Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    With the benefit of hindsight and speaking from PvE (solo, small and large group play) side of things only.

Classic: 8/10
    BC: 9/10
    Wrath: 7/10 (story saves it, else I'd put it at 6)
    Cata: 6/10 (t11 saves it, else I'd put it at 5)
    MoP: 7/10 (sofar, might eke out an 8 by the end if they keep removing all the crap decisions they made at the start)
    Story is also very bland for me if I wasn't feeling forgiving I'd start it at a 6 with possibility for a 7 by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    HAHA can't believe people are ranking Vanilla above MOP. The rose tint in this thread is amazing...
    Vanilla and early BC was when the growth rate of the playerbase was steepest. They specifically made design choices that moved away from what made Vanilla and early BC work, and the growth rate of the playerbase levelled off and even started to decline at times.

People could postulate that the levelling off of the playerbase would have occurred no matter what they tried. But I could just as easily argue that, had they stayed the course on what made vanilla successful, the playerbase would have kept growing at a crazy rate until it was 20 million to 30 million by now. That part is just assertions.

If we go by the facts we have on hand, vanilla was when this game drew in the most players at the fastest rate. That cannot be argued. That is fact.

And for me, there is clear delineation. The game became much less fun than it used to be starting in the second half of BC. Blizz became the fun police and ripped out so many things that attracted players imo. And the playerbase size levelled off because of it.

Deleted
    Vanilla - 10
    TBC - 10
    Wrath - 5 (would be lower if it wasn't for Ulduar)
    Cata - 3 (would be lower if it wasn't for T11)
    MoP - 1

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla:4
    TBC: 6
    WotLK: 7
    Cata: 2
    MoP: 9

This is based on my current attitudes and play style, not nostalgia and how I used to play. TBC is still my favorite (nostalgic) expansion.
    BAD WOLF

During vanilla, the concept of gear being made largely obsolete at the start of every xpac didn't exist yet. So if you HATE that idea, if you feel its a broken mechanic, the xpacs will always rate lower.

Deleted
    Vanilla - didn't play
    TBC - 8/10 it was awesome and new. Raiding was exciting, until we got to SSC/TK. then raiding was frustrating, being 6/6 and 3/4 for months was no fun, I just took a break from the game after 3 months of tries on Kael'thas.

Wrath - 7/10 Came back for wrath, it was fun, I enjoyed the story and the raids up to Ulduar. Ulduar was awesome, even tho I didn't clear it completely when it was relevant. ToC came and I took another break from the game, didn't experienced ICC.

Cata - 5/10 I give 0 for the end game content, but a 10 for the old world revamping and transmog, I really enjoyed leveling alts. hated raiding, I took a break when firelands released. (I really hated the color scheme on that raid)

MoP - 9/10 came back for MoP. This is the first time in the game that I haven't gotten bored enough to take any breaks. I'm really enjoying this expansion, raiding is cool, a little frustrating but still you can get things done, dailies are a chore, but is something to do. the story is amazing. I'm really impressed with this expansion to be honest.

Vanilla deserves 10/10 for classic Alterac Valley alone.

You could scrap the entire rest of vanilla wow and just give me classic Alterac Valley and I would play it all day lol. The fact that there was so many other great things about vanilla blows my mind. It is sad to think of all the players who never played vanilla and never got to experience Alterac Valley when it was awesome.

Deleted
    to me, gearscore killed the whole wrath expansion

tbc: 8/10 world experience could save a 10 for it if it was any greater
    wrath: 6/10 story destroyed it, spcly ending, what a meh!
    cata: 3/10 lmao!
    MOP: 7/10 a jump on the right direction

Vanilla: Wasn't an X-pac but 10/10
    TBC: 10/10
    Wotlk: 8/10
    Cata: 3/10
    MoP: 8/10

wotlk 8, cata 8, mop 2

Deleted
    Classic - 5/10
    BC - 6/10
    Wrath - 8/10
    Cataclysm - 5/10
    MoP - 7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by redictor View Post
    to me, gearscore killed the whole wrath expansion
    It's no different than ilvl really. Although I am happy that PLAYERSCORE never really caught on, just saying "playerscore" sounds incredibly douchey.

OT...I'd rather rate by pve/pvp/lore.

Sadly I can't include 5.4 in this yet so I think my MoP ratings will be a little low since I expect 5.4 patch to be pretty awesome.

