Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I don't even know what your point was to start with, but ok.

See, my experience is the exact opposite. My guild had me heal for most of P3, as we initially rolled with 1 healer less than most guilds that killed it before us. But iirc, you raid 10M, and this is by no means an option there. We killed the boss on our 6th (or 7th) P3 attempt, and DPS really was never even close to being an issue in that part of the fight. We had a lot more struggles on the last quadrant in P2 in situations when you get Static Shock before whip, and you can finish that quadrant with 1 Balls of Lightning less for smoother intermission. That's where SW:I proved to be a lot better than FDCL. I guess with the amounts of gear people pulling it for the first time now have, it can't really be an issue tho.
    I raid 25-man. We're working on Lei Shen right now and getting very close. We're discussing exactly what you mentioned by having hybrids heal, especially if we lose a healer or two to static shock. Our gear is a lot higher than yours was as you progressed on it, so perhaps that's why phase 1&2 dps seem fairly trivial right now. DPS isn't really an issue in phase 3, either, except that it's the last leg of the fight, so the sooner he's dead, the sooner healers dying to static shock etc stops happening In light of that, once we got our intermissions reasonably down and it became time to focus on phase 3, I switched to FDCL.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what your point was to start with, but ok.
    My point was that you type whatever argues your case at the time without thinking about what you're actually saying, which is ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    I raid 25-man. We're working on Lei Shen right now and getting very close. We're discussing exactly what you mentioned by having hybrids heal, especially if we lose a healer or two to static shock. Our gear is a lot higher than yours was as you progressed on it, so perhaps that's why phase 1&2 dps seem fairly trivial right now. DPS isn't really an issue in phase 3, either, except that it's the last leg of the fight, so the sooner he's dead, the sooner healers dying to static shock etc stops happening In light of that, once we got our intermissions reasonably down and it became time to focus on phase 3, I switched to FDCL.
    Glyph of Dark Binding is really nice.. but I haven't seen P3 yet to really comment on that, though.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

15+ Year Old Account
    For our kill we had 3 Spriest and we all dropped halo just for p3 and picked up star, was a ton of healing, pretty sure all 3 of us stuck with sw:i, the lost of halo dmg on ball lightning was not even noticed as the aoe dmg we had was nuts monk tank doubled the next person on ball dmg.

As for out right healing in p3, if you have the dps to do kill adds while you heal, go for it.
    IMO the most dangerous things in p3 is bad TS placement, ball lightning placement and killing them b4 they jump due to stun dr, you get them right and the healing needed in p3 is not that bad and you can continue to dps.

As for glyphs I was using ve, inner sanctum and weakened soul as I was not using a lock portal and was using body and soul alot for movement.

My dmg was pretty bad tbh (lack of crit trinket) thought I did beat the other priest on off healing.
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-06-26 at 04:04 AM.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    For our kill we had 3 Spriest and we all dropped halo just for p3 and picked up star, was a ton of healing, pretty sure all 3 of us stuck with sw:i, the lost of halo dmg on ball lightning was not even noticed as the aoe dmg we had was nuts monk tank doubled the next person on ball dmg.

As for out right healing in p3, if you have the dps to do kill adds while you heal, go for it.
    IMO the most dangerous things in p3 is bad TS placement, ball lightning placement and killing them b4 they jump due to stun dr, you get them right and the healing needed in p3 is not that bad and you can continue to dps.
    Monk tanks do 50% of a 25m raid's damage on the balls. That's normal. If you have 4 warlocks to add to that, no one else in the raid is needed on the balls anyways, so you can pick whichever T6 talent you like. Be aware though, that unlike P2, where your Halo perfectly aligns with the balls, in P3 the balls spawn every 30 seconds.

