Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't think the issue was the proc (at least, after they fixed the rate following that stealth nerf), but the fact that Mind Spike damage is subpar anyways, despite the proc's damage buff - MF:I is still better by leaps and bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    i bet the buff to the proc chance of FDCL is a fruitless attempt at making the talent more viable for ST fights and supposedly fixing our movement dps. If they are 100% sure of this change, I'm also expecting a bender buff as well, so that it doesn't stay behind.
    If they buff mindbender, won't they also have to buff shadowfiend?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidsinger View Post
    I don't think the issue was the proc (at least, after they fixed the rate following that stealth nerf), but the fact that Mind Spike damage is subpar anyways, despite the proc's damage buff - MF:I is still better by leaps and bounds.
    yes. they fix this with half-assery as usual. nothing but the initial pvp nerfs is done with proper thinking and planning for shadow this expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    If they buff mindbender, won't they also have to buff shadowfiend?
    I honestly don't think so. Bender already does more damage than Fiend on the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    I honestly don't think so. Bender already does more damage than Fiend on the long run.
    That's why it's a talent lol...
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Despite the movement, Insanity is still by far superior on H Lei Shen. The only part of the fight where you can't make full use of SW:I is p3, when you need to bait Thunderstruck, anyways.
    Silly Veiled, Pravity used Mind Spike and did pretty well so clearly it's better! :P

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper101 View Post
    Silly Veiled, Pravity used Mind Spike and did pretty well so clearly it's better! :P
    He also had an astonishing 35.8% uptime on the Megaera trinket, and 14 UVLS procs over a 10 minute fight. The next US rank down had 19.8% uptime and 10 UVLS. This likely isnt something he'd be able to repeat reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    He also had an astonishing 35.8% uptime on the Megaera trinket, and 14 UVLS procs over a 10 minute fight. The next US rank down had 19.8% uptime and 10 UVLS. This likely isnt something he'd be able to repeat reliably.
    It doesn't have much to do with that. It's 'cause he's almost solo cleaving Balls of Lightning, and getting tricks'ed on top of it.

^ point me to a progress kill where any SP had these stats and I'll delete my character.

All of that guy's logs consist of 90% his guild cheesing it so he can rank and 10% proper execution on his behalf, so you should never take them as a reliable source on how you should play. If you really wanna look at someone who ranks only 'cause of their own play, look up Val / Ariadne / Artzie.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-06-23 at 11:06 PM.

lol i'm always amazed by people on this board being completely incapable of reading logs. 9 tricks on a shadowpriest... that level of cheese never even happened in dragon soul (except maybe madness mindsearing in last phase), when shadow's dps was arguably the most competitive it has ever been (at least since the 2nd or 3rd week TBC shadow dps nerf).
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-06-24 at 12:18 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Well two things. First of all, I am Pravity, and I was just trying to be humorous; notice the ":P". Secondly - now that the gloves are off - none of you know what you are talking about. Hsp is a rogue alt of Hesp, my brother shadowpriest here in Midwinter, it makes sense that he would be giving me tricks. Now as for the parse, if you bothered to look at logs with a little more intelligence, you would notice that I most certainly did not 'solo the adds' with mind sear. The next FIVE parses below me have a respective 17.7%, 14.8%, 20.9%, 17.0%, and 17.9% of their overall damage being mind sear. I come in at 12.9%. I simply timed my halo better, as you can most obviously see. Feel free to go watch replays of our kill on my stream and you will find that there was absolutely no 'cheese' - minus our other shadowpriest giving me tricks on his alt; and most of the top parses have them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    This likely isnt something he'd be able to repeat reliably.
    The Week Before notice I did 232k. Seems pretty reliable to me. If you're not good with numbers that is still a number 1 parse.

All of that guy's logs consist of 90% his guild cheesing it so he can rank and 10% proper execution on his behalf, so you should never take them as a reliable source on how you should play. If you really wanna look at someone who ranks only 'cause of their own play, look up Val / Ariadne / Artzie.
    It's nice to know that my supposed horde friend still has absolutely no idea what she is talking about. If you need any more lessons on how to gear or play shadowpriest, just hit me up on real id.

The Week Before notice I did 232k. Seems pretty reliable to me. If you're not good with numbers that is still a number 1 parse.
    Still a 12k difference, which is what I was pointing out. That's usually a lot more than a 1 spot rank difference. The difference in proc uptimes would be pretty consistent with the dmg gained on that kill. Your damage by spell/debuff uptimes were within a much smaller margin.
    Probably should've worded it better, As in Reliably keep that trinket uptime.