Lore: Vanilla-9, BC-6, Wolk-10, Cata-4, MoP-7.5
    PvE: Vanilla-7, BC-9, Wolk-9, Cata-6, MoP-7
    PvP: Vanilla-7, BC-7, Wolk-8.5, Cata-7, MoP-3

Overall: Vanilla-7.67, BC-7.33, Wolk-9.6, Cata-5.66, MoP-5.83

Deleted
    Vanilla 9/10 - The game was just amazing back then when you first entered azeroth.
    TBC 8/10 - Zones were terrible, only gets points for good heroic dungeons and vanilla feel of raiding.
    WotLK 7/10 - AoE dungeons. Few real bosses ain't enough to get higher scores, even tough Ulduar as whole puts one more point to this expansion.
    Cata 5/10 - Leveling for some odd reason was pretty good, but the rest.. Meh.
    MoP 9/10 - I allmost quited WoW, but this expansion just amazed me. Guess being older today helps it too. You can be pretty casual with 4-6hours of raiding a week and still clear all the raids on heroic. Zones are epic. All the new BG's are good. Only thing that was bad with this expansion was the goddamn dailies and that tedious grind.
    Hope they bring back tabards from the get go, so you can get your reputation by just doing dungeons/scenarios/raiding whatever.

Deleted
    Vanilla : 7.5 / 10 - Groundbreaking upon it's time without a doubt. There wasn't even any game near what wow was at that poin.
    Tbc : 9 / 10 - Personally my favorite, hands down. I don't care if people see this as nostalgia, it doesn't take away the fact that i still had the most fun in tbc.
    Wotlk : 8.5 / 10 - Really loved the addition of achievements, didn't like the first tier of raiding, but Ulduar & Icc made up for it all.
    Cata : 7 / 10 - Less good gameplay wise and more and more problems with wow started to devellop.. allthought i enjoyed Firelands raiding & DS to some extent.
    MoP : 6 / 10 - World of dailycraft ... They lost me at this one, the only reason i ocasionally play is cause of my insane 4 / 4 zg mount collection :P (most ppl don't even understand what zg is ...)

Deleted
    Vanilla: 8/10
    TBC: 9/10
    Wrath: 10/10
    Cata: 6/10
    MoP: 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Bad case of the rose tint
    Bad case of mental retardation.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-06-22 at 03:45 PM.

Vanilla - 9/10. I think WoW was new and exciting enough that it was the MMO everyone could have played.

Burning Crusade - 9/10. Tough call on how to rate this. I went with rating it from my perspective as a then-hardcore raider. If I rated it in retrospect or from the perspective of different playstyles, it would have scored lower.

Wrath - 10/10. Easier call here. Wrath is not my favorite expansion (BC is) nor was it at the time, but nevertheless it is the expansion they got right. The raid model was the right one, the hard mode model was the right one, the heroic dungeon model with achievements for added challenge was the right one, the balance between casual and hardcore was correct, the balance between mains and alts was just right. They got everything right in this expansion, and many of the problems that came about later on were the result of the developers attempting to fix things that weren't broken.

Cata - 5/10. Not much to say that hasn't been said. The decision to equalize 10- and 25-man raid difficulties, which effectively squeezed casual 10-man groups out of raids, is a big part of why I only played about the first six months of this expansion before quitting until MoP.

MoP - 8/10. Getting high ratings in this thread, but I think people are quick to forgive. Giving it 8/10 might be too high honestly. What about the daily mess at the beginning? (I saw a satirical cartoon describing it as Panda Excess.) No new 5-mans since launch. Casual guilds still cut off from raiding the first tiers of raiding while they were current. Flex raiding is nice, but again it's a solution to a problem created by Blizz fixing something that wasn't broke. Now, all that said, the game is in the best shape it's been since Wrath, and taken in totality with the new features to be introduced in 5.4 the next expansion at launch should be stellar, so long as the WoW team doesn't go looking for problems just for the sake of fixing things they don't need to.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-06-22 at 03:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    vanilla - 8/10
    BC - 10/10
    wotlk - 7/10 (ulduar - 10/10)
    cata - 6/10
    mop - 8/10
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Classic - Did not play
    BC - 8/10
    WotlK - 9/10
    Cata - 5/10