Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.4 - Fury - Storm Bolt vs Bloodbath

Just a quick thread for Fury Warriors regarding the latest PTR patch notes... Something caught my eye:

- Storm Bolt now also has an off-hand attack for Fury Warriors.

Think this would be the better choice for Fury warriors over bloodbath?

Maybe for TG, i still think BB will be Better for SMF.

Hmm, I would think with SMF Off-hand, Storm Bolt would be better for SMF then TG. I can currently crit 350k with just one Storm Bolt hit inside a CS without any buffs or trinket procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound02 View Post
    Hmm, I would think with SMF Off-hand, Storm Bolt would be better for SMF then TG. I can currently crit 350k with just one Storm Bolt hit inside a CS without any buffs or trinket procs.
    But you do so at the expense of a RB. Stormbolt has an opportunity cost, where bloodbath does not.

Am I the only one that wants AVATAR to be viable pve? I miss Death Wish

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound02 View Post
    No, the OH damage mod doesn't offset the raw weapon damage advantage TG has. If it did, then RB, WW, and BS would be more powerful for SMF too.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    But you do so at the expense of a RB. Stormbolt has an opportunity cost, where bloodbath does not.
    Exactly.

You also lose BB during Execute phase. 30% increased Execute damage without consuming a GCD is awesome and I can't see it being surpassed by SB.

Plus BB is easier to use. Using stormbolt would require another key to press. And I'm at the limit already.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    No I certainly would rather have a normal damage cooldown as well

I'd be so in if it had a 20-second CD. I can't see it being worth holding off on your 2nd CS for 10 seconds just for this spell - even as TG.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Avatar is the coolest of the three. Too bad it's lame.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 08:15 PM ----------

They need to fix warriors!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    No I certainly would rather have a normal damage cooldown as well
    To be fair our mastery rather functions as death wish, since it now increases all damage done while enraged, and has close to 100% uptime on many fights.

I'd like avatar as it is now, but on a different CD style. A toggle on/off demonic fury esque system, so time outside of CS isn't wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    To be fair our mastery rather functions as death wish, since it now increases all damage done while enraged, and has close to 100% uptime on many fights.

I'd like avatar as it is now, but on a different CD style. A toggle on/off demonic fury esque system, so time outside of CS isn't wasted.
    Don't know if I feel that this comparison is that suitable considering that a shitton of classes have flat damage increase passives or masteries and to me the fury mastery is just the same. Anyways yes a toggle sounds good although I'd settle as well for just a flat small duration buff or something so it is at least comparable.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-06-21 at 10:20 PM.

I'm digging the offhand-Stormbolt alot, but as was pointed out it's doubtful the buff is enough to compensate for no Bloodbath during Execute phase.

Kind of wish Stormbolt was off the GCD like Bloodbath, that way it would weave nicely into the rotation also during Execute phase. Atm it's just very clunky to fit SB into the fury rotation. The 30s cooldown of SB vs 20s cooldown of fury CS doesn't help either, Bloodbath on the other hand lines up nicely with the CS cd.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2013-06-21 at 10:30 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    I like Avatar, but if i'd have to choose between Stormbolt and Bloodbath i'd choose Stormbolt, because the damage of bloodbath is sustained, not instant. It makes every tick of the bleeds affected by the players resilience ( i'm talking PvP )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waikit View Post
    I like Avatar, but if i'd have to choose between Stormbolt and Bloodbath i'd choose Stormbolt, because the damage of bloodbath is sustained, not instant. It makes every tick of the bleeds affected by the players resilience ( i'm talking PvP )
    Facepalm. It ends up being the exact same thing. 10 ticks each being reduced by 65% is the same as 1 tick reduced by 65%.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Facepalm. It ends up being the exact same thing. 10 ticks each being reduced by 65% is the same as 1 tick reduced by 65%.
    For PvP Burst damage is preferred to Sustained damage. Still the damage from Stormbolt in PvP is probably not as impressive as just getting Bloodbath as it's only 125% weapon damage against players; only reason I'd take it would be for another stun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    For PvP Burst damage is preferred to Sustained damage. Still the damage from Stormbolt in PvP is probably not as impressive as just getting Bloodbath as it's only 125% weapon damage against players; only reason I'd take it would be for another stun.
    I don't find that relevant to what I said. OP seems to be under the impression that BB, due to its ticking nature, loses more to resilience than SB, which isn't true.

Why an attack is in the same talent row as 2 damage buffs, we will never know...