Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best PvP healers now and in 5.4?

Just curious what you guys think are the ranking order on the BG and Arena healers both at the moment and after 5.4.

This is an overall general overview. Doesn't necessarily mean most healing, it also factors in their utility and survivability.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I think disc priests and MW monks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I think disc priests and MW monks...
    Is this both in BG and arena now and post 5.4?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Deleted
    Disc priest

I've barely RBGd at all this season, so I can't comment for that. But right now, Arena healers feels a lot like this:

Disc >> RSham > Rdruid >> Monk = Paladin.

As healer diversity and representation is hugely influenced by the fotm dps & comps of that season, it's far too early to tell for 5.4.

As of the latest PTR build, I'm also thinking disc priests. The change to Divine Insight essentially allows you to go from a PW:S to a "Borrowed Time"-ed Penance into another PW:S every 8 seconds, less if you cast Smites in between. They are quite strong as it is, and no nerfs have been posted yet.

Arena Perspective:

Now:
    Disc > Rdruid > Rsham = MW > Hpal

With current 5.4 Changes:
    Disc >> Rdruid >>>>> MW = Rsham > Hpal

Seriously, Disc is getting 3 BIG buffs right now. No clue what they are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    As of the latest PTR build, I'm also thinking disc priests. The change to Divine Insight essentially allows you to go from a PW:S to a "Borrowed Time"-ed Penance into another PW:S every 8 seconds, less if you cast Smites in between. They are quite strong as it is, and no nerfs have been posted yet.
    Its also the fact that FDCL will be affected by PoM and penance now. Only time you'll ever see a priest hardcasting anything is during spirit shell. And the buff no one seems to notice is 70% dmg on reflective shield glyph. I run that right now at 45% and i've see people hit themselves for over 30k. Amazing against meleecleaves or hunter/melee's which will be the rage in 5.4 as they are now.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-06-21 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Arena Perspective:

Now:
    Disc > Rdruid > Rsham = MW > Hpal

With current 5.4 Changes:
    Disc >> Rdruid >>>>> MW = Rsham > Hpal

Seriously, Disc is getting 3 BIG buffs right now. No clue what they are thinking.

Its also the fact that FDCL will be affected by PoM and penance now. Only time you'll ever see a priest hardcasting anything is during spirit shell. And the buff no one seems to notice is 70% dmg on reflective shield glyph. I run that right now at 45% and i've see people hit themselves for over 30k. Amazing against meleecleaves or hunter/melee's which will be the rage in 5.4 as they are now.
    Is this mostly for arenas or does it include BGs as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Is this mostly for arenas or does it include BGs as well?
    My disc is immortal in bgs. 4+ people on me rotating cc's to kill me. I can't powerheal as much as say, a pally or monk, but fearbomb and psyfiend are so nice for bgs. What I said b4 was for arenas though.

Plus thing like lifegrip for tanks, lifeswap for tanks, and stuff like that give disc alot of utility for bgs too.

Deleted
    funny that nobody is including holy priests
    granted they are SOOO bad and its prolly, any >>>>>>>>> holy, but still they are healers :S

Quote Originally Posted by Xepias View Post
    funny that nobody is including holy priests
    granted they are SOOO bad and its prolly, any >>>>>>>>> holy, but still they are healers :S
    Holy is actually amazing. It's better in some Arena comps and is arguably one of the best healers in RBGs. I'd take a well played Holy Priest over a Disc Priest 90% of the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Holy is actually amazing. It's better in some Arena comps and is arguably one of the best healers in RBGs. I'd take a well played Holy Priest over a Disc Priest 90% of the time.
    For RBG's I'd agree, possibly for 5's - but what is it you find so impressive about them in 3's, for example? I find shields to be priceless.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    For RBG's I'd agree, possibly for 5's - but what is it you find so impressive about them in 3's, for example? I find shields to be priceless.
    For 2s, Chastise is just amazing (on top of the CC chain that Disc/Feral has). It adds a ranged instant which can be used on the Healers trinket into a dominate / fear / clone / bash. Or, a gap closer for the Priest to use to land a fear. Also can be used to stop an aura mastery.

In 3s, we've played FMP with both Disc and Holy, and they do better vs certain comps. We found Holy way better against rush-down teams (even though you'd imagine Spirit Shell instantly wins), because of how many instants and massive instant heals it has. Disc feels much stronger against caster teams where having shields while the Priest is in CC is gamebreaking.

Overall, it's up to the player, the team, and the comp you're against. But I wouldn't think of Holy as a joke healer like it used to be. It's probably comparable to Disc in most situations, and better than most other healers.

15+ Year Old Account
    For 2s, Chastise is just amazing (on top of the CC chain that Disc/Feral has). It adds a ranged instant which can be used on the Healers trinket into a dominate / fear / clone / bash. Or, a gap closer for the Priest to use to land a fear. Also can be used to stop an aura mastery.
    That's actually really compelling - I hadn't thought of Chastise for Arenas.

In 3s, we've played FMP with both Disc and Holy, and they do better vs certain comps. We found Holy way better against rush-down teams (even though you'd imagine Spirit Shell instantly wins), because of how many instants and massive instant heals it has. Disc feels much stronger against caster teams where having shields while the Priest is in CC is gamebreaking.

Overall, it's up to the player, the team, and the comp you're against. But I wouldn't think of Holy as a joke healer like it used to be. It's probably comparable to Disc in most situations, and better than most other healers.
    That makes sense I definitely didn't think of Holy as a joke healer, I'm very impressed with it for RBGs for example - but I had forgotten about Chastise for arenas: that's huge definitely!

(I never really heal on my priest, especcially as Holy - so these things slip my mind sometimes)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I thought about trying holy, but the lack of a silence immunity cd really hurts. Plus I feel like purge-heavy teams will have no issues with holy since they dont have millions of cover buffs like grace to deal with. I might have to give it a try one of these days though since it seems like its not bad anymore. Divine insight seems REALLY strong if you can get greater heals off to use it, but I'm guessing you would take power infusion?

Without silence immunity you won't be getting much greater heals off so divine insight is not a good choice for holy. Holy is more known for their instant heals in pvp...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arena: Disc > Resto Sham > MW/Druid > HPAL I would say, unless Paladin actually gets buffed somehow.
    RBG: Disc/Druid/MW most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    That's actually really compelling - I hadn't thought of Chastise for Arenas.

That makes sense I definitely didn't think of Holy as a joke healer, I'm very impressed with it for RBGs for example - but I had forgotten about Chastise for arenas: that's huge definitely!

(I never really heal on my priest, especially as Holy - so these things slip my mind sometimes)
    Holy priests are alright in arenas(from the 3 ive seen), just very vulnerable to certain classes/spec. It's like playing roulette basically.
    Well from what I've seen.

Atm I'd go with Disco>RSham>Druid=Monk>>>>>>>>>HPally

Disc priests hands down, they DO NOT DIE (im not talking about in a 1vs1 situation).

With the change to "from darkness comes light" prayer of mending and circle of healing now have a chance to proc it, so holy may move up the ladder if i had to guess:

Disc > Druid=Sham > Holy=Monk > Paly