Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And yet you haven't said why. You just join the bandwagon.

I didn't know I was supposed to write a review.

I didn't join the bandwagon. It should be common knowledge that the WoW story isn't that compelling, not because of the characters, but due to the writers involved. If this were not the case then people would know Christie Golden as well as they do Tolkien or JK Rowling. People who have no idea what Lord of the Rings or what Harry Potter is, still know Tolkien and Rowling.

The only people on the bandwagon are those that think Warcraft writing is compelling.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-06-20 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Kingdom Hearts

Metal Gear Solid

Final Fantasy

Play any of these games. You will see what awesome stories can games have. And also, who the fuck gives a shit if the writer is famous or not. Can you name me all the writers from all the movies you've watched?
    learn the concept of background story.

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    yes, they are all humans

plus:
    Harry Potter = Daniel Radcliffe
    Gandalf = Ian McKellen
    Bilbo = Ian Holm
    ANNDDDDD most definite troll spotted.

OT anyway: I personally love the war to Warcraft. The only other lore that I like more is ASOIAF (Game of Thrones). It's a taste thing. The thing that hooked me about Warcraft III was the story.

ALSO, obviously people love it or you wouldn't have people like Traask who argue so vehemently about it. (This is not meant as an insult to Traask <3)

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    People who have no idea what Lord of the Rings or what Harry Potter is, still know Tolkien and Rowling.
    I'm actually way more inclined to believe the opposite is true. Artists, as a general rule of thumb, tend to be a lot less famous than their work.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be common knowledge that the WoW story isn't that compelling,
    That's your opinion. Stop showing off as fact.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

From a heroic player standpoint, I typically don't care. It was still neat to see Illidan, or Arthas in the game when they appeared though. But stuff like Garrosh being a jerk, I don't really care or understand why people think that.

Then again, there are other people in my guild that get into that sort of thing, so it's really an individual preference type of thing, not necessarily a player type.

Nope, never interested me much. I can enjoy the general story of zones/raids as I play them trough, but thats about it.

Good campaign story inn WC3 is also nice.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope nobody does, it's all just a huge in-joke; you figured it out!

p.s They have hired professional writers.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Learn the concepts of proper arguments and sound logic.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Only thing better than the lore is even more lores.

Just like there's nothing better than more gears, having gear just isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's your opinion. Stop showing off as fact.
    no he's right absolutely correct.

As soon as I came back to the game, I watched the MOP cinematic, the cinematic, like WoW and its lore, is awesome until the retarded panda comes in.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I didn't know I was supposed to write a review.

I didn't join the bandwagon. It should be common knowledge that the WoW story isn't that compelling, not because of the characters, but due to the writers involved. If this were not the case then people would know Christie Golden as well as they do Tolkien or JK Rowling. People who have no idea what Lord of the Rings or what Harry Potter is, still know Tolkien and Rowling.

The only people on the bandwagon are those that think Warcraft writing is compelling.
    Not really... I can go ask a 6th grade if they've heard about Lord of the Rings and they'll say yes, if I ask them about if they know a guy named Tolkien, most will say nope.

Oh and no, an opinion is not common knowledge.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 06:08 PM ----------

As soon as I came back to the game, I watched the MOP cinematic, the cinematic, like WoW and its lore, is awesome until the retarded panda comes in.
    Ah listen sweety, you said it yourself "only lore worth knowing is warcraft 3" - which is also the same game that introduced the "retarded panda", so according to your otherwise bulletproof logic, the retarded panda is worth knowing. Oh and a quick thing, prior to the MoP announcement, whenever a "Which race would you like to be playable?" thread appeared, the poll always showed that most people wanted to play a Pandaren... So yeah... The people have spoken princess.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-06-20 at 06:12 PM.

Why are you telling me this? I mentioned those games because they are not like WoW. And from the OP I can see that he dislikes the lore of WoW because of the way it is. I like it. It's one of my favorite lores. I don't even play the game at this time and I still follow the story.

You should say that to him, not to me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    I'm actually way more inclined to believe the opposite is true. Artists, as a general rule of thumb, tend to be a lot less famous than their work.
    That's because the opposite is true.

Personally I have read all of the Harry Potter books, watch anime, love watching movies and tv shows. I've also read a few other books as well

But I don't care about WoW lore, it isn't even made by professional writers.

You can't compare these lores to the Lord of the Rings saga or Harry Potter, they don't feel as epic

I'm sure Blizzard has enough money to hire professional writers like Stephen King, JK Rowling or Masashi Kishimoto, until then I'm not reading any lores.

The only lore worth knowing is from WC3. Pandas were the last straw. Even then it's stupid, a game is already not real, you're reading a thing that is not real about another thing that is also not real.
    Oh, look, another Birkhoff thread.

The writer's ARE professional.

I love the Lore, and a multitude of others do, too.

Once more, a person thinks their opinion is fact.

And once more, all because Blizzard introduced a race that is different, people persecute them for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why are you telling me this. I mentioned those games because they are not like WoW. And from the OP I can see that he dislikes the lore of WoW because of the way it is. I like it. It's one of my favorite lores. I don't even play the game at this time and I still follow the story.

You should say that to him, not to me.
    Birkhoff is the OP :P

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Oh, I get it.

This poster is insane.
    That's what I'm gathering.

Literally nothing he is posting in response makes any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Ah listen sweety, you said it yourself "only lore worth knowing is warcraft 3" - which is also the same game that introduced the "retarded panda", so according to your otherwise bulletproof logic, the retarded panda is worth knowing.
    Nobody cared about pandas and even knew they existed. The problem is not just pandas, the enemies are also pretty meh. Who cares about fucking lei shen or the shas(that is a fucking overused theme). MOP storyline is generic and this is why they are bringing back the burning legion. That's all.
    Last edited by Birkhoff; 2013-06-20 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's because the opposite is true.
    Exactly, Dracula, Tarzan and Conan are well known characters, Bram Stoker, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E Howard on the other hand...

KUNG FU FRAKING PANDA IS A MOVIE, so that lore is real then? close this DAMN THREAD ALREADY!.