Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

PTR Update: Readiness Nerf

Readiness now finishes the cooldowns on Rapid Fire, Feign Death, Deterrence, Disengage, and Camouflage when activated (was all Hunter abilities with a base cooldown of less than 5 minutes).

Explosive Trap no longer shares a cooldown with Black Arrow but can no longer activate Lock and Load.

Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=215350/5...ated-june-20th

UPDATE:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Two examples: We will compensate hunters for Readiness and paladins for Eternal Flame, should those changes stick beyond a PTR build or so.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...62412587839489
    Last edited by MatteoG; 2013-06-21 at 01:13 AM.

Watch them not even buff our damage to compensate.

I want compensation immediately or I will re roll.

Made a post about it on the NA PTR Discussion forum. This is concerning in that Survival and Marks already aren't doing very good then this change comes in and will be a pretty noticeable nerf to Beast Mastery PvE. There needs to be compensation for this.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344564465

For NA posters, have some discussion there and hopefully we'll get some attention on this. It's a great change for PvP but it concerns me a bit as Blizzard doesn't have a good track record when it comes to this class and compensating or giving actual damage fixes.

Deleted
    aha omg finally locks and mage's qq post hit us,never seen(if this will go live) a nerf like this,there will be something to compensate ofc,but...double bw,silcencing,trap,kill command,explo,chimera ecc ecc,this is really too much...if we are number 1 class as pve and pvp i can understand,this change has been made for pvp ofc,lol nothing to say really,just incredible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcg View Post
    Watch them not even buff our damage to compensate.
    Hunters dont need compensation for this. They need more nerfs!

Infracted - Please do not come into a class forum with the intention to just flame the class.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-06-21 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    More nerfs for being right in the middle of the charts?

We could all roll Mage/locks in response. Since they're doing such a good job of messing with things this patch. /sigh. really don't want to main switch in the final tier again....
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Sarcasm.....right?

Deleted
    It might also be interesting to look at this combined with the new tier set bonuses. It looks to me that in PvE the only use for readiness will be to reset rapid fire, which will already get cooldown reductions from arcane shot and multi-shot.

And I'm worried about the effect on soloing. I personally use exhilaration quite a lot when soloing to get out of sticky situations. Not being able to reset it might cause some problems.

This makes our opener totally boring. We will lose so much damage it's not even funny. I expect some upcoming buffs. They wouldn't just do that without compensation.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    So we're going back to the early Cata method of dropping Freezing trap for more crit damage. I can deal with that. I'll see how it Sims out b4 making an "OMG, they nerfed my class to the ground" forum thread.

Just need to Glyph of No Escape and viola, 100% crit on every shot.
    Last edited by Volbian; 2013-06-20 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimus View Post
    Sarcasm.....right?
    Well of course. This guy mainly talks about PvP in general with simple-minded answers anyway, disregarding the majority of PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    So we're going back to the early Cata method of dropping Freezing trap for more crit damage. I can deal with that. I'll see how it Sims out b4 making an "OMG, they nerfed my class to the ground" forum thread.

Just need to Glyph of No Escape and viola, 100% crit on every shot.
    You read that wrong. Freezing Trap is our CC trap, not slow trap and neither affects bosses.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Looks like they wanted to tone down the opener burst. I suspect they'll give some buffs to sustained damage to compensate.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Looks like they wanted to tone down the opener burst. I suspect they'll give some buffs to sustained damage to compensate.
    You have to remember that this is blizzard we are talking about. There will be a 5% buff to AoTH and they will call it fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You read that wrong. Freezing Trap is our CC trap, not slow trap and neither affects bosses.

You're right. I did read that wrong. But even though the Frost trap didn't slow bosses, if they stood in it, it still was critting regardless(In Late Wrath, early Cata ofc)
    Maybe they'll change the glyph to Frost trap? Beta not out yet, guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    You're right. I did read that wrong. But even though the Frost trap didn't slow bosses, if they stood in it, it still was critting regardless(In Late Wrath, early Cata ofc)
    Maybe they'll change the glyph to Frost trap? Beta not out yet, guess we'll see.
    That would make it too powerful though. The proposed change to this glyph will simply guarantee a crit on the CC'd target, which you could say is a long overdue 'fix' over the mere +20% crit on the first ability you use on the frozen target.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimus View Post
    I want compensation immediately or I will re roll.
    Thats the attitude! now hunters, flood the forums such as locks did with KJC and you shall obviously receive a much smaller nerf compared to this one

Deleted
    Im starting to feel really dissapointed of how hunters are treated in this expansion.They obviously have absolutely no direction and no idea of what they re buffing/nerfing they just listen blindly to people's QQ and that hurts the class a lot.If they want to proceed with that nerf they really need to come with something ideal to compensate this class cant suffer more nerfs at its current state.