30 stacks necrotic plague on 10m LK problems

My friend and i were doing the achievements last night for the mount. We did all of it on heroic and we have every achievement but the LK one.. we decided to just do him on normal but damn. That plague ticks for like 400k.

I'm in brewmaster spec tanking the adds not doing much dmg to them to spread plague, and keeping LK just above 70% so i can push him over really quick. My friend is a resto shaman

any tips for 2 manning this achievement?

My friend solod this achievement on his warlock..can't seem to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever has the plague needs to be dispelled right next to the ghouls. So it jumps on them, and keeps on jumping until it reaches the required stacks you need for the achievement.

I think the trick we used when we did it is to drop like the first two applications of the plague off into space-- dispell whoever has it far enough away from anything that it doesn't jump- and use that time to build up a large backlog of adds. Start bouncing the THIRD plague on the ghouls, only doing enough damage to them to keep threat, since you NEED adds for bouncing, and you should be able to have enough adds to avoid having it jump to you until you're done stacking it ad can just run out and get rid of it. If you DO get it passed to you early, you need to dispel it ASAP and you need to have adds up for it to jump to.
    It's been a while, though, someone else might have a more up-to-date strat for cheesing it in Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I think the trick we used when we did it is to drop like the first two applications of the plague off into space-- dispell whoever has it far enough away from anything that it doesn't jump- and use that time to build up a large backlog of adds. Start bouncing the THIRD plague on the ghouls, only doing enough damage to them to keep threat, since you NEED adds for bouncing, and you should be able to have enough adds to avoid having it jump to you until you're done stacking it ad can just run out and get rid of it. It's been a while, though, someone else might have a more up-to-date strat for Mists.
    This is probably the best way. You need to stockpile adds so that the stacked plague won't jump to you as often or ever.

Quote Originally Posted by milkGONEbad View Post
    Whoever has the plague needs to be dispelled right next to the ghouls. So it jumps on them, and keeps on jumping until it reaches the required stacks you need for the achievement.
    Should I be dispelling it off myself throughout the fight? I dispelled it on myself and it literally one shot me. It did like 700k damage and It was only at 17 stacks. Also, does it need to be 30 stacks? or can it be 31,32 etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I think the trick we used when we did it is to drop like the first two applications of the plague off into space-- dispell whoever has it far enough away from anything that it doesn't jump- and use that time to build up a large backlog of adds. Start bouncing the THIRD plague on the ghouls, only doing enough damage to them to keep threat, since you NEED adds for bouncing, and you should be able to have enough adds to avoid having it jump to you until you're done stacking it ad can just run out and get rid of it. It's been a while, though, someone else might have a more up-to-date strat for Mists.

This is where I'm confused. I'm not quite sure how this disease even works, jumps? Jumps how? When I did this fight back during WOTLK heroic raiding I never paid attention to it because I wasn't assigned to care about it. I just healed the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    This is where I'm confused. I'm not quite sure how this disease even works, jumps? Jumps how? When I did this fight back during WOTLK heroic raiding I never paid attention to it because I wasn't assigned to care about it. I just healed the tanks.
    Ah, ok.

So, the way the plague works is that, every time it is dispelled or it kills its target, it jumps to the nearest target in rage- it can jump to your raid members, and it can jump to any of the ghouls or vrykul during the first phase. Every time it jumps to a new target, it gains a stack.

The trick is to get a BUNCH of the low-max-HP ghouls "saved up" and then dispel whoever gets the next application of the plague as close to the ghouls as possible. The plague will kill the ghoul it is on, gain a stack, and jump to the nearest target- which you want to be another ghoul.

If there is no one nearby when it is dispelled, it disappears.

Should I be dispelling it off myself throughout the fight? I dispelled it on myself and it literally one shot me. It did like 700k damage and It was only at 17 stacks. Also, does it need to be 30 stacks? or can it be 31,32 etc?
    Once you reach 30 stacks you're free to kill the LK, anything above 30 is just extra damage to worry about.

Necrotic Plague jumps every time it (assuming more eligible targets in range, which means everything but Lich King):

A) Kills the target it's on (increases stack)
    B) Gets dispelled (decreases stack, minimum 1 stack if still targets it can jump on in range)
    C) Goes through its full duration (not sure how this influences stacks)

Since adds on 10 man have very very little HP you want to have a large pool of adds to make sure you can reach 30 stacks without having to worry about the plague running out of NPC targets. With MoP gear I recommend going AT LEAST 3 Necrotic Plagues getting dispelled out of range of other eligible targets (40 yards to be safe, can't remember minimum distance) as just doing one AoE move to generate threat as a tank does a ton of damage.

As far as I know, it does not do damage when dispelled, only when it ticks after 5 seconds. You should be dispelling as soon as possible if it jumps to a raid member- they will have 4 seconds to get to a viable add for the jump before it MUST be dispelled, or it will tick.

As long as necrotic plague reaches a single stack of 30, you're good, it can be anything higher than that.

Whenever the plague kills something it jumps to the nearest target and gains a stack, the higher the stack gets, the more damage it does. This is why you want to wait until you get a bunch of ghouls/shamblings before you dispel the plague near the them because eventually it'll just start one shotting things and killing the shambling horrors quite fast.

Keep in mind that throughout the first phase, you're going to be getting multiple plagues that can jump to a target that already has the plague which will combine both stacks.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-06-22 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Daetur said about dispelling the first couple of Necrotic Plagues into thin air is probably the way to do it. I kinda remember for a "new" NP to pop and end up killing the adds before the 30 stacks. So you dispel the third (maybe even fourth or fifth) NP onto the adds, since you probably have a healthy number of them by that point, and once it hits 30, you go on and do what you do (used to fail when it jumps to >30, but not anymore, so it doesn't matter if it shoots up to 32, etc.).

edit: If the first couple of NP goes on you for some reason, just roll away from the add group before you detox yourself. I can't remember what the exact range is to be safe, though. :x
    Last edited by milkGONEbad; 2013-06-22 at 12:44 AM.

u might want to try both of u stack on top of each other and dispell it so it jump on both of u till u have enough big adds then dispell it on big adds

Dispelling on top of each other won't work with the 8 sec cooldown on dispel. The large amount of adds is the way forward - particularly as with keg toss you can aggro adds without killing them.