Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Free loot in 30min, get every reward what hc raiders get while afking.

Act like they have done same thing. even though lfr is nothing close to real raiding - more like hc scenario.
    LFR degrade wow community.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't understand what you mean by this to formulate a response.
    You know I see people talking like this in trade chat all the time. "What boss drops that mount that I need for food buff rotation or is it behind Lay on Hands" i'm usually behind on internet meme's but i'm pretty sure it's one.

--

If I had to guess I would say it translates to: They got rejected just because they couldn't meet the ridiculous requirements of the raiding guild and a few were like that.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2013-06-22 at 08:46 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post

Act like they have done same thing. even though lfr is nothing close to real raiding - more like hc scenario.
    Come back when you've done the solo quest portions of the Legendary quest line, successfully, with no problems, 1-5 attempts tops, in LFR/Valor only gear, and nothing else. Specifically, the Celestial Challenge part. Come on, I dare you. An avg ilevel of about 517 is all you are allowed. And no, that doesn't mean use a Heroic Thunderforged weapon and lower other gear. Nothing can be over 522 base ilevel, and those that are 522 must be VP-sold, or crafted/world boss drops.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

For me it's that i don't like to schedule my gaming, if there's a good movie on (Or anything else comes up that's more fun/important), i want to be able to log off and go do that without getting chewed out by total strangers later on.

And it cuts out drama (loot- and otherwise), cancelled raids, guild-churn (or getting benched), guild politics in general, ridiculously involved applications, and lots of other stuff lots of people just can't be bothered with anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Come back when you've done the solo quest portions of the Legendary quest line, successfully, with no problems, 1-5 attempts tops, in LFR/Valor only gear, and nothing else. Specifically, the Celestial Challenge part. Come on, I dare you. An avg ilevel of about 517 is all you are allowed. And no, that doesn't mean use a Heroic Thunderforged weapon and lower other gear. Nothing can be over 522 base ilevel, and those that are 522 must be VP-sold, or crafted/world boss drops.
    I did it as healer at 500ish ilvl. It was... interesting
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    I have no clue what you're talking about just started getting the ... quest drops from ToT this week. Is this hard? Reading the guides it doesn't seem like it would be any more difficult than the green fire scenario.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Towards the end of Cata, a few of my small 10 man guild suffered burn out and took breaks some of them were permanent. Between then and the start of MoP my work commitments changed dramatically with a couple of promotions and this meant i couldn't give enough of my time to rebuild the guild again or continue raid leading 2-3 times a week. MoP hasn't grabbed me either and I find myself not logging in for weeks.

I do find that doing the odd LFR covers what i need or can commit to at this time.

That said "if" i could find a guild that could fit my needs then I would join as a regular member (I mean without any leadership responsibilities which I have had for near on 6 years). A bit of a problem on Thunderhorn EU which has died quite spectacularly over the last 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    They don't. Most LFR raiders are people who never bothered to raid before.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...76049990012928
    I dare say this was an unintended side effect, but many people I know (me included) gave up normal raiding for the ease, flexability of LFR. Maybe their goal was to get people that never raided before to try - but they definitely cut back the people that raided normal with LFR. Many just do both... I can't be bothered with what regular raiding required when the context is a video game.

My work schedule is really random and I do not have time to adhere to any kind of raiding schedule. Especially when classes are going on. I don't really do LFR that much either because I don't really find that fun, but hey. Better than nothing, I suppose.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I dare say this was an unintended side effect, but many people I know (me included) gave up normal raiding for the ease, flexability of LFR. Maybe their goal was to get people that never raided before to try - but they definitely cut back the people that raided normal with LFR. Many just do both... I can't be bothered with what regular raiding required when the context is a video game.
    Good for you, no?

You have a game mode that fits your preferences and lifestyle better than regular raiding.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but I can't understand what you mean by this to formulate a response.
    I'm tired and my dyslexia got the better of me.

What I meant was I know former hardcore raiders that were rejected for the simple fact of not writing one of those ridiculous fields of quite a few guild applications. Especially personal life stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Raiding is a social activity, and as such, 'ingame performance' is only a portion of what you call 'skill'. Communication and Work-Ethic are *major* aspects of a skilled raider. The fact that you would allow someone who can't even communicate their class & spec to lead raids speaks volumes of the sort of 'raiding guilds' you've been in. If anything, it goes to show how many guilds that use applications, gain nothing from them.
    Yet, it turns to be completely wrong. We got good applications from awful players and bad applications from great players.

At the end of the day, a form on an internet page doesn't really tell much of that person as a player or simple as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'm tired and my dyslexia got the better of me.

What I meant was I know former hardcore raiders that were rejected for the simple fact of not writing one of those ridiculous fields of quite a few guild applications. Especially personal life stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 10:55 PM ----------

Yet, it turns to be completely wrong. We got good applications from awful players and bad applications from great players.

At the end of the day, a form on an internet page doesn't really tell much of that person as a player or simple as a person.
    All I can tell you is that you shouldn't let an application stand in your way of a guild if it is what you want.

Sometimes the application is meant to keep out people who are afraid of effort. For example many cat adoption people want you to agree to letting them come to your home when ever they want to make sure the cat is okay and fine you if you they are not but are they really going to do it? No, they don't have time for that, the point is that if you are not serious about caring for a cat or fear being caught treating a cat bad you won't sign the agreement.

Why I do LFR over normal/heroic raiding?

