old instance lockouts and your account

i was doing ZA (panther boss) khara (1st boss) and ony's lair on my monk everythign was fine then i did them with a friend on my hunter all went fine then....on my shammy that i hand touched this week instance wise when i tryed to go into khara i get thit wiht " you have entered to many instances recently"

when was such garbage and when was such garbage created having the instance locks per hour decided on account bassis is stupid also can some1 give me a link to this change id love to know which retarded dev to vent at tyvm

It happened in pre-bc. When instance servers were not as strong, and gold farmers use to farm SM for silk and shit to get gold to sell. It's literally been around for like 8 years now, surprised you've never seen it.

It happened a long long time ago, in my opinion it should've been removed a long time ago as well.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Instance_limitations

Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    It happened in pre-bc. When instance servers were not as strong, and gold farmers use to farm SM for silk and shit to get gold to sell. It's literally been around for like 8 years now, surprised you've never seen it.
    that was a different message i think it it was "additional instances cannot be lanuched"

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 03:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    It happened a long long time ago, in my opinion it should've been removed a long time ago as well.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Instance_limitations
    on a toon i havent played yet this week?
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-06-21 at 02:37 AM.

Well yes that is another error message you can receive, that has nothing to do with this limitation, What I spoke about is part of the reason the one you're talking about was implemented.

The Additional instances cannot be launched is just when the servers collapse.

The instance limit is by account, otherwise hackers/botters could just bypass it with multiple characters.

It's been account wide for as long as I can remember

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    The instance limit is by account, otherwise hackers/botters could just bypass it with multiple characters.
    so i cant farm 2 raids and a old heroic on 3 toons 1 after another coz they dont want hackers/bots to bypass it?

but what strikes me as odd is that after doing those 3 on 2 toons and nothing going wrong it affects the 3rd toon. im pritty sure the instance limit is 5 per hour, so why wasnt my hunter lock from ony's lair?

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 03:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    ive been doing khara>tk>ony's lair on 5 toons bck to back for mounts and pets on 5 toons since the pets were added and ive not been hit wiht this till now

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    that was a different message i think it it was "additional instances cannot be lanuched"

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 03:26 AM ----------

on a topon i havent played yet this week?
    I have no clue about your tampon, but the lockout is account wide across all characters.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I have no clue about your tampon, but the lockout is account wide across all characters.
    yes thats a typo that i didnt notice redeiting it

Yeah the instance cap is account wide. It's outdated but it does "help" with the gold farming bots.. Of course actual monitoring would help more but Blizzard runs on a tight budget so hey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I experience this at least once a day. Get the addon SavedInstances, takes care of all the guesswork. They need to be rid of it though, so I can get back to my mount, pet, and xmog farming.

Wasn't it implemented in TBC to stop people from making bots to run to a preprogrammed location and loot a random spawn chest? But then later I think they removed the chest... I forget. Long as I've been playing anyway.

Every now and then I get it and it's annoying, it doesn't have a huge impact on the game but personally I think they could easily double it from 5 instances per hour to 10 and it would almost never affect normal players, but continue to limit botting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wasn't it implemented in TBC to stop people from making bots to run to a preprogrammed location and loot a random spawn chest? But then later I think they removed the chest... I forget. Long as I've been playing anyway.
    They implemented it way back during vanilla. Hackers were running Dire Maul repeatedly and causing massive instance lag with the sheer number of times they were resetting the instance to start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It was before then. Farmers used to enter DM North and use teleport (or other) hacks to quickly get to the last boss. This allowed them to get a full chest of blue gear in very little time (and also why all the tribute drops vendor for so little now, besides the fact they were reduced to level 40ish in Cata). There was also random chest farming in Mara and other instances too.

The instance limit made a tremendous positive impact on the instance server stability and it was a godsend at the time of its release.

Ah okay, that makes sense.

I wonder how they got to the endboss of DM so quickly... I guess there were teleport hacks that still worked back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You can only enter 5 instances per hour, so what that means is you need to take about 15min each one.. It's account wide, so doesn't matter at all what character. It should of been removed a long time ago indeed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Its never been account wide. Its always been based on the character. What he's experiencing is something odd and he should report it on the bug report forums and make sure he clarifies that it was a different toon that received the error.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    You can only enter 5 instances per hour, so what that means is you need to take about 15min each one.. It's account wide, so doesn't matter at all what character. It should of been removed a long time ago indeed
    And its not instances its 5 new set of instances per hour (aka resets).