very interesting and the entire CRZ thing really wrecked it for me. Then I found out about the gated daily grind and all the horrorific memories of the Molten Front came flooding back and I got as far away from WoW as I could for a few months. I still consider going out and getting MoP and coming back, but I always find something else I want to spend the money on.

If the next expansion is any good I might look into it, I don't know. I can tell you right now if it's Burning Legion or Emerald Dream I'll probably never resub.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still enjoy playing, once I don't, I will quit. Once I quit, I will then roam forums starting idiotic posts about how bad wow is becoming, how unsatisfied I am with it, and how I will never play again.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    I still enjoy playing, once I don't, I will quit. Once I quit, I will then roam forums starting idiotic posts about how bad wow is becoming, how unsatisfied I am with it, and how I will never play again.
    You forgot to mention how you would then resubscribe and play all over again...Then repeat the cycle to infinity and beyond.
    BAD WOLF

This expansion has been entertaining enough for me to stay around during the majority of it. I am banking on the idea that the next one will be stupendous (though I have nothing factual to base this on), which is why I'm currently leveling alts, so I have some options when it hits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It's too hard to tell, this expansion didn't finish and we don't have any info about the upcoming one.

That said, I'm unsubbed for all of MoP and won't resub unless raiding rewards hardcore people more, not to start an argument in here, just to say what I want.
    you get heroic gear and 100% chance at a nice mount... what more rewards would u want ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I feel the same way about trolls. I got so sick of seeing new Troll villages, and new troll raids, and new troll instances... I hate trolls with a fiery passion But, if they made it World of GnomeCraft, I would be resubbed in 3 seconds, pay full price for every expac, and fill up all 11 slots with gnomes. So, I suppose we all have our drawbacks
    Trolls are my favourite playable race, but I'm kinda sick of troll dungeons and zones. I don't like elves on any level. Sorry elf lovers.

In any case, I don't think we're going to be getting any expansions exclusively revolving around a particular race, so of no matter!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    In any case, I don't think we're going to be getting any expansions exclusively revolving around a particular race, so of no matter!
    May I direct you to Mists of PANDAria?
    BAD WOLF

I'm okay to stay subbed. Still enjoying the game, still happy with the content they're putting out.

I will stay unsubbed unless Blizzard offer Legacy Servers (Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK).

It is extremely unlikely that we will ever see another quality expansion such as TBC or WOTLK from Blizzard, and certainly nothing as good for its time as WoW Vanilla.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still enjoying myself, so don't see myself quitting anytime soon.

Im done with wow, i have zero interest in coming back. The game right now is just a waste of time, however i still like following the story and whats going on with all the characters, but when it comes to the game im done with it.

I'm considering returning to the game yes, so long as the theme of the next expansion isn't Kung fu Panda and Pokemon battles.

I want that feeling I got when I crossed the Portal during TBC.
    I want the game to feel ''epic'' and have a sense of progression again.

If at least the Theme is decent for the next xpac, then I'll come back, maybe even start raiding again.

Until then, I'll keep playing on my TBC private server.