Poll: From where will Enchanted Fey Dragon come...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yes, and I didn't say they shared the same model or skeleton-- I said that the mount ended up being an indication of the primary mount in Mist's launch, stylistically. I'm saying that it's not impossible that the stylistic design choices of the Heart of the Aspects was influenced by Blizzard's knowledge of what the next expansion was going to be, and therefore it's not impossible that the Faerie Dragon is stylistically indicative of the next expansion.
    Actually, upon very close inspection, the two models APPEAR to share at least a base foundation... they both have the same swim animations.

But the sky serpents have completely different animations for every other action.

"Serpentine dragon" isn't exactly a "tell all hint" that the next expansion was going to be "asian themed" like a fey drake would be. There's no "precedent" that's been established here.

I mean gee, the Armored Bloodwing mount was just released, and it's a giant bat, so obviously the next expansion is going to be scourge related, right?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-06-22 at 09:18 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Actually, upon very close inspection, the two models APPEAR to share at least a base foundation... they both have the same swim animations.

But the sky serpents have completely different animations for every other action.

"Serpentine dragon" isn't exactly a "tell all hint" that the next expansion was going to be "asian themed" like a fey drake would be. There's no "precedent" that's been established here.

I mean gee, the Armored Bloodwing mount was just released, and it's a giant bat, so obviously the next expansion is going to be scourge related, right?
    It's not a "tell all" hint, no, but it's also not necessarily meaningless-- the Armored Bloodwing, a classic Horde mount (TROLLS!), came out directly after the Darkspear Revolution and before the Siege of Orgrimmar.

Store mounts tend to relate to either a current theme of the expansion or to an upcoming theme-- the Celestial Steed was modeled after Invincible from ICC and styled like Algalon from Ulduar, and was released in Wrath. The Winged Guardian was modeled after the stylistic design of Uldum. The Heart of the Aspects was designed to be a mount version of the Dragon Soul, but was also the first-ever instance of an eastern dragon in game. The Swift Windsteed is a classic creature from eastern mythology, the Kirin.

The Fey Dragon does not in any way relate to the current expansion or any of its raid tiers, stylistically. If it is a store mount, I think there is a precedent that it has to do with some upcoming content in some way.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recruit a friend v.4 (remember each expansion had its unique raf mounts) or Annual pass v.2

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a "tell all" hint, no, but it's also not necessarily meaningless-- the Armored Bloodwing, a classic Horde mount (TROLLS!), came out directly after the Darkspear Revolution and before the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    We knew about Siege of Orgrimmar far before we learned about the bat.

Store mounts tend to relate to either a current theme of the expansion or to an upcoming theme-- the Celestial Steed was modeled after Invincible from ICC and styled like Algalon from Ulduar, and was released in Wrath.
    It was released after both of those raids had come out.

The Winged Guardian was modeled after the stylistic design of Uldum.
    And was released shortly before Firelands came out... and had absolutely nothing to do with it aesthetically.

The Heart of the Aspects was designed to be a mount version of the Dragon Soul, but was also the first-ever instance of an eastern dragon in game.
    Eastern Dragons don't have wings. "Serpentine dragon" isn't a uniquely "eastern" thing either. Amphiptere, and (mythological) wyverns and wyrms are all fairly serpentine creatures. Besides, it was released along with a pet version of itself. Are pets "predicting the future" too? Like the Pandaren monk released back in... WotLK?

The Swift Windsteed is a classic creature from eastern mythology, the Kirin.
    Which didn't have that much to do with any future MoP patch.

The Fey Dragon does not in any way relate to the current expansion or any of its raid tiers, stylistically. If it is a store mount, I think there is a precedent that it has to do with some upcoming content in some way.
    You're basically stating that the pet store can "predict the future" while simultaneously "reflecting the current expansion." If anything, the pet store reflects the current expansion... we have no instances of it "predicting the future."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

We knew about Siege of Orgrimmar far before we learned about the bat.

It was released after both of those raids had come out.

And was released shortly before Firelands came out... and had absolutely nothing to do with it aesthetically.

Eastern Dragons don't have wings. "Serpentine dragon" isn't a uniquely "eastern" thing either. Amphiptere, and (mythological) wyverns and wyrms are all fairly serpentine creatures. Besides, it was released along with a pet version of itself. Are pets "predicting the future" too? Like the Pandaren monk released back in... WotLK?

Which didn't have that much to do with any future MoP patch.

You're basically stating that the pet store can "predict the future" while simultaneously "reflecting the current expansion." If anything, the pet store reflects the current expansion... we have no instances of it "predicting the future."
    You completely missed the point. He said that store mounts are either designed with a theme of current content in mind (everything but HotA) or is a hint at coming content (HotA) and the Fey Dragon has NOTHING to do with either.

Deleted
    Highly unlikely to be a TCG mount, looking at the upcoming TCG expansion set. Its think it will either be a Store mount or a new annual pass promotion, but i'd bet on the store.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say its something to do relating to annual pass renewal.

Maybe it's not linked to the expansion but could be an achievement earned during pre next expansion patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, shut up and take my money, Blizzard. Store mounts ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    You completely missed the point. He said that store mounts are either designed with a theme of current content in mind (everything but HotA) or is a hint at coming content (HotA) and the Fey Dragon has NOTHING to do with either.
    I was going to reply, but thank you, this is exactly my point.

Since store mounts typically reflect either current content or upcoming content, and the Fey Dragon does not in any way reflect current content, it may be an indicator of upcoming content if it is in fact a store mount.

Keywords "may" and "if."
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-06-22 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since store mounts typically reflect either current content or upcoming content, and the Fey Dragon does not in any way reflect current content, it may be an indicator of upcoming content if it is in fact a store mount.
    Yeah, but my question is... since when has the store predicted future content? I'd call the Heart of the Aspects an Ad Hoc guess at best.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-06-23 at 09:13 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing its gonna be some sort of new Annual Pass reward that is being announced at this blizzcon

Annual pass 2.0 mount

They need to lure people back into the game

Store mount or a back up mount for one of those passes that say plz, plz subscribe to our game for a year cause we are a bit delayed on the next xpac and you guys may have to do SoO till sept 2014! so heres a carrot and heres a pass to the beta which we promise we wont fuck it up like we did for the mop beta

The best way to make a mount's cool factor vanish is the blizz store.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh one way or an other i just wanna that mount

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Fake out. I don't think it'll even be in game. Just like the green coloured firehawk.
    Except this is a unique model and that was an unused coloration on a model that WAS used in game...

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    This won't be a TCG mount. All TCG mounts (discluding the riding turtle) are all recolors of existing mounts and not new models. I'm also aware that the next set of the WoW TCG will not have this as a loot card. Most likely a mount for the store.

Magic Rooster says hi

It (most likely) won't be annual pass 2.0 since Tyrael's Charger was announced at BlizzCon and was first datamined in the next PTR patch a few weeks later.

The heart of the aspects had nothing to do with MoP in the slightest.
    He said it gave us a glimpse at a part of the frame we'd see become so common throughout MoP (cloud serpents), we never saw snake-like dragon mounts before, Heart of the aspect was blizzard previewing the framework of the cloudserpent model. Ibbi was just saying the Fey Dragon would be a similar candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was talk of it being involved with the cloak quest, which would be neat. When you get the final part of the cloak upgrade, it would summon the drake as one of it's procs. Kinda like how the staff from firelands turned you into Tarecgosa.