Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    One, Because Putress was kinda a horde guy and the alliance didnt care afterwards, they lost one of their best leaders and they were pissed.
    Varian still had diplomatic contact with Thrall after Wrathgate. Thrall even tells Varian he's going to UC to bring Putress to justice. After which, Varian says, "They have lost the Undercity? Then the time to strike is now. We will deal with Putress ourselves and retake the Ruins of Lordaeron for the Alliance!" Opportunistic backstabber.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They still had a truce.

Alliance knew about the Horde fighting the traitors in UC. "Horde. By the looks of the struggle, they are here in force - somewhere."

Varian's racist views were driven by his experiences outside of UC: "I have seen the Horde's world. I have been inside their cities. Inside their minds... I know what evil lies in the hearts of orcs."

- - - Updated - - -

"I have seen the Horde's world. I have been inside their cities. Inside their minds... I know what evil lies in the hearts of orcs."
    And
    "I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing. What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief."

Sure sounds like his beef was with what the Forsaken were doing...
    Aside from watching the orcs destroy his home city, kill his father, and then kill his mentor as a child, He was enslaved and used as a gladiator by the orcs at one point.

Oh, and before wrath when the horde and allaince got together for peace talks, guess who Thrall brought with him as an adviser? The Orc who fucking owned Varian and forced him to fight.
    Even after seeing him there Varian still wanted to finish the talks, but Garrosh was there too, and his retardedness after a twilight hammer attack on the city ruined what had been accomplished. Also, Garona, the orc who had pretended to be on the side of humans during the first war, and had assassinated Varians father and cut out his heart was part of the attack, which brought up a lot of bad feelings in Varian.

What he said was because of that, and also because of what he had seen while in the UC.
    From Wowpedia:
    "When entering Undercity, Varian becomes disgusted by the condition of the once great city, which he had known since childhood. Tracking Putress to the Apothecarium, Varian and Jaina defeated him. But to Varian's horror, they also discovered dozens of mutilated and defiled human corpses, on which the Apothecary Society experimented on to create the New Plague. Realizing that, although the Alliance and Horde agreed to a small truce over the years, the Forsaken had been secretly creating a means to kill them all."

- - - Updated - - -

Varian still had diplomatic contact with Thrall after Wrathgate. Thrall even tells Varian he's going to UC to bring Putress to justice. After which, Varian says, "They have lost the Undercity? Then the time to strike is now. We will deal with Putress ourselves and retake the Ruins of Lordaeron for the Alliance!" Opportunistic backstabber.
    Thrall didn't tell Varian, Jaina did:

"After receiving word of Bolvar's death, Varian was overwhelmed with anger and sorrow, having considered Bolvar a brother for ruling his kingdom and raising his son during his absence. He sent Jaina Proudmoore to Orgrimmar to discover the reason for the Horde's betrayal. He deemed this as an act of war and demanded retribution for his friend's death. Jaina returned and informed Varian that Varimathras and the Royal Apothecary Society had betrayed them all and the Horde no longer controlled Undercity.
    Varian and Jaina gathered the Alliance army and attacked Undercity, hoping to reclaim it as Lordaeron for the Alliance and bring Putress to justice."

10+ Year Old Account
    Two, Still, shows how the horde are backstabbing scumbags, Unlike Varian, who had every right to hate the horde. Seeing his soldiers and general die because of them and seeing the mess in UC plus being internally pissed about how they locked him up and made him a gladiator forcefully. (wich also reminds me of Thrall's early years, but he got proper revenge on Blackmoore and all thoose concentration camps allright)
    Thrall killed Blackmoore the one who enslaved him and that was it. He didn't hold it against all humans. Varian has a vendetta against ALL orcs, even the ones who had nothing to do with his enslavement.

Deleted
    Did you expect him to be like "Hey, lets help my horde friendies! I love them! I love how they imprisoned me and used me as a gladiator, and then nuked my army plus my buddy with plague bombs!"

Plus, to be honest, The horde would have done the same.

Thrall killed Blackmoore the one who enslaved him and that was it. He didn't hold it against all humans. Varian has a vendetta against ALL orcs, even the ones who had nothing to do with his enslavement.
    Thrall had both good and bad Humans in his life. Varian has had nothing but bad orcs trying to kill him and destroy his kingdom and allies since he was little. Also every time he tries for peace, the orcs fuck it up.

My point is, Varian has legitimate reasons to hate the Orcs, Thrall doesnt have one to hate humans. Thrall has a reason to hate certain humans.
    Last edited by Sandrox; 2013-07-15 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Aside from watching the orcs destroy his home city, kill his father, and then kill his mentor as a child, He was enslaved and used as a gladiator by the orcs at one point.

Oh, and before wrath when the horde and allaince got together for peace talks, guess who Thrall brought with him as an adviser? The Orc who fucking owned Varian and forced him to fight.
    Even after seeing him there Varian still wanted to finish the talks, but Garrosh was there too, and his retardedness after a twilight hammer attack on the city ruined what had been accomplished. Also, Garona, the orc who had pretended to be on the side of humans during the first war, and had assassinated Varians father and cut out his heart was part of the attack, which brought up a lot of bad feelings in Varian.

