Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Great, people don't think monks are Op, great for me:}.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    No other healer really comes close to priests right now. Monks aren't too far off from shaman and druids either way, so I think you're pretty safe.

I'm surprised that after so many months of MoP PvP people still consider RShammy as a good choice for healing in RBGs, with his close to zero defense abilities, and that people still underestimate MW Monks as potent healers. Also well played HPala can be better choice than average Disc, the gap between healing classes exists, but is not huge at all. My personal healers rating for RBGs would be more or less like this: Disc = MW = RDruid > RSham > HPally. This can be extended to 5s. But for 3s it depends much more on setup imo, and every class, if played well, can be usefull. Maybe with a little advantage of Disc priests at the moment.

MW > Rdruid > Holy Priest > Resto Shaman > Holy Pally > Disc Priest. Disc priests have horrible aoe healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I've barely RBGd at all this season, so I can't comment for that. But right now, Arena healers feels a lot like this:

Disc >> RSham > Rdruid >> Monk = Paladin.

As healer diversity and representation is hugely influenced by the fotm dps & comps of that season, it's far too early to tell for 5.4.
    I really dont think rshamms should be up that high. Personally i think disc and monk are the best( you see more disc because of thier comps) then rdruid, then rshamm, and pally is far in last.
    Rbgs its prolly MW> rdruid> rshammy ( thou all 3 are very good) then Hpally then priest. Holy Priest might be higher up

Everyone is saying disc is soooo good and #1, but its very even between then and rdruid. The only reason there are so many is because they are the best with melee cleaves, and 90% of the best comps are hunter/melee/x atm.
    next patch i would sayy
    Rdruid > Disc. > Monk > Shammy > pally. The druid buffs are insaneeeeeeee. Not to mention priest are getting a decent buff with divine insight. I think druid ones are over the top, but all the healers need one pvp wise. Everyone qqs about it but they dont think that pvp gear is going from 496 to 522 next patch, and resil is staying at 65%. Dmg will be insane, hopefully healing can compete.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    No other healer really comes close to priests right now. Monks aren't too far off from shaman and druids either way, so I think you're pretty safe.
    This isnt even close to true. Priest are literallly right in line with monks and druids( maybe abit better then dudus.)
    Melee cleaves are good
    priests are good
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Everyone qqs about it but they dont think that pvp gear is going from 496 to 522 next patch, and resil is staying at 65%. Dmg will be insane, hopefully healing can compete.
    Guh you bring up a good point, makes me a bit sad. One reason people have MW so low is that they are just thinking about arena and not rbgs. It is also possible that they have not seen many skilled Mws.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Guh you bring up a good point, makes me a bit sad. One reason people have MW so low is that they are just thinking about arena and not rbgs. It is also possible that they have not seen many skilled Mws.
    Theres not a ton of people who are competitive with MW, so yeah your probably right. Personally i think its my best healer, its just weird to find a comp with it. Double trinket, cocoon, revival and orbs for 150k heal while im sitting a cc iss nutts. But all melee cleaves are better with a priest, wizards with druid, and bam thats every team above 2k xD
    Cdew does a great job with his monk, if anyone wants to see how great every healer other then priest ( because he doesnt really play that) can be, check out his stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Theres not a ton of people who are competitive with MW, so yeah your probably right. Personally i think its my best healer, its just weird to find a comp with it. Double trinket, cocoon, revival and orbs for 150k heal while im sitting a cc iss nutts. But all melee cleaves are better with a priest, wizards with druid, and bam thats every team above 2k xD
    Cdew does a great job with his monk, if anyone wants to see how great every healer other then priest ( because he doesnt really play that) can be, check out his stream.
    Its weird, everything seems good until you play a disc and realize its not. Seriously, life cocoon is a nice cd, but I've seen my PoM go off for a 150k heal that puts a 190k shield on the target then bounce to my teammates and heal them for 50k+ a pop. Yea thats a 10 second cd ability btw. Ofc, thats also because PoM is bugged, but hey blizz apparently doesnt care. Lifeswap, Lifegrip, pain supp, spirit shell, priests got some baller cds. Against rushdown teams ive got 400k+ shields on their kill target waiting for them when they get there. Not saying monks are bad, disc is just a bit nuts especially with the multiple bugs it has right now.

With the massive buffs disc is getting (still dont know why) they will be the best healer by a mile. Rdruids will still be better for castercleaves because of the cc they bring and that they are getting some buffs, but the other healers are kinda left in the dust.

Deleted
    Resto druid is going to be insane in 5.4 for arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest problem with MW is that we are easily interrupted/silenced thanks to having to channel Soothing Mist. Where as RDru and Discs can heal/shield a considerable amount with no cast time. The only healing a MW has without a cast time is a low output AoE HoT (Renewing Mist) and an AoE heal (Uplift) that costs too much to be of any real value in 2s or 3s.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    MW > Rdruid > Holy Priest > Resto Shaman > Holy Pally > Disc Priest. Disc priests have horrible aoe healing.
    you really don't need aoe healing in pvp....
    cleave healing and multihotting maybe, aoe healing, not so much.

holy paladins are flat out the weakest healer in pvp right now. right now they lack the throughput and mana longevity that made up for their lack of offensive control in the past, and they remain vulnerable to cc without strong hots/shields to compensate.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

because they aren't, horrible in arenas for lack of CC

Deleted
    At the moment it has to be Disc Priests. The absorbs are too much for a lot of DPS to tackle.

Resto shamans are also annoying, for me anyway, due to a few things. Mainly crit heals and hex.

I've done 2v2 with a Druid and don't find DK/Druid a great comp. When it comes to entering purgatory, I have to depend on a dot to crit me out of it. Resto shaman defo the way to go with a DK.

Deleted
    People claiming MW is anywhere near the best healer Great joke!

Disc priest is the best now and will continue to be so in 5.4.

disc priests are still top.. not sure why they just buffed them as well. Absorbs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hots/Straight heals. Even in PVE..

There's really no way to fix this though, unless they wanna give absorbs to every healer or completely redesign Disc, which probably wouldnt happen until next xpac.. we're screwed for now i think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I think the biggest problem with MW is that we are easily interrupted/silenced thanks to having to channel Soothing Mist. Where as RDru and Discs can heal/shield a considerable amount with no cast time. The only healing a MW has without a cast time is a low output AoE HoT (Renewing Mist) and an AoE heal (Uplift) that costs too much to be of any real value in 2s or 3s.
    If you are channeling soothing mist a lot you are doing something wrong, try using Healing spheres more.

10+ Year Old Account
    disc priests cannot die on live, and on the ptr they cannot go below 70%

something must be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    disc priests cannot die on live, and on the ptr they cannot go below 70%

something must be done.
    Aye, a healer going below 90% HP is not acceptable so i propose more buffs to disc priest.
    Maybe make shields hurt you when you hit the disc priest? and add an aoe fear ability to them and also a minion who fears people or aoe roots

According to Cdew, who has been playing Resto Druid and MW, Resto Shamans are one of the weakest healers in the current patch.

If you are channeling soothing mist a lot you are doing something wrong, try using Healing spheres more.
    I need to watch CDEW more to watch for spheres, but I seem to recall him channeling soothing mist quite a lot on his mw.