Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post 5.4 Demonic Gateway change

So with the new gateway change the debuff has been increase to 60 seconds, although i think this is an okay change one thing it will make more difficult is the ability to finish the Green fire quest since warlocks are highly dependent on this ability.
    Besides the green fire quest some raiders will find it frustrating to not be able to take the gate.

(Sorry for typos I am a little tired)
    Last edited by Puppy; 2013-06-21 at 11:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was kinda shocked to see that they increase the CD with 400%.
    Demonic Gateway was a good and fun ability, now it's nerfed to nothing
    They removed our ability of trolling with it (click to activate)
    They removed our ability to get a "bonus" in capitals
    They made them killable in PVP (A fair change)
    Now they made us unable to use it often

Why does Blizz suddenly hate Demonic Gateway?
    Last edited by Icebear; 2013-06-21 at 11:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    VERY grateful I just got green fire recently.
    Those Gates were KEY to beating kanrethad, with this new 60sec CD, that fight will be especially harder now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    The health nerf in 5.3 did hit me a little bit for PvP... but now it's worse since raiders will only be able to use it every now and then... when we might need it from a boss ability with a short CD like matter swap
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Demonic Gateway was a good and fun ability, now it's nerfed to nothing
    They removed our ability of trolling with it (click to activate)
    They removed our ability to get a "bonus" in capitals
    They made them killable in PVP (A fair change)
    Now they made us unable to use it often

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 04:32 AM ----------

I'm happy you got green fire and to be honest that was the first reason as to why the gateway nerf was huge thing since so many people had trouble with it and thought "Wow my other guild members use the gate way more than myself since i got a port already" bam
    Last edited by Puppy; 2013-06-21 at 11:34 AM.

because it's a one size (class) fits all to any raid mobility hazards. even with a 60 second cooldown, gateways are still way too good in raids. the problem is that 4 or more warlocks = portals for your entire raid, not that each raidmember can use one every 15 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    VERY grateful I just got green fire recently.
    Those Gates were KEY to beating kanrethad, with this new 60sec CD, that fight will be especially harder now.
    I didn't use them. No idea why you would.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    It was by no means the only way of doing the encounter, but a lot of people, myself included, made extensive use of the portals to keep aggro of you. In my experience it was the easiest method.

I'm sure I'd work out a different strategy if I had to, but the strategy I used would no longer be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    It was by no means the only way of doing the encounter, but a lot of people, myself included, made extensive use of the portals to keep aggro of you. In my experience it was the easiest method.

I'm sure I'd work out a different strategy if I had to, but the strategy I used would no longer be viable.
    Well, if we get 60 seconds debuff, it means we won't have to worry about aggro. Makes it even easier.

gate on greenfire event was for dodging the chaos bolt, its on a 1min cooldown, so it still has its use.

Absolutely necessary change for arena, though it will be a hard hit for certain pve encounters.

Fighting any team with a warlock shortens kill windows dramatically and makes it incredibly difficult to stick to a single target, especially in wide-open arenas in which the warlock is partnered with another wizard. The team could simply camp out around the portal and when shit hits the fan, click it to instantly make 60 yards on the enemy team. The only counter to it was a death knight preemptively casting Death Grip as the target was taking the portal. Trying to kill the portal is pointless since it has no cooldown and the warlock could just resummon it for nothing (even while it is still up), and target swaps were just as pointless since the enemy team could just click the portal immediately after their teammates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    A cooldown increase with 0% means that the cd remains 15 sec.
    A cooldown increase with 100% means that the cd is 30 sec.
    A cooldown increase with 200% means that the cd is 45 sec.
    A cooldown increase with 300% means that the cd is 60 sec.
    A cooldown increase with 400% means that the cd is 75 sec.
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2013-06-21 at 01:00 PM.

1 minute debuff in Arenas, 15 seconds everywhere else. GO!

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    A cooldown increase with 0% means that the cd remains 15 sec.
    A cooldown increase with 100% means that the cd is 30 sec.
    A cooldown increase with 200% means that the cd is 45 sec.
    A cooldown increase with 300% means that the cd is 60 sec.
    A cooldown increase with 400% means that the cd is 85 sec.

Shhhhhh, you'll hurt someone's brain.

They should make the CD for the gate owner(Warlock)the same as it is, and others 1min, seems fair and balanced.

just fucking change it to pve/pvp spells
    60sec cd on a gateway that has 3sec to build, 500k hp to kill it

for pvp i kinda get it, for pve a huge nerf @ bosses like hydralol where you had some bad luck and use it 2 times, animus etc

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You really have no idea? Really? I call BS.
    You have every idea why someone would use the portal, but just said that just to belittle the poster. /sigh
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

You very foolishly made the fight dramatically harder on yourself then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    Well, if we get 60 seconds debuff, it means we won't have to worry about aggro. Makes it even easier.
    Shit, you're right. My brain is clearly not functioning today, so I admit I was wrong. It will indeed make the tactic I used even easier, less jumping to keep the debuff up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, good luck with Heroic Lei Shen after this change goes through. The only silver lining is 5.4 brings the 10% nerf/new raids anyways but still...

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    You very foolishly made the fight dramatically harder on yourself then.
    I learned to do Kanrethad without the gateway - it was broken for the entire period of time I was making attempts. It would randomly despawn, clicking on it would do nothing, etc. It wasn't that bad without the gateway.

I don't do heroic raids or PVP, but I understand that stacking gateways was OP on particular fights...but 60 seconds is a pretty dramatic increase. I knew gateway would become one of those skills that's either underpowered and useless, or overpowered and required. They're probably never going to find the middle ground on it.

So this will make kanrethad harder?
    Awww, gotta bother to finish him(me) then before 5.4...
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-06-21 at 05:09 PM.