Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Think I've posted before inn here but;

1. No carrot to chase. Feels like I've done everything the game has to offer, from decent/average/casual raiding for many years, to collecting pretty much everything.

2. Many bad game designs such as a drop down menu instead off actual content (Get ride off raiding modes)

3. Inn general being bored, and not having a goal with the game.

4. Would I love to play and enjoy the game as much as I did back inn say 2005-2009? Yes, it would be more than fantastic. But until Blizzard leans......
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    The community pretty much drove me away.

Deleted
    I am still subbed but this expansion will be the last for me. It will not matter how great or bad the next expansion is. Many friends left the game already, my server gets smaller everyday and after so much years, the game just get boring, there were fun times but everything hast to come to an end. Its funny but it took me 2 boring expansions to get over the game.

The argent tourney: Releasing an entire raid with limited original graphical assets was a poor plan after Ulduar; and all those dailies were ominous.
    Mastery and forced final tier speccing: These two thing at the beginning of Cataclysm encourage me to wait and see rather than resub. They over limited player diversity.
    The Cash shop: As a potentially returning player, seeing things I would pursue in game only attainable through real cash set a final objective that didn't require playing.
    Cataclysm seemed fun, but by the time I had time to play it LFR was introduced. I saw the last bit of Cata story on a week of free time. Story and art assets are my carrot, and I got the carrot.
    Pandaria didn't appeal to me, and dailies were so much a part of the process that I was sick of them during beta testing. Also, very few, very short five man dungeons didn't work out. Then there's the Pandaria story of fighting against the physical manifestation of bad feelings which reminded me of Carebears a bit too much. The talent trees of course are the expected result of the mastery and forced speccing from pre-cataclysm. I could really harp on Pandaria for awhile, but to be fair it had to be pretty amazing to draw me back at this point.

-Dumbing down of the talent trees from 71 points to ..... zero
    -Dailies! Thousands of them, and they're required if you want to contribute to end game raiding. I hate dailies, they should be optional, as they always have been prior to MoP.
    -This was recently fixed, but the time it formerly took to level from 85 to 90.....good lord.
    -The gear gap in MoP... If I come back, get a toon to 90 and start gearing.....346 blues for a decade...once a week LFR's.... Maybe I'll catch up to my guild by 7.0

Iv been subbed since 2006 I doubt I will ever unsub tbh, even if I take breaks, I stay subbed. The money I pay to keep subbed is pocket change really for me. I like to support the company that has given me entertainment for years. Plus this is the best expansion to date even if I don't like the theme very much.

I'm just over it. Loved it for what it was, and the time spent within the world, but I've been playing off and on since beta. I need to change things up. Every hour I spend in the game now kinda pulls at me and says "you could be putting this time into something new".
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Blizzard and their idiotic decisions to completely change the game every single expansion. Don't fix shit that ain't broke. That and the fact that I played it way to much, non-stop while I still liked it and kind of burnt myself out on it. Also, after we killed the Lich King, all meaningful lore ended.....what we've gotten since the launch of Cataclysm has been pretty much whatever the hell a monkey has thrown shit at and Blizzard goes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I'm just over it. Loved it for what it was, and the time spent within the world, but I've been playing off and on since beta. I need to change things up. Every hour I spend in the game now kinda pulls at me and says "you could be putting this time into something new".
    Even though I'm still loving WoW, I do try a lot of games, by that I mean probably every MMO out no lie.. it's a problem. But apart from that I come to find anything new I find does not have the small things WoW does, like inspecting someone across the world seeing their gear talents and glyphs, how well /who works, how easy the interface is. The amount of addons WoW has.. hell their phasing still beats most. It's just such a good game that way I have trouble moving on.

Even though with age other mmo's might acquire every little detail like wow has over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Blizzard and their idiotic decisions to completely change the game every single expansion. Don't fix shit that ain't broke. That and the fact that I played it way to much, non-stop while I still liked it and kind of burnt myself out on it. Also, after we killed the Lich King, all meaningful lore ended.....what we've gotten since the launch of Cataclysm has been pretty much whatever the hell a monkey has thrown shit at and Blizzard goes with it.
    Summarizes my feeling about WoW too. I have been unsubbed to WoW since first tier of Cata. MOP has been the worst disaster. I will not come back to WoW ever unless the next expak is some awesomeness with
    1. real lore (legion, Xoroth, Sargeras, Azshara) and
    2. lot of content (>9 zone continent and lot of slow questing, no rehashed content, no repetition (too many dailies)) and
    3. little or no irritation (no more talk of LFR/flex/shit changes, further destroying talent trees, cash shop, pandas and such silly childish creatures)

It became too much of a game rather than a world.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Well I don't think I've quit just yet, but the fact that my realm is a ghost town and that all of my level capped characters are on it, I don't really feel compelled to continue playing, or paying to move all of those characters.
    Running pugs, trade raffles, random invasions on Org late at night, or going over old content for mounts and achieves, and meeting new people was a lot of fun. None of that goes on anymore.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-08-04 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    Having everything I ever wanted drove me away completely.

Because I had nothing to do basically. I could've done some pvp, but wasn't interested in that part of the game.

Sold my account and started a new one 3 weeks ago and actually started to enjoy the game again.

Just plain old burnout. I'd been playing since late Vanilla and just didn't really enjoy it much anymore. I quit a year ago, but I still get cravings to play it again. Plus, I don't have much interest in this expansion at all.

Deleted
    Left when they announced the new cash shop helms.

Deleted
    Cataclysm drove me off, MoP has brought me back in a major way. I cant see myself quitting any time soon.

pet pvp
    new talent system
    Dumbing down of game, in both pve/pvp/leveling.
    The merge with activision making blizzard loyal to stockholders rather then customers.
    All classes fell alike an is boring.
    Pve have become to easy.
    There is probably more that i cant think about right now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It used to be that when you saw an elite, you needed a group of 5 (a long, long time ago) to even come close to beating it. Now everyone's like, "oh man! An elite! Look at that it has 2 mill HP? PFFT I can handle that easily; I just need to pop some cooldowns and I'll be fine."

Honestly after I watched the debut for Everquest Next it just burnt me out completely on WoW to the point that I don't want to log in and raid with my guild anymore.

The game is so dated it took a slap in the face to make me realize it. I would rather sit and participate in the EQ Next forums with constructive ideas then wait for Blizzard to make any unlikely changes. While people that have already purchased their Blizzcon tickets I'm sorry. You probably won't hear anything about Titan and all they have to offer is a new expansion of the same drawn out shit.

The thing that matters the most here is the person playing also enjoying the game. If you still enjoy WoW because of friends or family by all means keep playing. But keep an eye out on EQ N.

www.everquestnext.com Just so you can experience it for yourself. Also go to twitch.tv/soe and watch the videos with the commentary so you know exactly what's going on. eqnexus.com has the class panel QA's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Whatever problems Shadow priests have, have nothing to do with Mobility. And Shadow seriously shouldn't see any sort of buff before Disc is nerfed into the ground. Because right now any sort of buff that could in any way trickle into disc, would turn the damn thing into the incarnation of Jesus Christ the Avenger, as the definition of demigod would be insufficient.

I had multiple 25man raiding guilds break up on me. My server also dried up, no good remaining selection for 25man raiding. So it was either go shopping around, pay Blizzard $25 per attempt at a new server, or give up.