Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

(Hunter) Would you accept less mobility for higher Patchwerk dps ?

There's a lot of discussion going on lately regarding ranged, mobility, and dps potential.

Since Hunters are not hindered by movement, you are balanced around the idea that movement will not cost you dps. Other ranged do not have the full mobility / full dps niche that Hunters have (either there is a limited range of mobile spells, or there is not full movement). This means those other classes are compensated for the loss of movement by having higher stand-and-nuke dps (at least in theory).

Would you Hunters be willing to trade in some of your mobility for higher stand-and-nuke dps ? Maybe a self-snare when casting Cobra/Steady ? Not being able to cast Cobra/Steady when moving at all ? Revert to stance dancing (at the cost of a gcd each switch) ? Maybe have some of your other instants converted to cast time with normal movement restriction on them ?

Or do you feel that other ranged should be brought up to your level of mobility so that everyone is equally balanced for both Patchwerk and movement scenarios ? I don't see Blizz going this route (at least not anytime soon -- at the earliest, 6.0), but if it's part of the discussion maybe they'll listen. But maybe you folks would prefer to have the mobile dps niche all to yourselves ?

Is the question itself even hitting the mark ? Do you feel like your stand-and-nuke dps suffers because you have fully mobile dps ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Removing our insane mobility to get the same dps as mages and locks? Yes please.
    Even now when we have our mobility we get our asses kicked by classes that doesn't (mages, locks etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Removing our insane mobility to get the same dps as mages and locks? Yes please.
    Even now when we have our mobility we get our asses kicked by classes that doesn't (mages, locks etc).
    What specifically would you like to see changed? Buffs to the damage of Cobra and Steady, but the movement removed? Snares on Cobra and Steady? More damage in Serpent Sting so that you have more passive damage while you move without casting? Something else entirely?

I would hate to see our mobility go, but as Id like to also see at least a slight increase in sit/burst damage, I think maybe they should give us something inbetween.
    While not being heavily involved with any deep level of theory crafting at all, I think bringing back Sniper Training or something similar would help.
    Or make it so that movement would compromise your damage without crippling it, maybe making the Steady Shot/Aimed Shot Glyph so that you can use them while moving at the cost of something like casttime or damage, like the Lightning Bolt glyph works.

Making it a glyph would also make gameplay alittle more interesting as you could basically reactively switch inbetween bossfights that require less/more mobility.
    That being said, I kinda liked having to stancedance my aspect of the fox and hawk, but Id appreciate they make it something alittle more engaging. Not having any idea how to make it more engaging, Im fine with the way it works now.
    [An00b'arak]: im sure i dont know...im just an arachnid

[An00b'arak]: guess what im not ashamed of what i am

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride

Quote Originally Posted by Discokurt View Post
    I would hate to see our mobility go, but as Id like to also see at least a slight increase in sit/burst damage, I think maybe they should give us something inbetween.
    While not being heavily involved with any deep level of theory crafting at all, I think bringing back Sniper Training or something similar would help.
    Personally, I think Sniper Training is a fantastic design, and I'm not sure why they ever took it out. It would likely help both issues if they were to nerf Cobra and Steady by 5% and roll that into Sniper Training+5% for a stand still damage buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not for less than a significant buff. I think you guys are underestimating the usefulness and dps contribution of being able to use casts when moving. It's not something I'd give up for 5% more DPS.

