Lockout Question

So, I just joined a guild who are 11/13H. I'm very behind their gear level (mostly in the trinkets). They are probably going to extend lockouts to kill Lei Shen now. My question is whether I can kill Lei Shen this week and still be eligible for their extended lockout on Lei Shen next week. Also, I'd like to know if I could kill Lei Shen this week and clear to Lei Shen next week and still be eligible.

You can clear Lei Shen this week. You can clear up to Lei Shen on normal only next week if you do it before you enter the instance with the extended lockout.

your first question is a little confusing; are you asking if you can kill lei shen this week on normal, then work on him again after the reset on the heroic lockout? in that case, of course you can. your progression is cleared after the reset, so you can then join the raid at any point.

second question about clearing to lei shen and then joining the extended lockout: this should also be ok IF you don't do ANY of the early bosses on heroic. heroic lockouts are weird so if you do anything on heroic you won't be eligible for a different heroic lockout. as long as you stick to normal you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    your first question is a little confusing; are you asking if you can kill lei shen this week on normal, then work on him again after the reset on the heroic lockout? in that case, of course you can. your progression is cleared after the reset, so you can then join the raid at any point.

second question about clearing to lei shen and then joining the extended lockout: this should also be ok IF you don't do ANY of the early bosses on heroic. heroic lockouts are weird so if you do anything on heroic you won't be eligible for a different heroic lockout. as long as you stick to normal you should be fine.
    Yeah, I meant that (assuming we don't kill H Lei Shen this week) I'd kill N Lei Shen without them (or with them and maybe just have our raid leader sit out with the lockout).