Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For me it's a combination of the lore turning shit and the game becoming more and more easy.

The lore just went out of control and I hated how every popular WC character got killed. I hate that everything is more or less black or white. People are either evil or possessed or they are good. This is why the best part of WoW lore atm is the Undead and their struggle.

I didn't feel that my epic dagger was epic anymore with everyone and their mothers wearing it.
    I just want more challenge and no, i don't want to do the same dungeons over again, but a bit harder. For me that don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Nothing fresh. Blizzard became content with the type of content they were putting out there, dailies etc. The constant simplification of everything doesn't keep someone like me around, it only works to drive me away faster.

As much as people rail against the old school way the game was played, I'm one that happened to prefer it. Yea it sucked sitting in a city spamming for people to join your BRD run that you are tryign to do to help a friend. But also remember, after actually having to find your own group and go in to a dungeon with them, you didn't have people calling it quits just because they died once, or because something was too hard. People stuck that shit out.

Speaking of BRD , I hate the way dungeons were being made. "Here's a hallway, with 2 more hallways attached, with a boss at the end of each" wow....how fun.....

I"m sorry but BRD is the best dungeon the wow team has ever created. It was the only dungeon you could actually get lost in and just wander around killing a shitload of mini bosses. Sure they dropped shit loot but who cares (thats an easy problem to fix). Dungeons you got in wow now are so braindead that the first thing I do when i walk into them is yawn.

To me, the dev's have the complete wrong philosophy about game design (blizzard as a whole now a days). This idea of "accessibility" is fine, but blizzard has devolved into "accessibility at the cost of anything". They are working to make the game so damn easy they forgot they gotta have some depth in there to keep anyone really interested. (besides the loyalist who will play no matter what).

The atmosphere has changed so drastically that the WoW today doesn't resemble anything close to the wow of "yesterday" so to speak, and it's a damn shame that blizz's quest for mass appeal has lead them so far away from actual good game design. These thoughts carry over equally to the "new diablo".
    Good Lord I've never agreed with a post so much before. +1 to you sir

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 03:43 PM ----------

focus on dailies as content, over accessibility of raid content, LFR, this Asian/Panda theme expansion is a reach in terms of Lore(secondary stories shouldn't have expansions over more relevant lore such as the burning legion or emerald dream considering the last 2 expansions we had) plus I'm not a fan of the theme, degeneration of the community and servers, and the focus on a single player experience rather than a guild/team one. Making this game easier, linear, and more accessible while adding to the ability to do things alone/anonymously in LFR and LFD has crippled the community and turned it into nothing but a wasteland of trolls and douches. People can defend MoP all they like since it probably caters to their ideas of fun and LFR is all the "raiding" they say they need or want, but its just not as fun as it used to be. The lack of epicness in both the world and the community is shown as subs keep bleeding out.
    Whenever I start to think the community is turning a corner, tradechat is always there to prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigPapi View Post
    Good Lord I've never agreed with a post so much before. +1 to you sir
    Blizz doesnt care and as it seems from multiple posts they dont want u in the game anymore
    each blue post or reply on forums for such topics "easy game etc" they say we dont care leave please

Deleted
    So tired of people saying it takes 90% gear and 10% skill now like anything has changed. Gear might be more important now but if you don't have any skills you won't come far in either PvP nor PvE. OnT: I still play and loving it.

I have stopped my account and have gone inactive, I have voted with my wallet for the time being. There are a few reasons why and they are my personal reasons so I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

I remember when I was getting pwned by Rogues on my Warlock all the way to max level 70. I got so angry but instead of running to the forums for nerfs I rolled a Rogue to understand them and learn their weaknesses. Soon I could hold my own and fight back, lose some win some.

I loved screwing up my talent tree and learning what worked for me, actually have great dps when other locks told me my talents were wrong because I learned my rotation and geared right.

I loved buying my pvp gear before I was 60 and 70 because I had the insane amount of honor to do it. 75,000 honor/25 warsong marks/ 25 Arathi marks and you got a hood but it could sit in your bank until you hit 60 and then you could throw it on. Makes no sense when they have Heirlooms, expansion gear, epics to restrict vendor gear.

I miss my counter class, When we had unique spells and abilities that had counter classes to them. Now its just CC, CC, CC, CC, wow that was a BG? Damn I played 5 minutes of a 20 minute fight.