Hsp is a rogue alt of Hesp, my brother shadowpriest here in Midwinter, it makes sense that he would be giving me tricks.
    I can't but relate to calling the other SP in your guild a brother, but as far as simple logic is taken into consideration you may as well be married, tricks'ing a Shadow Priest in a normal raiding environment (which yours obviously isn't, hence I called it cheesing) still wont make sense. Tricks goes to whoever is able to do most damage at given moment, and, bar Ra-Den orbs, it by no means in Throne of Thunder was ever a Shadow Priest.

For the sake of further clarification, I got tricks'ed once in this entire tier, and, even tho I never in my entire life gave the least of f***s about ranks, I dogged you proper hard. Yes, it was 2 weeks later, but even then I still had worse gear (~535 or so, my dots tick for ~500 less than yours do).
    The next FIVE parses below me have a respective 17.7%, 14.8%, 20.9%, 17.0%, and 17.9% of their overall damage being mind sear. I come in at 12.9%.
    Who ever said any of the top 100 parses reflect how SP actually performs on this encounter? Link me the WoL of your 1st Lei Shen HC kill, and let's compare how reasonable your DMG now is when compared to how much you did on progress, when, unlike farm, damage actually mattered. Oh, wait, you can't. You weren't even in the raid.
    Feel free to go watch replays of our kill on my stream and you will find that there was absolutely no 'cheese'
    Raiding on main with 20 alts totally doesn't cheese your dmg.
    It's nice to know that my supposed horde friend still has absolutely no idea what she is talking about. If you need any more lessons on how to gear or play shadowpriest, just hit me up on real id.
    I'm neither your friend, nor a "she", nor could I possibly have you on real ID, because "if you bothered to look with a little more intelligence (Pravity 2013)", you'd realize I'm not from the US. Judging by not just this, but the sole fact that you think I'm someone you can convince that the wall of text about "not cheesing" you've just hit me with is correct, you've prolly mixed me up with someone else who's not even above average, and could actually use your help.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-06-24 at 03:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Y'all need to simmer down. O.o

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

I simply timed my halo better, as you can most obviously see.
    I wish my guild didn't kill the ball lightnings within 3 seconds, and gave me 3 seconds to run out for halo. First world problems I guess.

People got mad and trying to find reasons / excuses to blame when someone else have opinion differs from theirs and higher ranked. I thought SP community was supposed to be more matured as how it was years ago, but time changes things I guess :/ Calm down and realize no one is saying your opinion is invalid, people are pointing there are (and many) other people running the other option and doing well, so it should at least work to a certain extend.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2013-06-24 at 05:15 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't but relate to calling the other SP in your guild a brother, but as far as simple logic is taken into consideration you may as well be married, tricks'ing a Shadow Priest in a normal raiding environment (which yours obviously isn't, hence I called it cheesing) still wont make sense. Tricks goes to whoever is able to do most damage at given moment, and, bar Ra-Den orbs, it by no means in Throne of Thunder was ever a Shadow Priest.

For the sake of further clarification, I got tricks'ed once in this entire tier, and, even tho I never in my entire life gave the least of f***s about ranks, I dogged you proper hard. Yes, it was 2 weeks later, but even then I still had worse gear (~535 or so, my dots tick for ~500 less than yours do).
    You can sit there and pretend all you want that tricks is the only reason my damage was that high. I'm not even sure why you brought it up in the first place, since the original point was purely about insanity vs fdcl. Tricks doesn't changed that at all, nor would it change my rank. What a pointless argument. And for the record, I got zero tricks during progression, which is the only time shit like this matters.

