Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not really a big deal, on most realm the meta drake is only rare for 1-2 tiers and then people come back and steam roll it to death.
    Hi Sephurik

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyM View Post
    Glory mounts are already available to everyone, just a bit later. 13/13h and a big fan of this change.
    Why people are mad is beyond me knowing there glory mount is going to be the new bronze drake eventually. Looking special for the first months? Please just get the Garrosh mount and all will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    And that's what the Garrosh heroic mount will be for.
    Still, having a "non-prestigious" mount come from the meta achievement.... makes you wonder why it's an achievement then in the first place?

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyM View Post
    Glory mounts are already available to everyone, just a bit later. 13/13h and a big fan of this change.
    I think the thing is, doing some like Ulduar meta achievement is easy now, but getting that mount back in the day was a totally different story.... now they are just making it easy *while* the content is current.... at that point, why don't they just put a vendor that sells the mount for 50g?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Still, having a "non-prestigious" mount come from the meta achievement.... makes you wonder why it's an achievement then in the first place?

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 11:11 PM ----------

I think the thing is, doing some like Ulduar meta achievement is easy now, but getting that mount back in the day was a totally different story.... now they are just making it easy *while* the content is current.... at that point, why don't they just put a vendor that sells the mount for 50g?
    Why do you care if its easy or not? The heroic dungeon achivement meta is easy as well, it still takes awhile to do it and gives you something to do, this is the same, doesn't matter one bit if its easy or not.

Besides they are adding a Garrosh Heroic only mount that will compensate. 100% dropchance while current content, ~2% after. win/win in my book.

Still, having a "non-prestigious" mount come from the meta achievement.... makes you wonder why it's an achievement then in the first place?[COLOR="red"]I think the thing is, doing some like Ulduar meta achievement is easy now, but getting that mount back in the day was a totally different story.... now they are just making it easy *while* the content is current.... at that point, why don't they just put a vendor that sells the mount for 50g?
    Why do you need it to be hard? If you want a hard to get heroic only mount you'll get one from heroic final boss. And normal mode raiders who go out of their way to do all of the achievements (many of which do make the encounters harder) will get a reward to. Everyone is a winner. Except you right?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Do the raid on HC if you have fun doing it. Not because extra pixels give you the special snowflake status or validation you think you deserve.

In short, stop freakin bitching.
    Oh ya only 3 posts in and we already get the "special snowflake" morons showing up the party. I love it

IMO the glory mounts were more "when you are finished with heroic modes here ya go" since the heroic modes were much harder than the achievements. They were essentially replaced by the guild glory achievements that require all the heroic fights down now. So don't think of it as making he glory mount easier, think of it as they are now splitting it into 2 different ones, one for the heroic fights, and one for the achievements.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even play and this was the right move... everyone wants mounts and not everyone is able to do PvE, even though its stupid easy... like come on... who can't do a simple 5-6 button dps rotation and avoid less than 10 boss mechanics? Maybe if you click/keyboard turn, but anyone with working eyes and function hand/eye coordination can down any raid on heroic difficulty. Anyways... I even said back in wotlk that mounts should be easier to obtain even though I got both the ulduar mounts during patch 3.1. I'm glad that blizzard compensated and made a exclusive heroic mount only... I just have a feeling we'll be seeing it on the black AH.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Why do you need it to be hard? If you want a hard to get heroic only mount you'll get one from heroic final boss. And normal mode raiders who go out of their way to do all of the achievements (many of which do make the encounters harder) will get a reward to. Everyone is a winner. Except you right?
    Think about it this way, when you got your bronze drake, was it really that sweet of a mount? If everyone has the mount after a month.... how interesting is it then in the first place? I know people will say "well why do you care about what other people have?" I'm just saying, makes the mount a lot more interesting if they put some sort of challenge into it (and from the sounds of it, you can probably get it the first night on flex raid).