I liked the raid system of Wrath where I felt like I mattered and had stuff to do, there was no LFR, no need for one. I logged on and I get to pug into 10 man and 25 man raids for the weekly or could go with my guild because I got the vendor 232 gear from heroics. Raids were separate gear was separate.

I was okay with seeing those in awesome raid gear and saying to myself damn I am going to try for that. I didn't get all my pieces but I enjoyed the hell out of the heroics and raids I got into and the 232 sets were good enough to do raids with pugs and my guild.

Dailies, I hated them in all expansions from TBC to MOP. Can't say they were awesome because I never enjoyed them but until MoP I never felt like I had nothing else to do when I logged in and that I had to do them for content.

I did not enjoy Kanrethad and the Green Fire Quest. It was not fun dying that many times to mechanics and spend gold on repairs for cosmetics. I have not gotten my green fire yet.

After Cataclysm which killed a lot of my motivation I was looking forward to MoP and thought how fun it would be to fight the Horde as our primary enemy again but they aren't. Its the Sha the Thunder King and now a rogue Warchief that the Horde wants gone so we are more then happy to waltz in and stop him for them. LFR seems to get worse the more they do to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beginning my masters degree in Chemistry at a good university. I play Starcraft now, I still love the idea of WoW and might come back at some point but I just don't know yet. Got a job now and a girlfriend so I don't know if I can certainly set aside time like I used to, so I've drifted to SC and Diablo.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Maybe a more important question should be "Why the hell do people keep checking the forums so regularly for updates for a game they clearly seem to despise so much they quit many years ago?"

I mean, quitting because you're low on cash or life is getting in the way but keeping an eye on updates is one thing, but quitting because of so many supposed problems but still being on the forums moaning for so long is a little like checking an Exs FB each week 3 years after you've broken up. It's not healthy.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    What I find ridiculous, are you here that do not play wow anymore, and yet come on this thread to talk about how you dislike it and how bad it is.

I can understand if your taking a break from the game but intend to start playing again, so don't have anything critical to say about it other then your just a little bored of it, but quitting the game, intending never to play it again.. yet use a fan forum to talk about how to dislike the game or how you think it and its community has issues, its truly beyond contempt.

When I stopped reading marvel comics years ago, due to cost and in general fed up what the writers were doing in the comics, I didn't hang around marvel forums years after and complained about how shit the writers were, I just quit, and didn't look back.
    #boycottchina

-The game isn't new or exciting, its repetitive as ever.
    -LFR made me see the content, why keep playing?
    -No need for character progression any more. Attain high enough iLvl, do LFR, done. Gems, enchants, etc mean NOTHING unless you raid normals.
    -Always been an opponent of dailies, its cheap content.. But Blizzard rams it down our throats.
    -The game isn't worth the time investment of joining a raiding guild.
    -It's $15/month, a dying model held alive by WoW alone. Id rather play a plethora of free games.

Im technically still subbed for a few more months because I bought like a years worth of gametime from a guildee for gold, but I have about 1 hour playtime in the last 4 months.

I never see myself returning.. If I ever returned to WoW, itd prob be a private server, but even that is unlikely.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-06-23 at 08:57 PM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Maybe a more important question should be "Why the hell do people keep checking the forums so regularly for updates for a game they clearly seem to despise so much they quit many years ago?"

I mean, quitting because you're low on cash or life is getting in the way but keeping an eye on updates is one thing, but quitting because of so many supposed problems but still being on the forums moaning for so long is a little like checking an Exs FB each week 3 years after you've broken up. It's not healthy.
    This. We're in a time in WoW where ppl quit to "speak with their money". So, they drop their sub with the ultimatum of "Fix this blizz, or I'm quitting". Those ppl don't stay away from the game. They constantly check forums to see if there are other ppl unhappy with the game, or there is a discussion like this for them to join. But don't kid yourself. If you're making threads like this, or even posting in them after you've quit, you haven't let go. And you'll be back.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    -The game isn't new or exciting, its repetitive as ever.
    -LFR made me see the content, and made me hate the game.
    -No need for character progression any more. Attain high enough iLvl, do LFR, done. Gems, enchants, etc mean NOTHING unless you raid normals.
    -Always been an opponent of dailies, its cheap content.. But Blizzard rams it down our throats.
    -The game isn't worth the time investment of joining a raiding guild.
    -It's $15/month, a dying model held alive by WoW alone. Id rather play a plethora of free games.
    FTP=PTW

