Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Sooo many ppl voting WotLK as the best. Lol.

Guess most of the ppl who started pre-TBC or in TBC, have quit at this point.

pre-TBC: N/A
    TBC: 10/10
    WotLK: 4/10
    Cata: 6/10
    MoP: 8/10
    People voting TBC and Vanilla as best. Lol. Obviously because of nostalgia.

Deleted
    Vanilla = 6/10
    B/C = 7/10
    LK = 9/10
    Cata = 5/10
    MoP = 10/10, Bravo Pandaria.

vanilla 10/10
    bc -10/10
    wrath 8/10
    cata 6/10
    mists 10/10
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

V- 4/10
    BC- 5/10
    WotLK- 8/10
    Cata- 6/10
    MoP- 9/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    vanilla 10/10
    bc -10/10
    wrath 8/10
    cata 6/10
    mists 10/10
    Erm, I'm not sure -10 is within the 1 - 10 range... Right? Don't pull any Calc tricks to prove it is, I enjoy my headache free evening.

OT:
    Classic: 7/10
    TBC: 8/10
    Wrath: 8/10
    Cata: 5/10
    MoP: 7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    1.0: 7/10
    2.0: 9/10
    3.0: 8/10
    4.0: 5/10
    5.0: 0.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    People voting TBC and Vanilla as best. Lol. Obviously because of nostalgia.
    Don't jump to conclusions or invalidate others' opinions. Who knows why they liked TBC and Vanilla. Some people like different things than you.

I liked TBC because it opened up prot paladin tanking even though it wasn't considered that powerful. Also, the raid progression was really nice. You felt like there was a lot of room to improve and progress. I enjoyed attunements because it brought you into the story of the different dungeons, and it made sure everyone knew what was going on. I didn't mind so much spending a long time to find people for a raid, or even people for a heroic dungeon. Max level meant more than it does now.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW-9/10
    BC-10/10
    WOTLK-8.5/10
    Cata-Beginning cata is 9/10, late cata was 7/10
    MoP-Haven't tried.

For me personally.

Classic: 9/10 I loved it from the moment I started. It was broken but hell I was a kid back then.
    TBC: 10/10 The awesome sweet spot of stuff to do without too much to do.
    WotLK: 10/10 The lore rocked, I loved Arthus, the raid for the most part were awesome and well... BLADESTOOOOOOOOOORM!
    Cataclysm: 6/10 I found it boring for the most part with way too much pulled away from 25man and it lacked direction to me.
    MoP: 8/10 Awesome, with LFR it feels like an alt is achievable without requiring too much time or too little. I rate we need LFR to up the drop rates a bit from base.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Vanilla 10/10 (ONLY because It was something NEW for me, never experienced a huge online game let alone an MMO before WoW)

TBC 9.5/10 (almost perfect in both PvE and PvP)

WoTLK 6/10 (PvP was near perfection at later seasons which imo makes this expansion the best point where PvP balance was at, PvE was **** after Naxx tier)

Cata 4/10 (nerfs to PvP made the expansion terrible for PvPing and the scrapping the water raid pulled it down from being 8/10)

MoP was 10/10 then 9/10 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla - 10/10 First MMORPG I played so I was blown away at the time and really enjoyed it.
    TBC - 10/10 The raiding was alot of fun and Arena's were a nice addition aswell.
    WoTLK - 8/10 Didn't really like Naxx and TotC, Ulduar was pure gold though and I loved ICC aswell apart from it lasting a year...
    Cata - 6/10 The first tier was fun. Firelands was too short allthough the Ragnaros fight was epic. Dragon Soul was just utter dog shit though, could have been so much better.
    MoP- 6/10 I still like the raiding in MoP, do kinda like the Sha concept (allthough same model kinda buggs me) and the whole eastern theme with the pandas and stuff. But the start of MoP was just horrid with the dailies and all. I still dont like the whole concept of the coins and being able to get an extra piece of loot. And blizzard is adding new stuff to the game that are offcourse fun for alot of people like flex raiding and pet battles, but these things just dont appeal to me. Im not really seeing the point in some of this new stuff. The game was once very good but it on a down sled now. And they are implementing new stuff that just dont matter to a whole bunch of players. Im just concerned that the game is getting worse and that it is just going to die out soon. I do not know what blizzard should do differently but I read a post about prestige earlier this week and I think that is something that was lost in the course of the expansions that motivated players. And I hope this somehow will return.

10+ Year Old Account
    First. Vanilla isn't an expansion. But I'll rate it anyway.

Vanilla: 9/10
    TBC: 9.5/10
    LK: 8.5/10
    CATA: 3/10
    Mists: 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryuken View Post
    For me it goes...

Vanilla = 7/10
    B/C = 9/10
    LK = 10/10
    Cata = 7/10
    MoP = 6/10

What about you?
    Vanilla is not an expansion... also LK over TBC ? haha cute and cata over MoP ???? good lord... you can tell who hasn't actually played since vanilla.

