Thread: T17 idea

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

T17 idea

What are your opinions on this as a tier set?

Deleted
    Looks like the druid Tier... (hands instead of branches)

Wow that picture looks amazing. You've got some real talent imo. I think the helm could use some work though. I don't see how the arms look like branches though lol. Maybe some color would make enough of a different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrifying. Handtree.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say i'm a fan, it looks.. awful really.

10+ Year Old Account
    for me, ive always preffered it when warlock sets are based off of a specific demon... doesnt happen very often for some reason but does sometimes
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

It's pretty cool but yeah I thought it was a druid tier for a moment as well :P

Probably would be more obviously Warlocky once it's in colour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it looks really nice, as was said some head changes and maybe have the hands moving a bit would be awesome.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

If the hands were more like Void walker hands, or even the claws from Metamorphosis, this would be amazing. If they moved slowly and tried to grasp at things, I think I'd die from enjoyment.

If they were shadowy voidlike arms and hands, possibly, not a fan of the bone stuff, like the arms, nor do I like the mask; not my thing. Like the lower robe a lot. The artwork quality overall is great.

I like it. Sowing together two demon's faces to create a mask is so devilish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazukimon View Post
    Looks like the druid Tier... (hands instead of branches)
    Uh, so the hands remind you of branches that remind u of drood tier....Not the 2 demonic faces on one, or eyes in shoulders or goats head belt. Its the hands...you have a limited view of things.

To OP, that is really cool. Don't be surprised if blizz uses it. They used an almost exact design of T13 that someone had drawn waaaay before T13 was ever datamined.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Relevant

I like the set, but I'm not sure it fits in WoW. For a fan made set it's completely awesome though. I think much depends on the colouring used. If the hands/arms and face mask get too near human flesh colours I don't think it fits at all in the Warlock theme. It'd be more necromancer then. If they are more in like purple or green or something else unnatural, I could dig it, I think.

That is freaking brutal. I love it.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

At first glance, it definitely reads more druid than warlock. The bottom middle part of the skirt also doesn't help because it looks like a set of antlers.

It's not bad, it just doesn't say warlock to me. Or really WoW either, for that matter.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    for me, ive always preffered it when warlock sets are based off of a specific demon... doesnt happen very often for some reason but does sometimes
    ^This

I would like more demonic sets rather than generic evil/dark. Generic evil/dark is nice every once and awhile, but we've gone through a string of them for awhile now. That said, I loved the sha, t14, set. The helm in particular made me squee.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

idea could be to have one side of the hands clutching prayer beads and other azeroth religious paraphernalia, and have the other side be twisted, mangled and black. it'd be a cool dark/light thing going on. you could also mirror this in the two demon faces that make the mask, like a comedy/tragedy expression thing. as-is it looks too much like an all out evil warlock set to really be representative of priests overall.

edit: oh god, thought this was priest forum. it looks cool for a warlock set! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It is an amazing looking set, but it is not a warlock set. Id give it to Death Knights over us. Number one, we are not necromancers, and that set Screams raising of the dead with the hands grasping towards the sky, as if risen. Now, if they were demon arms/voidwalker arms, and demon faces, Id say it would be a perfect set.

Even with MoPs Horrible PvE sets, they all easily screamed warlock, even the new one... the only one that is ambiguous is the first one, as it played both priest and lock (priest with their sha glyph, and us just being amazing). Most prior ones easily screamed warlock, with firelands being the most... horrible set ever created, even to the coming one. But, for a warlock set, what you need design it around the three specs: Affliction, Demons, And Fel Flames, and then you base it around what ever is relevant that tier, which is why the next set completely sucks, which i will get too in a sec. But, this, it screams Raising of the dead, rather than afflicting disease(if you were going for it) and causing death. T5 for example, actually played well with death and affliction, as you were harbingers of the shadowed death and then placed the skulls of the slain on your shoulder spikes. t-3/t-7 was purely affliction based with puffs of disease clouds puffing out of the shoulders, and the vibrant colors of your curses, and playing in on the naxx scheme. T-8 another Affliction set the shadows of the plague and disease riddled it, even though the feathers made no sense. t-11 another affliction set with twilight schemed through it. I would call t10 afflction as we dealing with the dead and the lichking, but i honestly hated the set.

Now the next set, has yes the horns, and even though I actually like the horns, the face guard teeth are utter shit, as we have not seen any demon with teeth like such and just straight up looks goofy as crap. But then the rest of the set, it looks like crap as well, as if its the fair well parting gift of the mogu and pandarians, rather than orgrimmar, or even garrosh for that matter. Its simply based off the first four crappy bosses that dont even have mogu in them, yet we are based off that... but demonized. It was an utter shit attempt at blending both arts, and it failed horribly.

What a warlock set is, is its simply based off something of that tier, and warlockedized. Now, with your little thing of "rise of the legion" at the bottom of it, it would easily scream Demons right off the bat. I highly doubt the First tier in your fan expansion is anything other than demons, so why have it raising the dead? its common sense factor here, where it should straight up be demons. Like this coming set, your set doesnt blend the simple nature of what the tier is about. Yours, being demons, this being Yshaarj and Garrosh. Dont get me wrong your design is such a better design, but it still does not fit in with "its" tier.

And finally, I really would give it to dks, as i said before, it feels very necromancery, rather than a warlock. And between warlocks and death knights, dks would get the spec over locks any day... as it would give them a use for int plate.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    And finally, I really would give it to dks, as i said before, it feels very necromancery, rather than a warlock. And between warlocks and death knights, dks would get the spec over locks any day... as it would give them a use for int plate.
    Thanks for the thorough feedback man, and I was actually going for a necromancy set so that's a good thing. I suppose I should've given context. It's for the fan expansion idea in my signature, where warlocks get a 4th spec necromancy. I guess I just didn't want to throw that in there and get feedback on the 4th spec idea rather than just the art. (Because it seems so far 4 spec necromancy is a toss up among forum posters)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    I wonder what a Succubus set would look like...

As for the proposed set idea, I don't really like it, the hands just look weird, and the Warlocks hands looks as if she's about to use her fists as a weapon rather than magic...