A dying model that is extremely financially successful isn't a dying model. The reason so many other games are going FTP? Because they need to bring in money. Look at Swtor. They poured a fortune into that game. It fell very quickly. Going FTP makes alot of sense. A game with several million players going FTP? Not a chance. Maybe when wow goes down to 500k subscribers, you'll have your dying model applied to it. But then again, by that time Titan will probably be around.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here. Although, this raid seems interesting too, I may return early.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    This. We're in a time in WoW where ppl quit to "speak with their money". So, they drop their sub with the ultimatum of "Fix this blizz, or I'm quitting". Those ppl don't stay away from the game. They constantly check forums to see if there are other ppl unhappy with the game, or there is a discussion like this for them to join. But don't kid yourself. If you're making threads like this, or even posting in them after you've quit, you haven't let go. And you'll be back.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 08:55 PM ----------

FTP=PTW

A dying model that is extremely financially successful isn't a dying model. The reason so many other games are going FTP? Because they need to bring in money. Look at Swtor. They poured a fortune into that game. It fell very quickly. Going FTP makes alot of sense. A game with several million players going FTP? Not a chance. Maybe when wow goes down to 500k subscribers, you'll have your dying model applied to it. But then again, by that time Titan will probably be around.
    Thats prob the #1 misconception right there^

F2P is more financially successful than P2P

Per accounts its close to $30/month income.

Because it allows the most-addicted people to invest in their accounts a lot more than the $15/month model allows. Some people put thousands of dollars in their game each year. And it allows the poorer people to retain playing. It doesn't shut the door on people.

WoW actually has already moved into the F2P market via mounts, pets, etc and other sellable in-game items. That is what most F2P sales are, cosmetics, convenience. The best, most powerful, items are still only attainable by killing the bosses.

I guarantee 10 years from now youll look back on your post and regret ever defending p2p.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-06-23 at 09:54 PM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

While im not gone for good 4.3 had me unsub purely because after the first day i had literally nothing to do. I'll probably be back for 5.4 but theres just no reason to sub right now for me.

I think on the whole people are being put off because i dont think people really know what blizzard is capable of anymore and so some feel they are putting content out too fast and thats detrimental to the content or they are just pandering to low expectations and that allows them to 'slum it'.

Id personally disagree with that, but its a very common mindset, just look at sites like wow insider. People ask about stuff like new models and the writers first response is "blizzard only has so much time, you cant expect them to do X in a good time" when we see other mmos do exactly that. Personally i think the infamous "year of ICC" damaged their reputation in terms of release times and people have actually lowered their expectations for blizzard. So every announcement is met with "NOT ENOUGH BLIZZ, IM MAD AND QUITTIN!" from a small number of people.

Trouble is for smaller severs those small numbers add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You say "you'll be back" like some sort of certainty. Why? And what if for example I have no longer need or will to play WoW in its current form and would not go back to it becouse I have games which I find more fun. But since I spent so many years playing WoW I still visit MMOChamp and such becouse I want to stay informed about what is going on with WoW. Perhaps next expansion will be awesome. Perhaps not. Perhaps they will do something great with the game. Perhaps not. Whatever will happen, I want to know it so I can either get excited and try to get into the game again or I can laugh hard how Ghostcrawler is destroying the game further* (* - personal subjective opinion, not a fact). Either way if they DONT do any drastic changes to WoW into direction which I would like, I will NOT be back. So please dont imply things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading all these complaints makes me damn glad you all left.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

The first thing that drove me away was the boring leveling/design of Cataclysm - particularly endgame. I'll be the first to admit that Wrath LFD dungeons have spoiled me (in a VERY good way) where I discovered that fun doesn't require bashing my head in a car door for over an hour. Don't get me wrong! I'll admit the heroics were excellently tuned where every trash pack required effective CC and focus firing... but while I was fine with it during Vanilla and BC, I found it STUPENDOUSLY boring and teedius today - especially after the enjoyment I had via Wrath Heroics via LFD. Not to mention the designs in Wrath were so much better. I felt like I was raiding effective bases... but Cata made me feel like it was just running through random rooms and hallways (BC boring design).