And please, can you not see how pathetic it is to link ONE BOSS that you beat me on when I have a higher parse than you on the other twelve? Especially considering you padded the shit out of the massive golems, you know, the adds you ignore.... 7.6% of my damage was done to them where you had 15.6%. 47% of your damage done to the boss, 60% for me. Not even close. How ironic is it that you call me out for 'cheesing 90% of the time' and you link a log where you pad like there is no tomorrow.
    Who ever said any of the top 100 parses reflect how SP actually performs on this encounter? Link me the WoL of your 1st Lei Shen HC kill, and let's compare how reasonable your DMG now is when compared to how much you did on progress, when, unlike farm, damage actually mattered. Oh, wait, you can't. You weren't even in the raid.
    If you are progressing on Leishen, you should do exactly what is done in my parse. I'm not sure why you think the priests in the top 100 parses do things that are somehow not acceptable during progression. Not one bit of it is padding. And since you brought it up, fdcl is a much better option for those progressing on LS. Movement is 100% more important than the small amount of potential damage gain, and phase 3 is by far the most important phase, the phase where even you stated fdcl would be better.
    Raiding on main with 20 alts totally doesn't cheese your dmg.
    That parse had 10 alts, and our kill time was well on pace with any other kill out there. Again, go watch the stream if you think ball lightnings were up for longer than usual.
    I'm neither your friend, nor a "she", nor could I possibly have you on real ID, because "if you bothered to look with a little more intelligence (Pravity 2013)", you'd realize I'm not from the US. Judging by not just this, but the sole fact that you think I'm someone you can convince that the wall of text about "not cheesing" you've just hit me with is correct, you've prolly mixed me up with someone else who's not even above average, and could actually use your help.
    Finally something you are correct about. I did mix you up with someone else. The good news is, the real/cooler veiled and I had a good laugh about it, and it doesn't change anything about what I said. You're spurting bullshit out of multiple holes, and considering I haven't had any contact with you in my life, I don't understand it one bit. In the future, I would appreciate it if you kept your outlandish claims to yourself, or at least back them up with an ounce of proof.

And for the record, I got zero tricks during progression, which is the only time shit like this matters.
    Ofc you got 0. Stormwind was out of range for the rogues in raid.
    And please, can you not see how pathetic it is to link ONE BOSS that you beat me on when I have a higher parse than you on the other twelve? Especially considering you padded the shit out of the massive golems, you know, the adds you ignore.... 7.6% of my damage was done to them where you had 15.6%. 47% of your damage done to the boss, 60% for me. Not even close. How ironic is it that you call me out for 'cheesing 90% of the time' and you link a log where you pad like there is no tomorrow.
    Pathetic? I'd rather say you've just proven my point yourself. It had nothing to do with you vs. me. I said I'm pointing it out for clarification, and I've more than succeeded. This was my exact point. I've only beaten you because i padded and you didn't! That's how you beat people on WoL, you'd know it better than anyone. I'm hardly even top100 on any other boss, 'cause i cba doing a lot more than Mind Flay on farm, or I just think of a creative way to die within the first 10 seconds.
    And since you brought it up, fdcl is a much better option for those progressing on LS. Movement is 100% more important than the small amount of potential damage gain, and phase 3 is by far the most important phase, the phase where even you stated fdcl would be better.
    It may be better now, but it for sure wasn't better 2 months ago where every bit of dmg in all phases mattered. And your DMG in p3 as a SP was highly irrelevant, as you'd spend most of it healing.
    The good news is, the real/cooler veiled and I had a good laugh about it, and it doesn't change anything about what I said.
    I know people who also have a good laugh whenever you call Veiled who's still stuck on Lei Shen, and who's highest 3's rating is 1.6k the "real Veiled" (even though Wowprogress, which sorts characters by relevance begs to differ). If that's even the Veiled you're comparing me to. All others are even worse.
    You're spurting bullshit out of multiple holes.
    Can't remember if I've ever received a bigger compliment on the internets. <3
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-06-24 at 06:41 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Veiled and Veiled in the same thread!~

Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    Veiled and Veiled in the same thread!~
    Should just lock the thread. Too much veil has been cast upon it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know people who also have a good laugh whenever you call Veiled who's still stuck on Lei Shen, and who's highest 3's rating is 1.6k the "real Veiled" (even though Wowprogress, which sorts characters by relevance begs to differ). If that's even the Veiled you're comparing me to. All others are even worse.
    You created your account in June of 2012, which just so happens to be the same time that you transferred and name changed your priest...

Meanwhile, I've been Veiled since The Burning Crusade, and created this account a year and a half later in 2008. I've been known as Veiled for 99% of my wow career and everyone else knows who I am when people say "Veiled". As far as being "stuck" on Lei Shen, my guild pulled him for the first time this week.. I'd hardly say we are "stuck". Additionally, I don't pvp and wasn't even aware I'd ever done 3s to begin with, but thank for you listing my accomplishments. Speaking of accomplishments, I'm pretty sure that mine far outweigh yours and quite frankly I'm appalled at the blatant disrespect you show some of the most respected people in this community, like Pravity.

So yes, I'm the real Veiled and anyone who's anyone knows that. Don't worry, I'll pay for your name change and you can try to be unique again! <3

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Should just lock the thread. Too much veil has been cast upon it.
    Why lock it? I can't eat this popcorn fast enough. I'm GCD capped on popping popcorn spikes.