Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Still playing, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I like my MMOs Western fantasy.
    I like how you think all the previous expansions were pure western fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekudar View Post
    That seems to be the case for me. I only started playing WOW when WOTLK was already out, actually Ulduar was already out when I started playing, but I got to feel this feel of community : I started leveling a prot warrior, but only got him to around lvl 40, then I switched to a Warlock, I got my Warlock all the way to lvl 80 and realized I did not like the idea of DPS in raids. So I went back to my Warrior, by the time I got to 80 and started Heroics to gear up to be a tank I ran into people that had my character in their friend lists because they liked how I tanked and how I behaved.

That is completely gone now, you can hit lvl 90 without talking to a living person at all. I love the game and the lore, but it has been changed to give everybody fast epics, mounts and cool stuff to keep people paying to play.
    Yes, even though people say the LFD in wrath destroyed the community; it wasn't until mid-ICC did I really notice it, and it was more the explosion of gearscore requirements over the personal connection of taking someone to a dummy with recount and seeing what they could do, analyze their rotation/priority, see their numbers, and ask them question. The latter was community building and allowed you to find people that had unrefined talent, so you could recruit them and build them up in your guild after watching their raid performance. The prior is the attitude of 'let's get this done, it is work, not fun; I want my loots/gold'.

I was in a meh guild, but they were nice, friendly, fun. Because they lacked in progression, and were 10m; I'd get pulled in as a substitute into 25s with people I'd ran with in pugs and added me to their list. I'd get asked to come to 10s a lot too, since my guild didn't necessarily run every week.

Back then, you could be known for being a good player, without advertising yourself. Now, you can be good, but it doesn't matter any longer. No one cares about much other than cutting edge progression, or ultimate ease of access (overgearing to extreme).

Then you add the rest of the negative aspects of the community, the lack of cohesion of guilds, even the large ones, it is more like being in the DMV (bunch of random people bullshitting, no real sense of community), the amount of trolls and leechers/afkers, the arrogant elitists and stubborn don't cares. The questing experience is shit, because people try to tag shit right before you hit it, but part of that has to do with quest design and intention.

It is just sad to have watched the community fall so much, across all the servers I was on.

Add to that, the amount of grind and restriction in place. You grind their way, and their way only. Alts are/were near impossible to enjoy. Catching up takes too long; let's say a friend wanted me to come raid with them for 5.4; there is a real chance I couldn't get geared in time because drop rates are such shit, unless they straight up carried me through all the content; and I don't want to be carried. The wrath model of farming your emblems worked. You could gear up in a couple days, but you farmed the hell out of heroics to do it (when LFD was live; it took you a while prior to that). Your effort chose your progression. Now, you can put in the effort you did post-LFD wrath, but your efforts have less than half the reward ... The problem? They've basically stated that the path is 'crafted pvp gear > LFR' ... spend gold on ah for gear - not my form of progression; I'd rather farm heroics to buy gear from a vendor, than just go throw a few k away on some pvp set.

I loved the game. I still am intrigued by parts of the lore. I hate what they did to my favorite classes/specs. But I'm not spiteful; and don't expect the game to cater to me.

If only one or two of the things I don't like were there; I'd still be playing, but the combination of all of it; plus the new shit they pull every couple months; just keeps me away. Doesn't mean I want others to enjoy it less; good for anyone, you are spending money, you damn well better enjoy it

Deleted
    started with cataclysm, from lvl 1 to 80 you build up your hp slowly up to say like 28k hp (geared), then cataclysm hits with 5 lvls more you gain another 90-100k+hp how?
    also the vanilla zones re-made, vanilla raids made into dungeons and it really made me feel like that Blizz was just not caring about the game anymore. played through half cata, lvl up alts.. but then left.

MoP hits, waited 6 months or longer, tried it out but its just same old same old, only 1 char up to 90 didnt care about my alts and i left again after a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    This is essentially why I quit as well. There are a lot of people sure, but it's not the mmo model that it was founded on.
    The MMO model of what? Nothing that came before it had close to the numbers. Hell any server that anyone claims is a ghost town still has more active players than the most populated server on the MMO predecessors of WoW.. Hell people and their belief that if you can see the road in Org/SW then it isn't populated enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    If blizzard never merged with activision no cash shop would be needed as they were private company and not publicly listed. With the drop in subs more revenue needs to come in to keep the shareholders happy.
    Blizzard wasn't interested in money before joining Activision. Those were the good days when Blizzard would release a game such as Warcraft and we'd all merrily skip to Babbage's and just ask for our free copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 man.10 amn share so less raiding =less ppl in ym low/dead
    with flex raiding & Realm community(realm merge) coming 5.4 this Should Bring me back to a a raiding fun time. specially since no share id.

What really drove em away was the Blizzard resource excuse of Can't do this cause if we do this u Cant get raid. i'm like wtf Ya got fucking soo much money. its bullshit.patch 5.3 was a joke. some weekly quest that in high med/full realm takes 20-45min the most dead/low realm 4hrs+.
    solo scenario are good but cmon that shouldn't be main thing in between patch @ least with dungeon u could have 5 people doing it non-stop.

what also driving me away its all these new bullshit stuff for pet store. paid to play game shouldn't have soo much microwhatever u call it item for high price.

The ability to queue for anything, anywhere, anytime. Completely destroyed the immersive experience overall.

being driven away because of cosmetic items that increase someone else enjoyment of the game is a poor excuse for anything.
    You foolish people keep shoehorning everyone's distaste for the cash shop into some hate for someone else's personal enjoyment. Hop off your self righteous cloud. Cosmetic gear and mounts being developed for a cash shop only approach directly impacts the world of the game, not because everyone has access to it, but because it has been removed from obtainablility within the world. Only a few items compare to the quality of pets, mounts, and now cosmetic gear available from the shop. It should be available in the game from farming achievements, a vendor, or random sets of mobs. Period.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    All my friends quit.