I wouldnt give up our mobility for anything in the world, but I think they should at least think about improving our standstill dps aswell.
    I know you cant have your cake and eat it too, but if you dont have to move, you should at least be able to push out alittle more damage, dont you think? Something in the middle would be nice.
    Last edited by Discokurt; 2013-06-20 at 11:04 PM.
    [An00b'arak]: im sure i dont know...im just an arachnid

[An00b'arak]: guess what im not ashamed of what i am

[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people need to remember that [less mobility=/=balance]. As a former raider, now turned pvp, I do not for a second want our mobility lessened. Even from a Marksmanship perspective, I would MUCH rather having the ability to outmanoeuvre and outplay an opponent rather than have a mentally retarded stand and nuke fight. From a PvE perspective, I can understand that yes, it would be nice to be a little more competitive... However, how many Patchwerk style fights are created these days? People are complaining of late that we aren't up to the same standard as most pures, or even hybrids, that we are stuck in the middle of the pack. However, that is less a "lets remove some dps so they have more mobility" issue, and more a balancing problem and a "lets throw a quick buff to one spell, that'll fix hunters" issue.

No. Mobility is fun on both my lock and my hunter. Besides, there are very few Patchwerk fights today, so ranged often have to move and you wouldn't see much of a higher Patchwerk DPS.
    Ironically melees (who supposedly are balanced around not having 100% uptime) can just wail on the boss on most fights, while ranged and healers have to do all the "extra" stuff.

I think they should just give KJC to everyone. Having to stand still to cast is such an outdated concept.
    "But we would have to balance the fights around the fact that casters don't lose much DPS while moving"... yeah, do it, it's fine. If enrage timers get too tight, the fights will get nerfed anyways.

Maybe one spec could be super mobile, and another could be great at stand-still.

I don't think I can lose my mobility, I've gotten too used to it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Bring back a sniper training style buff. We maintain our mobility and ability to perform our entire rotation while on the move which is one of the things that makes hunters unique but are rewarded for standing still just like every other dps.
    Last edited by sayne9; 2013-06-21 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sayne9 View Post
    Bring back a sniper training style buff. We maintain our mobility and ability to perform our entire rotation while on the move which is one of the things that makes hunters unique but are rewarded for standing still just like every other dps.
    You say 'rewarded for standing still' but that just translates into 'punished for moving' because you don't move unless you need to.

I didn't like sniper training. I don't think that mobility is a good enough excuse to nerf our dps though, given that said dps is all we bring to a raid. We have no utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    No. Mobility is fun on both my lock and my hunter. Besides, there are very few Patchwerk fights today, so ranged often have to move and you wouldn't see much of a higher Patchwerk DPS.
    I used "Patchwerk" for shorthand. Even in movement-heavy fights there are periods where you can stand and nuke.

The old Sniper Training passive would be a nice way to make us a bit more competitive in PVE without affecting PVP. For those who don't remember, it was if you stood still for 6 sec you got a 6% damage buff for 15 seconds. Buff would refresh if you stayed still for another 6 sec before it ran out.

Wouldn't want to give up mobility though.

yes. i want to be rooted but be able to get 30% more dps than anyone else aka mages locks

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 04:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    The old Sniper Training passive would be a nice way to make us a bit more competitive in PVE without affecting PVP. For those who don't remember, it was if you stood still for 6 sec you got a 6% damage buff for 15 seconds. Buff would refresh if you stayed still for another 6 sec before it ran out.

Wouldn't want to give up mobility though.
    No sorry this is a retarded request. sniper training was awfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I don't think I can lose my mobility, I've gotten too used to it.
    Thiiiiiis. I love my mobility. So much.

I like making the boomkin in our raid cry. "Hey, if you just strafe constantly, you never get hit by Caw on H Ji-Kun!"
    "FUCK YOU"

I don't think there are any true Patchwerk fights left these days (few of the fights which are close to patchwerk fights require a little bit of movement and well there was Gara'jal) so losing the mobility just for some extra damage is not really needed.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    I don't think there are any true Patchwerk fights left these days (few of the fights which are close to patchwerk fights require a little bit of movement and well there was Gara'jal) so losing the mobility just for some extra damage is not really needed.
    Again, I used Patchwerk just for shorthand ... even on fights with a ton of movement there are periods where you get to stand and nuke. Mages, for example, have two level 90 talents that reward these periods of being able to stand still. When they can stand still, their damage goes up.