Thread: Imp spawning

Imp spawning

Okay so question. I've been trying to switch to demonology because everyone keeps saying its better, etc. Especially with rolling 100% Crit dooms on multiple targets (I.E Council).

From what my passive effect says on the Wild Imps. Says that Shadow Bolt, Soul Fire, And Touch of Chaos summon a wild imp that will cast 10 firebolts and then despawn.

Even when you have the imp swarm glyph, it summons 5 instantly which I understand that you save for Dark Soul. When it isn't on CD you can summon the regular imp.

Now I hear everyone saying that the 100% Crit Dooms can spawn an imp everytime that it crits. How is this possible? Doesn't say it anywhere I can find. Just trying to understand this mechanic, because you apparently can direct them by whatever you touch of chaos?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistmonk View Post
    Okay so question. I've been trying to switch to demonology because everyone keeps saying its better, etc. Especially with rolling 100% Crit dooms on multiple targets (I.E Council).

From what my passive effect says on the Wild Imps. Says that Shadow Bolt, Soul Fire, And Touch of Chaos summon a wild imp that will cast 10 firebolts and then despawn.

Even when you have the imp swarm glyph, it summons 5 instantly which I understand that you save for Dark Soul. When it isn't on CD you can summon the regular imp.

Now I hear everyone saying that the 100% Crit Dooms can spawn an imp everytime that it crits. How is this possible? Doesn't say it anywhere I can find. Just trying to understand this mechanic, because you apparently can direct them by whatever you touch of chaos?

Thanks!
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=603/doom
    says it right there

Course, the one spell I didn't look at.

Another question. Are you supposed to refresh corruption with only ToC? That gets kinda difficult on 3-4 targets, switching to meta and trying to spam it 3-4 times on each target so it can get up to a timer that will actually last a little while. Or can you refresh it outside of meta manually?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    Superior Wowdb.com link means we get a tooltip for easy reading, like this: Doom

Just a tip.

If you're in melee range, you can use Void Ray to refresh all of the Corruptions at once. Otherwise, it's optimal to refresh with ToC since you're doing damage and refreshing at the same time, and if it's a multi-target fight, you should have more than enough fury to stay in Meta for extended periods. But IMO there's nothing stopping you from refreshing it manually if you were doing something else important and it fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Superior Wowdb.com link means we get a tooltip for easy reading, like this: Doom

Just a tip.
    Good tip. I'll use that in the future thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistmonk View Post
    Course, the one spell I didn't look at.

Another question. Are you supposed to refresh corruption with only ToC? That gets kinda difficult on 3-4 targets, switching to meta and trying to spam it 3-4 times on each target so it can get up to a timer that will actually last a little while. Or can you refresh it outside of meta manually?
    Go into Meta and see what your Fel Flame changes to.
    - It's a beam that u fire which refreshed Corruption on all targets it hits. No need to ToC all.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Just a tip.
    NO

wowhead is the only wow site there is. I CANNOT HEAR YOU LALALALA

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Then wot are you doin on MMO Champion?

OT: I am a new Warlock player and would like to know: Can you Glyph Imp swarm, summon 1 Wild imp from the first attack, and then use the Ability?
    Yep...sure can. Probably a good opener if you don't have a UVLS and 2xT15.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Yep...sure can. Probably a good opener if you don't have a UVLS and 2xT15.
    Even with 2xT15 I open like that ( precast Shdwblt for procs, corp. HandOfGuld then meta) because I run GoServ (Lots of fury) and your demoic fury generation is high enough to sit in meta the whole time. I usualy cast shwblt untill i get a proc (1-4bolts) then ULVS with Doom.

The buff stays even if you use DS, you don't have to care about this.