Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Celebrities giving their children stupid names

Why do they do it? I just read that Kanye West called his daughter North. North West... I mean really? Chris Martin called his daughter Apple, and most will know about Bob Geldof naming his kids Peaches and Fifi Trixibelle (Pixie isn't too bad), and his late ex-wife Paula Yates called her daughter with Michael Hutchence Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily. I want to smack these people and ask them why, for the love of god WHY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    Why do they do it? I just read that Kanye West called his daughter North. North West... I mean really? Chris Martin called his daughter Apple, and most will know about Bob Geldof naming his kids Peaches and Fifi Trixibelle (Pixie isn't too bad), and his late ex-wife Paula Yates called her daughter with Michael Hutchence Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily. I want to smack these people and ask them why, for the love of god WHY
    They're positively tame compared to Frank Zappa's daughters - Diva Muffin Zappa, and Moon Unit Zappa.

He was a bit kinder to his son Dweezil, but not much.

Deleted
    They think children are their toys. They know that people will talk about them because of that. They have no respect for their children.

Deleted
    So that they might get your attention, care, and discuss about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    To be fair, North is a fairly common name compared to some of the other ones. The only reason anyone is even saying anything is because of the West part =P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they can, and it brings them more attention. More attention= more money, and isn't that what all celebs are after?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Best worst name is the kid of the guy who played Earl, he named the kid Airplane Inspector.............

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why do people name their kids after comic book, game and movie characters, you know it's not just celebs. I've seen kids named Cloud, Stimpson(stimpy), Peewee, Bionic, Jesse-Rocket. People just are cruel for their own ends and don't think about the kids life of crap they will get.

Who are you to judge?

Because they're irresponsible and have zero empathy or understanding of anyones feelings but themselves. I'm sure Blanket doesn't get bullied at all in school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    George Forman has 7 children. George I, George II, George III, George IV, George V, George VI, and a girl named Georgina. Idk if you can get much more egotistical than that...

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    I don't know why do people name their kids after comic book, game and movie characters, you know it's not just celebs. I've seen kids named Cloud, Stimpson(stimpy), Peewee, Bionic, Jesse-Rocket. People just are cruel for their own ends and don't think about the kids life of crap they will get.
    Cloud actually sounds like a very pretty name to me =/

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    George Forman has 7 children. George I, George II, George III, George IV, George V, George VI, and a girl named Georgina. Idk if you can get much more egotistical than that...

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 01:43 PM ----------

Cloud actually sounds like a very pretty name to me =/
    Agree. I'd love to have the name Cloud :<
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Who are you to judge?
    Empathy for the kids.

My dad used to know a guy called Clifford Edge. (Cliff Edge)
    Parents often give their children kinda cruel names, it just means they're arseholes.

Deleted
    well in slovakia some gypsies named their children Onur and Seherezada,because there was a telenovel called sultan aired that time...
    also one our "celebrity" called his son Quido...

they just hurt their kids, everybody will laugh at them, especialy other kids at school etc...

if i was given stupid name i would sue my parents

10+ Year Old Account
    I've named two children.

Our daughters name came easily, I was driving home from work and was pondering the subject and happened to notice a florist while waiting on a red light. That sent me on the line of thought that brought me to the name. My wife immediately agreed that it was the one and that was that.

Our son on the other hand was a grueling process. We had let the sex of our first child be a surprise, so we already had an unused male name but my wife was not anywhere near as sure about that as she had been the female choice. We literally spent about 7 months trying to find alternatives we liked better. It wasn't until the final couple of weeks before his birth that we finally nailed down what his name would be ( this time we found out the sex ahead of time, my wife demanded it ).

The point of my little story? Having had to actually name a couple kids I can tell you that it is not an entirely easy process. Sure you can take the easy way out and just name them 'whatever'. It isn't hard to look at social security applications for the most popular names for the past 10 years and just pick one. That will guarantee that your kids name always fits in. It also almost guarantees that they will be one of multiples of that name in every group environment fro the rest of their lives. Who wants to be John #3 in every class and team they are on? They end up with all kinds of nicknames, some none too flattering. I didn't have the benefit of a cool sounding last name to grant them so it seemed only kind to be sure that they could be identified by their first.

As too the stupid names celebs use, well I can only imagine its one of two things. Either they are really really stupid people and think they are being clever, or they are simply willing to be as outrageous as possible to get a totally original name. It doesn't require a deep degree of brilliance to act or sing or dance so lets face it, some of them are probably just dumber than shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had three kids in the school I worked at named Diamond. Two girls and a boy, as I remember. And an America, a Jamaica, and an Asia. There are culturally relevant names that might seem odd at first glance, like Native American names. I'm fine with those since they're not pulled straight out of someone's posterior. But really parents, the chances of your kid getting a talk show are extraordinarily slim, so pick something that isn't stupid.

Yes, I'm being judgmental about names. That's what people do before they ever meet you. Every time I saw the roster for the upcoming semester I couldn't help but dread the classes with the oddly named kids. I was not frequently incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciqa View Post
    well in slovakia some gypsies named their children Onur and Seherezada,because there was a telenovel called sultan aired that time...
    also one our "celebrity" called his son Quido...

they just hurt their kids, everybody will laugh at them, especialy other kids at school etc...

if i was given stupid name i would sue my parents
    We have the same thing in my country. They name their kids Ferrari, Mercedes, Corleone, De Vito, Jesus, etc., while they barely have to eat, covered in mud and living in dumps. It's quite hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    We have the same thing in my country. They name their kids Ferrari, Mercedes, Corleone, De Vito, Jesus, etc., while they barely have to eat, covered in mud and living in dumps. It's quite hilarious.
    Jesus and Mercedes are quite popular names in Spanish speaking countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't help but think it is because they really don't care one bit about their children and consider their children to be something to use to amuse themselves or garner extra attention for themselves. I really hope that isn't true in these cases, but it seems to be most likely.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

The creation of this thread answers the OP's question.