And I'd have to add you're wrong about Thunderstruck. I mean you're not really wrong, but in order for bad placement of TS to happen it really requires someone in the raid to go full retard. If done properly it's the most harmless ability in P3. The most dangerous thing are balls that happen right after the Thunderstruck, because you have 2 seconds to top the raid off, and that's where most hybrid off healers shine. But then again, if you have 3-4 moonkins, no other hybrids are required to off heal at that point. I myself only off healed slightly during those 10s where you bait Thunderstruck, and then would just go back to DPS'ing the boss as soon as I'd taken the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    Glyph of Dark Binding is really nice.. but I haven't seen P3 yet to really comment on that, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    As for glyphs I was using ve, inner sanctum and weakened soul as I was not using a lock portal and was using body and soul alot for movement.
    Mind Flay, Dark Binding and Inner Sanctum are best glyphs for HC Lei Shen, Dark Binding and prolly Mind Flay (I don't know why, but I see a lot of people not realizing this glyph being a godsend on any fight that includes the slightest movement) being mandatory. On our first kill, I think I may have even been using glyph of Binding Heal for intermission and P3 healing. VE glyph is nice if you don't have enough moonkins for P3 I guess.

edit: I didn't even realize you've killed the boss lol. Well gratz on the kill. Hope this can help someone who's progressing it.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-06-26 at 04:49 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

15+ Year Old Account
    I use the flay glyph on other fights with more movement but on LS the movement was space enough to really make use of body and soul with the weaken soul glyph, as for dark binding, the only times where I was healing people was during intermissions and I'd just drop out of form and flash and binding, so the glyph really wasn't needed.

Ty it was a really clean kill and only after 167 pulls and tbh I was surprised that brought me in for progression(as I'm still catching up on gear), still finding my feet after my guild of 5 years dissolved mid T14
    Sig by Safhira

Yes, I use Mind Spike when I do dailies. Quick burst works fine.

By the way, do you guys use Vampiric Embrace often? The only times I use it is generally when I misclick it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliell View Post
    By the way, do you guys use Vampiric Embrace often? The only times I use it is generally when I misclick it...
    You're a huge bad, especially since the 5.3 change.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much every attempt at a boss. Glyphed in my case its doing around 145-155k burst hps if used with devouring plague and insanity.
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-06-27 at 09:41 PM.

If I'm not specifically assigned to use VE at a certain part, I will definitely use it if I see lots of damage going on to help out.

if you don't have a set time for your VE, you should watch your raidframes and use it if multiple people are <50% when your DP is up.

Bender will be completly useless if they dont buff it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velinart View Post
    Bender will be completly useless if they dont buff it
    I would like to see Bender get buffed, it should also do something more unique IMO - right now it's just shadowfiend that hits for less, but it available more often. Not that I don't find him cute *pets mindbender* :3E
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

but again the problem is for PvP, they can't juste buff Mindbender dmg withtou affecting our pvp burst.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velinart View Post
    but again the problem is for PvP, they can't juste buff Mindbender dmg withtou affecting our pvp burst.
    Mindbender is peelable, dots/DP are dispellable, and Insanity is interruptable - our damage isn't too much the issue. But actually I was thinking more along the lines of providing it some unique utility rather than just being a Shadowfiend with a 3 minute cooldown. Maybe it could life steal on hit, or snare, or something Something to make it different than a DoT with legs..errr.... tentacles ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Maybe it could life steal on hit, or snare, or something Something to make it different than a DoT with legs..errr.... tentacles ^^
    I love both of those ideas, If it were up to me I would prefer the life steal, seems more cooldown like then a snare IMO. I agree that mindbender just being bascily half a shadowfiend on 1/3 of the cooldown is underwhelming to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Mindbender is peelable, dots/DP are dispellable, and Insanity is interruptable - our damage isn't too much the issue. But actually I was thinking more along the lines of providing it some unique utility rather than just being a Shadowfiend with a 3 minute cooldown. Maybe it could life steal on hit, or snare, or something Something to make it different than a DoT with legs..errr.... tentacles ^^
    As long as it's a brainless mana return on a short CD, which makes all the healers pick it, I don't see any changes done to it.

maybe one of the changes might adress the mana return as well, example: 1% mana gain every two hits. or make it give half mana to shadow.

Ended up dropping FDCL in favor of mindbender for our kill. FDCL is better than MF:I for movement, but mindbender simmed even better for single target during heavy movement. There's no time to be VTing a bunch of adds in phase 3, lol. So I'm back to only using FDCL on council, and that's not even too necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    maybe one of the changes might adress the mana return as well, example: 1% mana gain every two hits. or make it give half mana to shadow.
    They should just make it a pet that attaches to your target and deals periodic damage. That would both make it scale with mastery, and give it's tentacles some meaning, aside of them making it ugly as fu*k.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-06-29 at 12:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    ugly as fu*k.
    oh no you didn't, it's soooooo cute!
    Sig by Safhira