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    like come on... who can't do a simple 5-6 button dps rotation and avoid less than 10 boss mechanics? Maybe if you click/keyboard turn, but anyone with working eyes and function hand/eye coordination can down any raid on heroic difficulty.
    If it was that easy everyone would be able to clear heroics, this wouldnt have been done, no one reason for LFR to have even been created and so forth. but it has been and its okay. considering how end boss heroics arent as easy as i can do my rotation guiz and avoid these mechanics. (I think you mixed up LFR with heroic difficulty)

Deleted
    Considering that Glory mounts were implemented when there was one difficulty, why not? What this gives is an Ulduar option where you can make the fight as difficult or as easy as you want. Making a Glory mount require the final boss (on heroic) was a mistake anyway - as another poster says, that's what the heroic-only mount is. Ideally I'd like to pick up both, but their logic is sound. If your team is picking up heroic items in expectation of the next tier, you aren't going to want to switch to normal for someone elses e-peen, especially if you're getting close to the next patch. Personally since it's normal only I think it should have a short window of time to be achieved, but I'm sure that contradicts me somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Garrosh will be dropping a heroic only mount and they wont be having the traditional stacking % nerf, bads wont get the same mount as you.
    Anyone who doesn't do Heroic modes is a bad? Got to love that logic.

As a heroic raider I'm presonally indiferent to the change as I would eventually get it anyway. It is kinda sad tho because these mounts are still rare during their current tier. Briefly but still. Also I do mind that some of the glory achievments are nearly impossible to do on heroic. Thankfuly now we'll be able to do them on flex mode and not have to use alts or sacrifice heroic loot on mains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofifi View Post
    As a heroic raider I'm presonally indiferent to the change as I would eventually get it anyway. It is kinda sad tho because these mounts are still rare during their current tier. Briefly but still. Also I do mind that some of the glory achievments are nearly impossible to do on heroic. Thankfuly now we'll be able to do them on flex mode and not have to use alts or sacrifice heroic loot on mains.
    You can do the meta stuff every tier on alts and stuff ;-;

Exactly what i said. Now we can use flex on mains and not use alts like before.

With the exception of Dragon Soul only a relatively small population of both the general and raiding populace even reached a heroic boss while it was current.

As a 13/13, I don't really mind this. No one did the achievements in heroic mode, they did them outside. And they largely aren't hard, they just take the raid wanting to skip a week of gear (or more, with some of the metas that you have to do multiple weeks to earn) to do normals.

As long as they give a sweet mount for the Heroic kill (no silly drake recolors, or w/e), then it's fine. The Glory of Org mount will be the bronze drake, so, not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    This is stupid, why would you do something like this? This...this, takes away even more from heroic raids. Certaintly it can't impact heroic progress, since they can just do it the same week, on the new flex system, since it shares a seperate lockout...

Please reconsider this... Please!
    I think this is funny because 1, like your even a 13/13 Heroic raider that should be bitching about this. And 2, why do you even care? Heroic specific gear and especially achievements are seen by like 3% of the total player base. With my shitty server I probably wouldnt ever even see one.

It doesnt matter if 1,500 more people will have it. In a sea of 7 million people it wont seem like anymore people have it. I hope they did it for the fact that Garrosh Heroic is just a monster and like expected to not be beaten so easily. Because in terms of lore, bosses each expac keep getting stronger. Since Lich King was probably the strongest single non titan or old god based creature they had to make his encounter EPIC! And they did, iam pretty sure he is still second hardest after C'thun.

But then they had Deathwing and he literally a GOD. So they couldnt really make it one fight that was even harder then LK, so they did two really hard fights.

But since Garrosh is a power house who needs no help, he IS the ultimate defense, they should go balls out and make it even harder then Lich King. Or just as hard. Lore wish I wouldnt really want to see him stronger and game wise to, since 25m Heroic LK was near impossible already.

Deleted
    Ah idk I don't find the change that bad.
    To be honest I found doing some metas in T14 (specifically Will or Sha) to be just as challenging as their heroic modes. The main differece was that the heroic modes required gear whereas the metas only require coordination. I like that design.

So ya I don't think many guilds that didn't finish the tier on heroic anyway could have pulled off mind killer. Even the 25 zerg tactic was impossible (pre 5.2 nerf) without large amounts of heroic loot.

Will they remove the specific heroic mode achievements per boss too? I wouldn't want that. Seeing an achievement pop up when you first kill a new boss is nice.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-06-24 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Do the raid on HC if you have fun doing it. Not because extra pixels give you the special snowflake status or validation you think you deserve.
    This. I realize that everyone is not the same, but I raid heroic modes because I find them fun and I really struggle to understand why that wouldn't be the primary motivation for anyone who does. What's the point of any game other than having fun playing it? What rewards did Super Mario Brothers or other video games give you back in the 1980s other than the fun of playing?

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 09:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    As long as they give a sweet mount for the Heroic kill (no silly drake recolors, or w/e), then it's fine.
    It's going to be a riding wolf with a Garrosh head, obviously.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.