Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    It depends on how you use a website like Noxxic. It is perfectly good enough to show you the general idea of what you're supposed to be doing with your class.
    No... Just no. I've seen noxxic put fundamentally wrong information in their guides. If someone needs to know the basics of their class, Icy-veins or the sticky posts in the official class forums or mmo-champ class forums are much better starting points.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

Quote Originally Posted by Tisha View Post
    No... Just no. I've seen noxxic put fundamentally wrong information in their guides. If someone needs to know the basics of their class, Icy-veins or the sticky posts in the official class forums or mmo-champ class forums are much better starting points.
    Fundamentally wrong information in their guides ? I find that hard to believe. Show me one major error on their website - and I don't mean spelling mistakes or small errors.

Remember we're talking about helping players with 6% uptime on SotR and 40% uptime on SS. I think Noxxic does a fine job there. It might not suffice for those who are comfortable with their class but it is a good starting point.
    Last edited by Mirri; 2013-06-26 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    Fundamentally wrong information in their guides ? I find that hard to believe. Show me one major error on their website - and I don't mean spelling mistakes or small errors.

Remember we're talking about helping players with 6% uptime on SotR and 40% uptime on SS. I think Noxxic does a fine job there. It might not suffice for those who are comfortable with their class but it is a good starting point.
    The holy paladin guide is pretty decent tbh. They cover all the basics I think!

Deleted
    Have you guys seen the prot paladin guide on Noxxic?

It recommends this stat priority:
    Stamina > Parry > Dodge > Mastery > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Expertise (15%)

And for holy, it recommends Sacred Shield instead of Eternal Flame.
    Last edited by mmoc0083755d71; 2013-06-26 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Have you guys seen the prot paladin guide on Noxxic?

It recommends this stat priority:
    Stamina > Parry > Dodge > Mastery > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Expertise (15%)

And for holy, it recommends Sacred Shield instead of Eternal Flame.
    From Noxxic:

Stat Priority

Survival: Stamina > Parry > Dodge > Mastery > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Expertise (15%)

Control + Threat: Stamina > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (15%) > Haste > Mastery > Parry > Dodge

Choosing Stat Priority

Control + Threat Priority
    The Control + Threat priority maximizes your ability to respond to damage because your Holy Power generating abilities are guaranteed to land. This priority results in more overall damage taken then the Survivability strategy, but allows you to reliably smooth out that damage with a higher uptime of Shield of the Righteous. Also, this priority produces a high amount of threat since none of your major threat abilities can miss.

Survival Priority
    The Survivability priority maximizes your ability to avoid and mitigate damage by increasing your Survivability stats above all else. This priority results in the least amount of overall damage taken, but can lead to more spike damage with a bad avoidance streak or delayed Shield of the Righteous. If you are very good at proactively using Shield of the Righteous, then Mastery moves ahead of Parry in the Survivability Priority.

Deleted
    The "survival" priority is wrong. Even if you would go with an avoidance build, reaching hit/exp cap is a priority. This thing they call "survival priority" is garbage, and any paladin who uses it will be utterly ridiculed for it.