What he said was because of that, and also because of what he had seen while in the UC.
    From Wowpedia:
    "When entering Undercity, Varian becomes disgusted by the condition of the once great city, which he had known since childhood. Tracking Putress to the Apothecarium, Varian and Jaina defeated him. But to Varian's horror, they also discovered dozens of mutilated and defiled human corpses, on which the Apothecary Society experimented on to create the New Plague. Realizing that, although the Alliance and Horde agreed to a small truce over the years, the Forsaken had been secretly creating a means to kill them all."
    Yes, THE FORSAKEN made the new Plague, THE FORSAKEN were experimenting on humans. Varian knows Putress betrayed the Horde and the Horde is going to UC to punish Putress. Why is Varian rambling on about the orcs, then?

Thrall didn't tell Varian, Jaina did:

"After receiving word of Bolvar's death, Varian was overwhelmed with anger and sorrow, having considered Bolvar a brother for ruling his kingdom and raising his son during his absence. He sent Jaina Proudmoore to Orgrimmar to discover the reason for the Horde's betrayal. He deemed this as an act of war and demanded retribution for his friend's death. Jaina returned and informed Varian that Varimathras and the Royal Apothecary Society had betrayed them all and the Horde no longer controlled Undercity.
    Varian and Jaina gathered the Alliance army and attacked Undercity, hoping to reclaim it as Lordaeron for the Alliance and bring Putress to justice."
    Thrall gave Jaina the message to tell Varian. Jaina was just the courier.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you expect him to be like "Hey, lets help my horde friendies! I love them! I love how they imprisoned me and used me as a gladiator, and then nuked my army plus my buddy with plague bombs!"

Plus, to be honest, The horde would have done the same.
    Alliance are supposed to be better than the Horde.

Yes, THE FORSAKEN made the new Plague, THE FORSAKEN were experimenting on humans. Varian knows Putress betrayed the Horde. Why is he rambling on about the orcs, then?
    Orcs not only knew about the plague, they let them create it, and even helped them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Orcs not only knew about the plague, they let them create it, and even helped them.
    Varian wouldn't know that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Plus the forsaken are kinda part of the horde too.

Varian wouldn't know that.
    That is true, I would assume he just thinks Orcs are in charge of the Horde, therefor they should know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus the forsaken are kinda part of the horde too.
    Varian found all those desecrated corpses with Putress. And Putress betrayed the Horde too. But Varian immediately jumps to Orcs.

Deleted

Alliance are supposed to be better than the Horde.
    Oh yeah, you nuke us with plague bombs and then destroy our city with magical super-nuke. the alliance is ALLREADY better than the horde, even if they kill little kittens.

As others have said, Thrall was friends with at least one good human. Varian never met a good orc. He apparently like Garona... but then she cut out his fathers heart...

Varian has watched the horde attempt genocide several times, taken in victims of horde genocide (Dranei), watched them burn down his kingdom, been a slave to them, etc...

He has had many experiences with them, and almost all have been overwhelmingly negative.

Thrall had a bad childhood caused by humans and thats about it compared to what Varian has dealt with because of orcs. Bringing up the internment camps is dumb because if you don't remember, the orcs had just tried to exterminate the entire human species and no one was sure what to do with them at that point.

Deleted
    Varian found all those desecrated corpses with Putress. And Putress betrayed the Horde too.
    Why does Varian care? The Horde allowed that to happen, therefore they are the ones responsible.
    Basically the horde helped Putress make the plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does Varian care? The Horde allowed that to happen, therefore they are the ones responsible.
    Basically the horde helped Putress make the plague.
    Yes, Varian should be so sure the Horde had such a good handle on Putress that he took over one of their capitals and bombed Horde troops.

Yes, Varian should be so sure the Horde had such a good handle on Putress that he took over one of their capitals and bombed Horde troops.
    Keeping control of your minions, especially those in the weapons development department, should be a priority for an government... Not doing so is a sign of complete incompetency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping control of your minions, especially those in the weapons development department, should be a priority for an government... Not doing so is a sign of complete incompetency.
    So the Horde should be destroyed because of incompetence in preventing members who go rogue? *cough* Arthas *cough* Kel'Thuzad *cough* Nozdormu *cough* Deathwing *cough*

Deleted
    And incompetency in leadership should be an Alliance trademark. So you stole even this.
    We even sent Westfall people to resettle a PLAGUELAND filled with UNDEAD enemies all around them. How we shipped them there when Southshore was bombed to crap could have been a logistical wonder built by a genius, but the decision was made by a 6 year old.

- - - Updated - - -

So the Horde should be destroyed because of incompetence in preventing members who go rogue? *cough* Arthas *cough* Kel'Thuzad *cough* Nozdormu *cough* Deathwing *cough*
    Noone said they should be destroyed, he just said that the horde was being dumb for not watching over Putress, i mean, he was a guy who had control over weapons of mass destruction and he was buddies with a Dreadlord. How stinky is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Noone said they should be destroyed, he just said that the horde was being dumb for not watching over Putress, i mean, he was a guy who had control over weapons of mass destruction and he was buddies with a Dreadlord. How stinky is that?
    I probably mistook his post as supporting Varian's position of wanting to wipe out the orcs over what a rogue Forsaken did (Varian's PoV).

Deleted
    I probably mistook his post as supporting Varian's position.
    He probably mistook your post for supporting mass murder and destruction.