I came back upon hearing of Darkmoon Isle, LFR and the 3 new dungeons. LOVED Darkmoon Isle with a passion! LFR was great for my now-casual going self, but the design of the 3 dungeons were pitiful (lack of a design, really), as 2 were just Northrend reskins (applies to the raid too) but the third was neat (was formerly meant to be a raid zone...). The problem here though is that they separated the queue for those 3 dungeons from the older heroics. So nobody with good gear was running the older heroics, and people got SEVERELY burnt out of the new 3 because that's all they ran over and over and OVER again for weeks. Wrath didn't have that problem as all 13 dungeons were in the queue, which meant you didn't burn out as quickly.

I had high hopes for Pandaria... but what drove me away before the expansion launch was the implementation of CRZ (I play only on a PVE server, so don't call me some PVP whiner about CRZ). When that came in, a great deal of my endgame fun dissapeared and it wasn't worth my time - and in protest I left, and will stay gone until there's either a viable opt-out option, or the overworld is changed to be cooperative in design, not individually competitive. Its like every zone became launch-day annoyingness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Yeah? You enjoyed everything else about the game, was raiding it up, had a few alts, enjoyed farming items and gold, had good times with your guild and friends, the whole nine yards, and then they introduced a shop for vanity items, and that just made you quit the game right there? Even though it had basically existed since vanilla with the wow TCG?

This has to be ironic, my mind can't deal with someone existing who can say something like this genuinely.
    I don't quit the game over the damn shop, but i'm with the guy you replied to.
    It's highly annoying that you pay for the game, and they drop things in you have to pay extra for.
    It's not even possible to obtain in the game.

Also some of their options isn't even legal in some countries so you can't even get it at all :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

All Cataclysm Patches after the initial. Every new Patch was a new low. It is even worse because it started so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Nothing fresh. Blizzard became content with the type of content they were putting out there, dailies etc. The constant simplification of everything doesn't keep someone like me around, it only works to drive me away faster.

As much as people rail against the old school way the game was played, I'm one that happened to prefer it. Yea it sucked sitting in a city spamming for people to join your BRD run that you are tryign to do to help a friend. But also remember, after actually having to find your own group and go in to a dungeon with them, you didn't have people calling it quits just because they died once, or because something was too hard. People stuck that shit out.-snip-
    Oh... no no no... no they did not "Stick that shit out".

I might agree with you with those who quit after dying ONCE... but after 3 times? Yeah - there was usually much rage quitting... MUCH rage quitting in Vanilla and BC that I remember. Very few times did we ever stick it out within a pug (by the way, I was not one of those who ragequit. I was one of those who sat for 30 minutes in Scarlet Monestary asking my guild for a tank or another person to fill our missing spot...)

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    1. The subscription cost. I tire of paying an absurd amount of money over time for a game that entertains me no more than one time purchases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyros View Post
    2. $60+ per patch

Waiting for patches while content gets stale just grinds away my patients, especially when the patches don't bring much to the table. Paying for new daily content had really annoyed me, too.

Remember the content-lul of Cataclysm? That 9 month gap between Dragon Soul and Mists? $135. Tack on another $40 for the expansion. They got paid for nothing in that time-frame; pre-patch sub fees were used for said patch, MoP was entering open beta.

I got to admit that that was a huge impact on me too in later times.

I was gone for over a year between the month I quit (1 month into Cata) and the implementation of the Dragon Soul patch.

That's $180 I saved.

What did I miss in that time?

2 troll rehash dungeons, Firelands Raid and the Firelands Zone.

That's it... for $180

For $180 I could buy THREE brand-new Video Games for $60 (more if used).

One of those games I played was Skyrim... where I put well over a thousand hours into.

I've begun to realize my $180 isn't going very far anymore. I used to think it was as I didn't buy new games every month anymore - but now I've discovered that there are some DAMN good games out there that can last me months with a one-time purchase.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-06-24 at 12:20 AM.

For me it was a combination of factors: my friends had all but migrated to Star Wars about half way through Cataclysm. After that I tried to find a guild that was at least an adequate replacement and was unable to. Then time restrictions increased and $15/mo wasn't worth the small amount I was playing. Also, the pace seemed quite frenetic and I wasn't able to keep up with it, so I moved on.