Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is no right or wrong answer to this question thus a waste to ask
    its all preference

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    There's times where rockfall decide to chase you and eventually corner you, forcing you go out of tortos melee range and you cant dps.
    That or it breaks shield and you're forced to move anyhow.
    That's why you look at timing and know which are gonna fall in the next second and which are gonna wait a second or more so you can move in another position.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    If a range decides he'll stand behind you, you'll get hit by it. But yes it doesn't actually target you.
    Which means the burden of positioning still lies on ranged, not melee.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

If you want the general feel on things, playing melee is usually much easier because you don't have to participate in mechanics and many outright don't even target melee (there are fights where the reverse is true, of course). However, simply because you're ignoring a mechanic doesn't mean that everyone else can too (you need at least X ranged out of melee range for melee not to be targeted), so its basically a shift of responsibility onto other players.

Of course, theres ultimately only a certain amount of players that actually need to be hitting adds or standing outside melee range, so its not like theres much benefit to a ranged loaded raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    That's why you look at timing and know which are gonna fall in the next second and which are gonna wait a second or more so you can move in another position.

Which means the burden of positioning still lies on ranged, not melee.
    Maybe i was playing poorly, but the randomness of it while having a low shield and the aoe made it hard to be in tortos range AND not dropping shield, it felt near impossible when 5+ falls where literally chasing me :-/
    I honestly dont think i would have that issue playing my lock/mage/spriest.

I dont fully agree, they shouldnt position themselves behind you, but as melee you cant be static (pools) still gotta be in melee range and have far less area overall to stand in, specially towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    If you want the general feel on things, playing melee is usually much easier because you don't have to participate in mechanics and many outright don't even target melee (there are fights where the reverse is true, of course). However, simply because you're ignoring a mechanic doesn't mean that everyone else can too (you need at least X ranged out of melee range for melee not to be targeted), so its basically a shift of responsibility onto other players.

Of course, theres ultimately only a certain amount of players that actually need to be hitting adds or standing outside melee range, so its not like theres much benefit to a ranged loaded raid.
    bolded the part that's particularly wrong.