Vanilla: Didnt play
    TBC: 9/10
    WotLK: 9/10 - Death Knights introduction was badass DKs are badass Dungeons were to faceroll complete 180 from BC dungeons. Naxx/ULD/ICC are 3 out of 5 of my top raids of all time. ICC lasted to long.
    Cata: 4/10 - 1 person could supply entire raid with food and flask, most recycled zones/bosses ever in an xpac. very little zones for high level toons to venture.
    MoP: 2/10 - Monks are lame panda zone is forgettable and boring. Officially blanding and tearing apart all uniqueness from classes soon to be 4 levels of raid difficulty World of Colorscheme has never been more lame. Pokemon&Pandas. Stupid PvP changes. HORRIBLE new bg. HORRIBLE artwork for gear sets. Forgettable content. More horde favoritism to finish the xpac. Epics never felt more unepic and worthless. Legendary for everyone. MoP destroyed any last remnants of the old core game and philosophy. 90% of rep items in the past cost gold not grinding rep and then valor. JP was/is useless JP gear wasnt even equivalent to 5m heroics (fail). Low valor cap. The LK system worked best but i still loved badges from BC era.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really hard for me to judge classic WoW in hindsight without being overly harsh (as it would have been hard to judge it then without being overly generous). A lot of the design decisions sucked, but most of them either made sense at the time, or were limited by technology, or the game just hadn't evolved to a point where it would occur them to do differently. Even still, WoW was still a vastly superior game to all its competitors and the novelty of playing in such an exciting, shiny new world made a lot of things forgivable then that wouldn't be acceptable to me now. Classic is when I fell in love with the game, and I had so much fun, but so many aspects of the game were just plain obnoxious.

In terms of fun I had, I would give it a 9. In terms of quality and gameplay compared to now, it probably only deserves like a 5. In terms of quality and gameplay compared to other games? An 8. I guess if I had to give it an overall score, I'd give it a 7.

BC and Mists both get 8s.
    Wrath gets a 9.

Cataclysm is also really hard for me to judge though. It was the period of the game were I was definitely the most bored, spending a lot of my time logging in just for the purpose of sitting in town and chatting in guild. End game content was lacking which, while only one aspect of the game, is a huge percentage of "shit in WoW I care about." Dragonsoul was an enormous letdown. However, it introduced a ton of great new features and gave us a much-needed (and very wonderful) revamp of the old world. In terms of fun? A 6. In terms of overall features and content? An 8. In terms of end-game content in specific? A 6.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Typical Angry/CoolGuy/Nostalgic List:

Vanilla: 5/5
    TBC: 4/5
    WotLK: 3/5
    Cata: 2/5
    MoP: 1/5

Actual List based on quality, accessibility, and gameplay:

Vanilla: 1/5
    TBC: 2/5
    Cataclysm: 4/5
    MoP: 5/5

Blizzard has honed their craft so well over the past decade. Each expansion improves on every aspect of the game. The quality of MoP is astounding. The music, the quests, the environments, the gameplay; it's all due to Blizzard being at the top of their game. If you're mad things changed, well that's just it, things changed more than you did. It's undeniable WoW is above and beyond the quality of anything else on the market. I cannot wait to see the next expansion. It's probably going to get a 6/5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla 7/10
    Burning Crusade 8/10
    Wrath of the Lich King 10/10
    Cataclysm 5/10
    Mists of Pandaria 8/10

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC: 7/10
    WotLK: 9/10
    Cataclysm: 3/10
    MoP: 8/10

I was pretty indifferent to TBC. It was okay, but the zones really didn't grab me.

WotLK was simply awesome. Northrend was an amazingly well-realized continent, and its environments were both engaging and wondrous. I still remember sailing into the Howling Fjord, and just gasping in awe at the cave the ship sails through. Just awesome.

Cataclysm was a big letdown for me. I didn't like the disjointed zones, and I felt the talent system was terrible. In addition, the Worgen and Goblin intro zones were tedious and boring.

MoP was a nice rebound from Cataclysm. I love the Monk class, and I really enjoy the continent of Pandaria. It reminds me a lot of how amazingly well realized Northrend was. Also the raids have been extremely good this expansion. ToT was some of the best raiding I've experienced in a long time, and I can't wait for SoO.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-18 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Erm, I'm not sure -10 is within the 1 - 10 range... Right? Don't pull any Calc tricks to prove it is, I enjoy my headache free evening.

OT:
    Classic: 7/10
    TBC: 8/10
    Wrath: 8/10
    Cata: 5/10
    MoP: 7/10
    then a 0 then :P

actually ill give it a 3. since i love those sporelings so much

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Typical Angry/CoolGuy/Nostalgic List:

Vanilla: 5/5
    TBC: 4/5
    Cata: 2/5
    MoP: 1/5

Actual List based on quality, accessibility, and gameplay:

Vanilla: 1/5
    TBC: 2/5
    Cataclysm: 4/5
    MoP: 5/5

Blizzard has honed their craft so well over the past decade. Each expansion improves on every aspect of the game. The quality of MoP is astounding. The music, the quests, the environments, the gameplay; it's all due to Blizzard being at the top of their game. If you're mad things changed, well that's just it, things changed more than you did. It's undeniable WoW is above and beyond the quality of anything else on the market. I cannot wait to see the next expansion. It's probably going to get a 6/5.
    giving a vanilla a 1 is not fair. you cant judge it based off today you have to judge it based off when it was released. at the time it was one of the first casual mmos and was one of the most accessible.

its lore was also pretty good.

if vanilla released today would it be that good? no of course not but for its time it was definitely a 10/10
    and if vanilla released today with the polish and all the good stuff of mists of pandaria it would also be 10/10.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    vanilla 8/10
    tbc 9/10
    wotlk 9/10
    cata 8/10
    mop 5/10

If it was nostalgia included I would give tbc and wotlk at least 12.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-07-18 at 11:36 PM.