15+ Year Old Account

Siege of Orgrimmar

I just had a really weird thought...if we're going to be attacking Orgrimmar in 5.4 does it really make sense that the horde races (especially those that aren't orcs) are still gunna be running around in there going to the bank and checking their mail and junk? Then after they've repaired their armor and bought flasks off the AH they're going to run outside, and turn around and attack the city THEY WERE JUST IN?

I think it would be cool if Org was inaccessible at least until the first guild on server killed Garrosh (or simply after a predetermined number of days if your server sucks at raiding). Like if you tried to go inside the guards would straight up one-shot you, and if you tried to fly in you'd be gunned down immediately. I think it would add a lot of immersion to the world, and at the same time wouldn't be game-breaking because I'm pretty sure that everything in Org exists in some other city...well...except for that shrine with the portals.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

I don't expect anything. When anything in the raid/dungeon goes on, everything is in its own little universe and doesn't affect it.
    Besides, the QQ would be horrible for Blizzard, especially if this was horde only. I wouldn't like it much and would disrupt my gameplay on my alts severely.

Instance? Phasing?

You won't be able to check Mail or AH
    Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/sergioquijadaart
    Webpage: http://www.sergioquijada.cl
    Twitter: @sergioquijada
    Instagram: @sergioquijada

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Blizzard, knowing how much community loves orgrimmar, gave us chance to que within orgrimmar to raid orgrimmar. They herd we liek it. In fact there will be orgrimmar XL zone in new expac.

The massive number of babies playing WoW today would cry far too much for Blizz to make Orgrimmar not accessible.

You can forget about it OP.

Deleted
    You can walk up to Garrosh's face, tell him "You're going down, brokker", and hit the enter LFR button and kill him 30 mins later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshix View Post
    You won't be able to check Mail or AH
    Undercity; Thunderbluff; Silvermoon; Dalaran.

Did you ever heard about those places? They all have auction houses. Mail boxes you can find them almost everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post

Did you ever heard about those places? They all have auction houses. Mail boxes you can find them almost everywhere.
    You also have several quests that involve Orgrimmar, basicly everything from cata starts in Org The quests to start pandaria involves Garrosh, etc. The AH and mail are the leasts of issues. It wont happen, period.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post

Ok, I will be more specific: "You won't be able to check email/AH while running LFR or Raids in Org"
    Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/sergioquijadaart
    Webpage: http://www.sergioquijada.cl
    Twitter: @sergioquijada
    Instagram: @sergioquijada

There are other Horde cities... no reason why they cant block off Org IMHO. Though it would mess horribly with things like Mage Portals, Zeppelins.. portals to Org in places like Deepholm, etc. Probably too many technical hurdles there.

Doubt it. Hell the city is still only half built in the overworld even though that's Cataclysm era.

The fact of the matter is WoW has a static game world, short of very rare things like Cata revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    The massive number of babies playing WoW today would cry far too much for Blizz to make Orgrimmar not accessible.

You can forget about it OP.
    Stupid thing to say. They don't update the terrain of the game every time something happens in an instance. Has nothing to do with "babies", you're just coming across as a pompous jerk who likes to think he's somehow better than everyone else playing the game.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by meddle View Post
    There are other Horde cities... no reason why they cant block off Org IMHO. Though it would mess horribly with things like Mage Portals, Zeppelins.. portals to Org in places like Deepholm, etc. Probably too many technical hurdles there.
    I reckon putting the Cata portals in another city would take them about 5 seconds if they so desired. Do that and plonk ethereal NPCs for mog/void storage/etc in the other cities and tada.

But I don't think they want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    There's nothing happening in orgrimmar itself, the only siege of orgrimmar you'll do will be within the instance, not outside it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    sp
    Seems like the princess had her feelings hurt.

I'm sorry :'(