Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Signet of Illusions: Clones and Phantasms will now gain the passive effect of this signet when they are created, rather than a few moments after creation.
    HOLY DA FUCK SHIT. It's a miracle.

Now if only they would fix mesmer block so it won't suck against multiple foes.

To bad the rest of the changes for mesmer (except 1) are entirely selfish and the interrupt trait changes are pretty useless on anything that's immune (most bosses, some trash mobs, DR, etc). Pretty lackluster changes imo.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-06-21 at 01:39 PM.

Warrior changes look nice. A lot seems aimed at reducing the animation routines in the game. Good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't get terribly worked up over this "unofficial leak" considering the source is a one post wonder on reddit.
    Valar morghulis

Body Shot: Aftercast reduced by .4s. Decreased Vuln duratrion to 3s. Increaased to 10 stacks fo Vuln.
    Body shot is still useless because of the expensive initiative cost and you reduced the duration. Wow..... still nobody will use it. Not sure what Anet is trying to accomplish there.

I wouldn't get terribly worked up over this "unofficial leak" considering the source is a one post wonder on reddit.
    It's very specific though.

My theifs weakness build is now dead though. I could get almost 100% uptime on bosses but now they nerfed the duration of weakness on my theif and reduced the % chance and my venom is changing to chains instead of weakness

/sigh
    Last edited by zito; 2013-06-21 at 03:20 PM.

Illusionary Counter: This skill damage has been reduced to 25% of what it was. It now applies 3 stacks of Torment for 8 seconds.
    So Scepter Block is going to be condition based? Kinda cool for what's supposed to be the "condition weapon". Still would be nice to see conditions (confusion?) added to the last hit of the 1-chain like it's supposed to be. >.>

That signet of Illusions change is huge. Something that's been felt lacking for a long long time. The Interruption giving Quickness trait seems like something I'd be able to use frequently, I like it.

Compounding Celerity: Movement speed per active illusion has been increased to 10%, allowing for 30% movement speed when three illusions are active.
    Hey look, movement speed! Finally!

Then again, our resident planted ANet Community Manager (or what is your actual title, Karizee, I'm certain we can get you officially hooked up with that like we do for Trion staff) is telling us to not trust it because of its truthfully questionable source (a valid claim, for sure). So, I'll reserve actual judgement until we see actual notes go live.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Now if only they would fix mesmer block so it won't suck against multiple foes.
    You mean, "Every single block in the game except for Shield Stance on Warriors which has a much longer cooldown and is interrupted by moving"?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Then again, our resident planted ANet Community Manager (or what is your actual title, Karizee, I'm certain we can get you officially hooked up with that like we do for Trion staff) is telling us to not trust it because of its truthfully questionable source (a valid claim, for sure). So, I'll reserve actual judgement until we see actual notes go live.

You can stop with this anytime Kelesti. I do not work for ANet in any way shape or form.

Just a fan. Log into the game once in awhile, there's alot of us
    Valar morghulis

I hope this update makes the game more interesting to play. I have become bored of GW2 sadly :/

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You can stop with this anytime Kelesti. I do not work for ANet in any way shape or form.
    You give a lot of reasons for people to doubt "just a fan". Considering this is the first time you've actually responded to it in any way shape or form, done.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well, some of the coming changes accidentally got in with the latest patch. The ones that got in match up with the leaked notes. It doesn't mean all the leaked notes will reflect the final list of changes, but there is some of the changes already in.

The only one I know of for sure was the change to the Ele Earth trait that provided stability. It used to increase bleed damage, but as of an hour ago it provided stability. They did just sneak in another patch and may have tried taking those out. I have a feeling they probably just left them in since they were going to happen anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Well, some of the coming changes accidentally got in with the latest patch. The ones that got in match up with the leaked notes. It doesn't mean all the leaked notes will reflect the final list of changes, but there is some of the changes already in.