1. Time constraints, I have a constantly fluctuating schedule.
    2. Medical condition might interrupt even when I could plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Why it's so hard to answer to OP with "I do LFR because I like it!"?

I DO LFR because I like it. It's perfect for me and my personal satisfaction. And even with all the reasons (I know then, my schedule is random as fuck and I got tired of hardcore raiding), they don't really matter because they concern only to ourselves and no one else. It's not that the game doesn't give everyone choices, but NO ONE has to say a word about MY choice. Simple as that.

Some day people will start understanding that we should concern about bigger issues and not what so other guy/girl do with their pleasure time.
    I like it too

15+ Year Old Account
    For me it came down to a few small things, i want to raid when i want and i'm in the mood, not when other people specify. At the begining of the week i might be looking forward to a raid on friday night, but by the time it gets to that point most of the time i didn't want to. Also once i've put down a raid date and said i'm going it's annoying because i can't do anything else. If a friend wants to go to the cinema, i can't, if a new game has come out i can't play it, etc.

A lot of anti-LFR people keep saying that players are leaving raiding guilds because they can get the same stuff in LFR. What you actually get in LFR is;

Healer 10-15 min queue, Dps 20-60 min queue.
    Potential of;
    tank fail due to pvp gear
    Heal fail due to healers being in dips spec because they were too good for dps queues.
    DPS fail because of not following the mechanics that they know better than to do (AOE on DWing thumb)
    Unenchanted/ungemmed/unforged/wrong gear/no knowledge of class/no knowledge of the encounter
    Afk players
    Players barely trying
    People who grief you because they are 1 in 8 million and no consequences.
    Booted just because someone said "Kick X because of bad DPS!" When you were a healer.
    DPS in tank spec
    Huntards killing you with misdirect for shits and giggles
    People screaming at you for tanking wrong
    People screaming
    SUB-PAR crappy versions of LFR gear.

And through all of this crap that is the random bundle that we call LFR people STILL choose to abandon Raid Guilds for LFR, so why?
    I never "abandoned" anything for LFR. The guild I was originally in moved on. Now I just dont want to have a schedule to be online anymore. Used to raid 5 nights a week, then 4, and now I might raid once a week and it is never even a full clear. I only did LFR to improve my gear and see what the new content is to an extend. Dont get me wrong I do miss raiding with a raiding guild and I especially miss being able to obtain heroic gear....but....I just dont really care to take the time to do it anymore. I love WoW- been playing it on and off since vanilla so I dont just want to leave the game so....I do a bit of LFR and a pug run when I can. Just how it is after playing this game for so long.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post

LFR does NOT get the same rewards as HC raiders. 502 gear vs 535 gear, right? BIG difference. LFR doesn't degrade the community like you say it does. It offers people like me who do not want to contort to a raid schedule so that I can still experience the content and get new gear...gear which is inferior to normal and HC gear- so why even bother making the comparison?
    Free loot? Yeah....if RNG is on your side. Normal modes for that matter aren't that difficult either so by those stanards HC raiders can say that normal mode guys try to act like they have done the same "thing" as Heroic raiders. Everyone has there own flavor dude- not everybody likes the same thing.

You know what HC raiding did for me? Nothing. It ate up my time and my week. I put off friends and family to raid- only to have another x-pac come out and invalidate everything I had just done. Most people don't even know what the "Hand of A'dal" title is or the Amani Warbear. Those things took skill and effort in TBC- now they mean nothing the guild i was in and all the friends I made...all gone. So with nobody to play with, no will to allow myself to be on anymore raid schedules, I stick to LFR and control the game- rather then letting it control me.
    Last edited by Xires; 2013-06-22 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Most people don't even know what the "Hand of A'dal" title is or the Amani Warbear. Those things took skill and effort in TBC- now they mean nothing the guild i was in and all the friends I made...all gone. So with nobody to play with, no will to allow myself to be on anymore raid schedules, I stick to LFR and control the game- rather then letting it control me.
    lol I used to think that warbear was so cool and that title as well but yea they are just another face in the crowd now.
    My Collection

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't have a schedule that allows me to raid. Beside working, I have a lot of stuff going on at evenings that makes my free time little and, most of all, irregular. That is why I'm focusing on LFR now, I can do that in a short time and whenever I can.
    I could probably find more than one guild willing to take me in for a raid team (my own guild has asked me to enter the team more than once already instead of being just a social member), but I don't like being unable to provide a reliable schedule so people know when they can count on me. If I still had time I would probably be doing heroic progression right now, had been there for years, but as things are... I can't.
    Life goes on, free time changes, people adapt and so do games. I don't like the idea of LFR being a "free mode", but I admit it's great for those who like raiding but can't afford a schedule like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I've really gotten to the point where I don't care enough to devote the time to raid anymore, there are other ways I'd rather spend my time in game. LFR is a fine alternative to see the content and work on the legendary, without making me meet raid times or anything. I used to raid pretty heavily, but either the game has changed or I have and I don't find the same draw and enjoyment in it that I used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly its because of my lack of availability.

1. I work a graveyard shift. Not many guilds raid in the morning, and that's if I don't work late.

2. I'm military, so I vanish for months at a time occasionally. Sometimes I can't even say when or if I'll return.

3. I don't want to deal with kids.

4. I have no interest in filling out a application or going through a review process that makes enlisting look easy.

5. I don't want to get a leadership role thrown at me.

6. #%@^ing kiddies.