Deleted

Need some help figuring out what's wrong.

Oh yeah, my bad. So I had this problem where my monitor went black every time I got a UAC Popup, and it wouldn't let me install the drivers I had just downloaded.. To get rid of the blackouts here's what I did: Go into User Account Control Settings (type uac in search) and drag it down one notch or until it says (do not dim my desktop).

as for the monitor drivers I got this message "this INF file does not support this method of installation" when I Right-clicked the .INF file in the drivers folder to Install. Here's what I did to install it: Device Manager -> Monitors -> Monitor -> Driver -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Have Disc... -> Browse... -> Downloaded folder with the .INF file -> Target the .INF file -> Open

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by mmoc3f39910ec6; 2013-06-23 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly, you should still post your problem, as well as the fix, this forum is searched by google, and someone else may have the same problem, and "fixed" is easily the most infuriating and frustrating thing to come across in a thread when you are searching for answers