Not that I agree with them, but the Chinese expansion is a failure to impress. If I wanted an Asian MMO I would play Guildwars2
    I think you mean Tera, Guild Wars 2 is nothing like an asian MMO
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

I quit because Blizzard legalized gold selling via the guardian cub.

Never coming back unless they reverse that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    The MMO model of what? Nothing that came before it had close to the numbers. Hell any server that anyone claims is a ghost town still has more active players than the most populated server on the MMO predecessors of WoW.. Hell people and their belief that if you can see the road in Org/SW then it isn't populated enough.
    The model that vanilla released with.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    The model that vanilla released with.
    The model based on being the easiest and most casual friendly MMO on the market? Yeah I'd say they still have that same model.

The model based on being the easiest and most casual friendly MMO on the market? Yeah I'd say they still have that same model.
    When you define it as loosely as you do of course it fits into your definition. Don't be fucking coy. It had strong MMO elements upon release that it kept for 3-4 years before it started changing how the game functioned as a whole.

MoP, right after i found out that instead of a big alliance and horde clash, there will be only a allliance&horde vs garrosh raid who is hiding at the basement of actual Orgrimmar. That is several steps back in the story progression. I was promised a war against the alliance....i shall be called "The Betrayed" now.

The other reasion is, i think MoPs farming level is the same of a browersgame, right now. Can't be arsed.

10+ Year Old Account
    vanilla mmo. player every where doing Group quest. Group quest req 3-5 player killing Elite. Group Quest where u can't just solo the guy with a golden dragon or else you get pwned. where you see player in /1 general asking for help or LFM doing certain quest in that zone and not the /insert anal,chuck norris joke with murlocks movie title...

removing elites monster and removing Group quest was a downfall to grouping up with stranger of your own realm.

now a day wow has little mmo action going on. they trying to bring it back with there new (well gw2) dynamic events.close u get now a day are the world boss. were i am glad they brought them back, while it suck to get a group on low/dead realms.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I left right after MoP release. I came back a few times, in hopes it would improve.......it didn't. For starters the game is WAY to old. Even with expansion and updates....Just way to old. Second the game isn't taken seriously anymore. Progression guilds quitting, and frankly so are raiding guilds. Not to mention CRZ, Dailies, and Cash Shop. Honestly I wish at this point.....Blizz would just let the game die. It's just a walking corpse of it's former self. A corpse colonized by casuals maggot players. The only way I'd ever consider playing this game again, would be if they did a WoW 2.0, and stop with the casual bullshit.

Also there is no social aspect to the game anymore.
    Last edited by hambadger; 2013-07-21 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    I left right after MoP release. I came back a few times, in hopes it would improve.......it didn't. For starters the game is WAY to old. Even with expansion and updates....Just way to old. Second the game isn't taken seriously anymore. Progression guilds quitting, and frankly so are raiding guilds. Not to mention CRZ, Dailies, and Cash Shop. Honestly I wish at this point.....Blizz would just let the game die. It's just a walking corpse of it's former self. A corpse colonized by casuals maggot players. The only way I'd ever consider playing this game again, would be if they did a WoW 2.0, and stop with the casual bullshit.

Also there is no social aspect to the game anymore.
    Hate to bust your fucken bubble but wow has and always will be casual. That was one of its major selling points.

You think Vanilla or TBC was hard go play Everquest. So tired of people saying "OOO WOW IS CASUAL NOW UNLIKE BEFORE" if you got a reason you quit fine state it but if that is the reason then you really need to dig deeper because was has and always will be the most Casual MMO.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    I see a ton of people here saying the reason they stopped raiding was due to dead realms or due to guilds splitting or losing raiding core when going down to 10 man. Both of these are being addressed in 5.4 - virtual realms will repopulate all realms in cities, merge auction houses, basically join each battlegroup into it's own server for the most part. Flexi raids are also coming in 5.4, where you can raid with any number of people between 10 and 25. So you just take whoever wants to go, and if that totals 16 people, you just raid with those 16 people.
    This doesn't generate money for the company (the virtual realms will likely cut down on transfer sales) and is a huge benefit to the player base, and neither cost a penny. It prolongs the life of the game and only serves to restore a core fundamental of the game's fun - playing with friends and having fun. So I don't quite see where you're coming from.
    I think where they are coming from is they quit before 5.4 so the 5.4 changes really don't help
    I know the 5.4 changes are too little too late for me as well, I broke my foot really badly in November, couldn't play for a few weeks and in that time away from the game I realised how bad it had become :/ I was basically only logging in to raid so once I stopped doing that it was easy enough to quit completely. The fact my server was pretty much dead except my guild didn't help, maybe just maybe if they had done merged realms back at the start of MOP I might of still been playing.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hate to bust your fucken bubble but wow has and always will be casual. That was one of its major selling points.

You think Vanilla or TBC was hard go play Everquest. So tired of people saying "OOO WOW IS CASUAL NOW UNLIKE BEFORE" if you got a reason you quit fine state it but if that is the reason then you really need to dig deeper because was has and always will be the most Casual MMO.
    I played EQ and EQ2. Sorry not some kid like many of you. At the start WoW was not casual lol. Did you ever have to do the Vanilla grind just to get your first epic mount? What about 40 mans? The OP asked for reasons why we quit. I stated mine and I was honest about it. I'm not going to sugar coat facts. The game became casual in WOTLK! That is when the subs started bleeding out. It's just kept going from there. Sorry bud numbers don't lie. You have google......fucking use it, instead of smelling your own ego down below. Better yet put on a big diaper, your gonna need it. You talk a lot of shit.

Go play Runescape and stfu