Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You don't find it ironic that your misspelled username and avatar calls you out for vote-kicking someone for doing what they enjoy doing or spending their money on something they enjoy?

as said before none of that has anything to do with the topic at hand. please Stop derailing the thread.

BTW I know how to spell Aleister Crowley. Aleister has about 32 different variations. The user name is spelled that way on purpose.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-07-22 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    What drove you away from WoW?
    Catering to mouthbraeathers. Botters, spammers, attention seekers and similar mentally challenged assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mx View Post
    I was talking about your views on lfr and the helmets.
    Both things have nothing to do with this thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haloa View Post
    Catering to mouthbraeathers. Botters, spammers, attention seekers and similar mentally challenged assholes.
    The game has always been that way

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    The game has always been that way
    Indeed it was. However, degree is the key. WoW devolved from douchebag tolerant to dochebag friendly to douchebag centered.

Panderia was such a boring continent to me, pretty much every zone was the same thing. Plus, after playing since vanilla the whole grind of everything just got boring.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me the journey of progression ended, I know this is a bit odd but bear with me :P

Previously you would progress through content, your reward for completing one boss was to have the next one revealed to you and the journey would continue. As it is now the journey in my mind ends the first day of resubbing with lei shens death, I find it very hard to get involved in the game when that is the case.

I did resub for MOPs start up to heart of fear. When we cleared it in very good time for our commitment to it, I felt nothing where previously I had relished progressing. I had already killed the boss weeks before with zero effort.

I am aware that normal modes and hardmodes are not the same fights but i cant shake the feeling my journey through each wow expansion is over.

Baseline resilience.

And among all the crap, straw that broke camel's back was:
    "No, we have not eased up on cheaters. Not one little bit. Preventing and stopping this behaviour is something we're really passionate about"
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...rs-have-to-go/

When I saw this bullshit brought to us by blue poster Takralus, valiant defender of bots, afkers, and similar retarded scum, I decided that I am not going to sponsor this shit anymore.

See, they are "passionate" about stopping bots. I guess we should be grateful, imagine how random BGs would look like if blizzard wasn't "passionate" about stopping bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much Every Single Thing pandaland brought to the table and tore from my beloved HoT period of Cata.

Well.. that and something in the expansion caused my system to regularly and exclusively die/bluescreen without explanation and beyond any reasonable hope of a fix. Now all I can do is lurk on the fringes, missing my rp community and hoping that either another mmo will emerge that I can tolerate (swtors rp servers are dead or unplayable. GW2 is a fucking joke and Neverwinter: lel) or that whatever comes next fixes every one of my problems
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Other hobbies, funnily enough I used to feel like when I wasn't playing WoW I was wasting time (watching movies, reading books, etc) yet now its the complete opposite.

I try to log in daily but I can go offline now days for a full week without a problem.

Boredom mostly. I have almost all the class to lvl 90 except rogue and monk.

Deleted
    - LFR.
    - Too easy 5man heroics.
    - Ridiculous itemlevel gaps between tiers.
    - Horrendously poor written story in the dailies.
    - Asian theme doesn't fit my perferences, especially the ridiculous voice-acting of Americans trying to sound Chinese.
    - Uninspiring raid environments (mechanics are great, but the actual raidscenes are just.... boring).
    - Boring zones to level alts in.
    - Old community getting more and more replaced by idiots (maybe that just means me getting older, way in my 30s now...).
    - Re-discovered singleplayer gaming and bought about 150 games on steam that i missed out on in all the years of WoW.

What made me stay away forever, not hestitating to come back at all:

- Servers drying out of players and Blizzard doing nothing about it, still charging 20 euros or so per character for a transfer (like: gtfo! if it was 20 euros for all chars on a server to another i would consider it.....).
    - Adding of a real currency store in a game with a preium subscription (seriously, is this still Blizzard or did EA take over the game?).
    - Again refurbishing scenery for a raid (sie of orgrimmar using same type of "around-the-world copypaste" as DS).
    - Adding yet another raid difficulty (as if 3 wasn't enough, flexraid is ok, but then they should remove LFR).

I didn't quit WoW, WoW quit being WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    I didn't quit WoW, WoW quit being WoW.
    Pretty much this. WoW just doesn't feel like WoW anymore. They slowly changed it into a entirely different game. Its great that its got 8 million subs or whatever and a ton of loyal defenders, but I just can't get into it anymore.

Deleted
    originally i left wow coz i was bored that was basically it

@ crisisvacant: You weren't paying attention, were you? Try reading OP's post and the comments that follow (in chronological order) and you might just find that your criticism is ill-informed.
    I used to be snow white, but I drifted...

Deleted
    I get bored - i leave

I get bored when unsubbed - I come back

NERVER ENDING CYCLE.

But i'm okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    The fact that it's not a MMORPG anymore.

Really ought to be renamed 'SPORPG'...
    I used to be snow white, but I drifted...

RL & Mists of Pandaria. Got away some for RL reasons then with MoP came out, tried it and got bored. I hate the Asian flavor, no offense to anyone, that's just me. MoP zones are boring. MoP dailies are monotonous. MoP reputations are too confusing to figure out and I don't care if i have rep or not. MoP raids all look the same and I could not name one of them by sight so I quit raiding a while back. PvP is wrecked, at least from my standpoint as a healer, it started in Cataclysm but there is just way too much CC. Scenarios haven't done it for me and there aren't enough enjoyable 5 man dungeons. MoP seems to have just taken guild killing to the next level and there is no social element to the game. You queue up and play without even speaking to your party unless you are in a raid and you just listen to 2 people argue over strategy. I still have an account but don't play as much but when I do, I usually just level another toon and enjoy the old world - what is left of it. Man, I sure loved Outlands and BC.

It is what players want yet the subscriptions are down. Does that mean the people that are cancelling subs aren't really logging on and playing? If so, Blizzard isn't making the game to make money but to make people actually play. Hmm, I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Now the question (since some quit looong ago and not for RL reasons but because they started to hate what the game became...) what keeps you coming to the forum?