The only one I know of for sure was the change to the Ele Earth trait that provided stability. It used to increase bleed damage, but as of an hour ago it provided stability. They did just sneak in another patch and may have tried taking those out. I have a feeling they probably just left them in since they were going to happen anyways.
    BS.

The only Ele Earth trait that provides stability is XI Rock Solid. It never applied bleeds.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rock_Solid
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    BS.

The only Ele Earth trait that provides stability is XI Rock Solid. It never applied bleeds.
    Sorry. I got myself mixed up there. XI Rock Solid is now trait VIII, to go in line with leaked notes. Trait VIII was the bleed trait Serrated Stones. What is now trait XI is Diamond Skin, which did not exist before.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

My theifs weakness build is now dead though. I could get almost 100% uptime on bosses but now they nerfed the duration of weakness on my theif and reduced the % chance and my venom is changing to chains instead of weakness

/sigh
    they changed weakness considerably, weakness now counts for all attacks, not only non-crits. This is huge and all skills working with weakness have to be reworked. 100% uptime of weakness means, that the mob can't really hit you since most of his hits will miss.

I find this kind of funny how people complain about changes without seeing the whole picture.

I'm very much looking forward to the scavenger hunt. It will be permanent, which is awesome. We saw the achievements as a bug showed those unintentionally last week... it seems that the hunt leads us to quite a few mini-dungeons in the game. I wasn't aware that there are so many of them in the game, so it's like new content for me There's also a post which states that the scavenger hunt ties in somehow with the new novel.
    • Sea of Sorrows Scavenger Hunt—Begins June 25

In this new permanent content, retrace the steps of Cobiah Marriner. Twelve plaques have been set up to honor the history of the city and its founder. You can find clues to the plaques’ locations in Sea of Sorrows. Complete the scavenger hunt to earn five skill points.
    Exciting.

also the Jumping Puzzle is permanent too
    • Aetherblade “Not So Secret” Jumping Puzzle – Begins July 1

Introducing a new, permanent jumping puzzle! An Aetherblade airship is hidden inside a holographic mountain – find your way in, fight with the pirates inside, and prove your prowess using a pair of hard-to-find diving goggles.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-06-22 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

also the Jumping Puzzle is permanent too
    There was a patch that said there are new formations in Gendarren Fields, I wonder if that is the jumping puzzle?

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    There was a patch that said there are new formations in Gendarren Fields, I wonder if that is the jumping puzzle?
    it's quite likely, you can actually look what's inside this "mountain" if you're far enough from it since the insides load before the outsides. I won't spoil for you what's inside though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    The strange holographic mountain in Gendarran Fields? Yes, could be the JP. The mountain even disappears and you can see the weird tubes and the airship inside if you look at is from a larger distance (Ascalon settlement, south exit for example).
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

You mean, "Every single block in the game except for Shield Stance on Warriors which has a much longer cooldown and is interrupted by moving"?
    Yes. You know I am avid "fuck block" fan. It should go into a channel block with a longer CD, Block a few attacks like guardian block, or give you 1 sec of blur upon being hit with block up (since the damage portion has a freaken cast time leaving you a sitting duck)

they changed weakness considerably, weakness now counts for all attacks, not only non-crits. This is huge and all skills working with weakness have to be reworked. 100% uptime of weakness means, that the mob can't really hit you since most of his hits will miss.
    I'm aware. I'm also aware that if the patch notes are true it stacks to 5 times(?) meaning 1 of my 2 support builds I made for my theif will be dead :/

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    The strange holographic mountain in Gendarran Fields? Yes, could be the JP. The mountain even disappears and you can see the weird tubes and the airship inside if you look at is from a larger distance (Ascalon settlement, south exit for example).
    now you've spoilered it for him xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    now you've spoilered it for him xD
    I could have put it in spoiler tags, but now that you have quoted me... AIRSHIPS AIRSHIPS AIRSHIPS!
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    I could have put it in spoiler tags, but now that you have quoted me... AIRSHIPS AIRSHIPS AIRSHIPS!
    what a doom loop

Deleted
    this game needs an expansion. These updates are nothing.