• Romney

16 16.67%
  • McCain

13 13.54%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think we would of been better of with Mitt Romney or John McCain

Yes I am aware that the elections are over for like a 1. But do you think Obama did more damage then they would have
    click one of them to say how much damage each one of them would of done and leave a answer of what you think would of happened to the US

Sorry I just had to throw this in their 18+ this is how america would be if Romney ( This is a joke ) was elected

Last edited by Zangeiti; 2013-06-22 at 03:34 PM.

Do you think it would have made any difference at all?

Kind of a loaded question, but I'll bite.

I don't think things would have been worse. I think that financially, the country would be in better shape, and other than that, things would be basically the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I think Sarah Palin should have run for presidency and won.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes each of them had different reform plans. Different ideas on how to keep the country alive

I've come to believe in the theory that our presidents are just puppets for corporations and it doesn't make a difference who wins the election...

oh and off topic but just get this off my chest, communism is a type of economic system not a social political view.

Deleted
    Republicans have NO place in modern politics. Some of the shit that comes out of their mouths is contemptible and it goes unpunished by their colleagues. It says even more when you consider how many loons the Republican party has... It wouldn't be AS bad if it was just one or two, most parties have someone with a few screws loose... But I think it says a lot about the Republican party that they attract so many morons to represent the people.

I don't think things would be any different at all, personally. People give the president too much credit/flak. He is just one person and at the end of the day, he can't make massive changes in such a short period of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all of them were bad some of htem actually had good ideas but like you said there colleagues passed them over to go to the crazy's but don't forget their are allot of famous republicans like Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, And Ronald Reagan ( but those were from the past ) Today we had George Bush for two turns -_-

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Republicans have NO place in modern politics. Some of the shit that comes out of their mouths is contemptible and it goes unpunished by their colleagues. It says even more when you consider how many loons the Republican party has... It wouldn't be AS bad if it was just one or two, most parties have someone with a few screws loose... But I think it says a lot about the Republican party that they attract so many morons to represent the people.
    Sorry, but you really need a life. If you bash people whos opinions differ from you this much, just move to iraq and be done with it, the people there would love to hear your opinions on how they are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly Mccain, but definitely not Romney. I have liked republican and democrat presidents, so i dont know how to classify myself as im not into politics. I want the governor of new jersey to run for president. Hes a brawler.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Agreed. While Romney may not have been able to change anything too drastically for the worse he certainly would have stained the progress we've been making on getting national health care legitimized as well as added fuel to the fire of bigots on abortion/gay rights.

McCain. I just feel he is the smarter of the two underneath all the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox2223 View Post
    Sorry, but you really need a life. If you bash people whos opinions differ from you this much, just move to iraq and be done with it, the people there would love to hear your opinions on how they are wrong.
    Bashing people or party's that continually lie and propagate bigotry and ignorance isn't picking on an opinion, it's picking on the stupidity of said platform. Also, I'm pretty sure Iraq would rather welcome in open arms Conservatives who embrace misogynist attitudes and homophobia rather than liberal ideals of freedom and equality.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The People you vote have nothing to say and the people who have to say are not elected.

So whoever is President, it would have happend anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower
    These men were Republicans by the definition at the time. Many of their ideals and positions (like Teddy being strong pro-union/anti-corporation) would today get them called RINOs at best and pretty much shunned/kicked out at worst. They certainly wouldn't be held up as a star or nominated for President, let alone elected.

That being said, I think people severely underestimate the 'outside factors' that have gotten us to where we are today. Only changing the executive branch would alter that very very very little, if at all.

I voted against them both, McCain because he consistently displayed poor judgement on the campaign trail (Sarah Palin being the nadir), and Romney because he was the worst sort of politician imaginable: disingenuous, fake, constantly pandering toward the worst elements of his base, out of touch, and terrible at the very basics of politics.

I could understand why people supported McCain though. He had his war record, and his time as a senator has included a lot of high-ranking legislation and bipartisan outreach. But Romney? I honestly struggle to find much of anything positive to say about him. He was the sorriest excuse for a candidate I've seen in either party since, what, Dukakis?

Their policies would have been deeply different from Obama's though. Anyone who thinks McCain would have done health care reform, for example, or Romney would have forced the House GOP to make tax concessions over the fiscal cliff is kidding themselves.
    Last edited by logintime; 2013-06-22 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't change a thing. If you think this country is currently being run on Obama's policies you are either naive or an idiot. The balance of power is currently weighted heavily to the Legislative branch. And with the filibuster being abused in the way it is no large scale policy changes could possibly be implemented there. Especially so with no supermajority in either branch. The only way for the Executive to do anything atm is through Executive Orders and even then there is a limit to what can be done with those.

Simply put we have a lame duck GOVERNMENT at the moment. Not president. Romney or McCain would be in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    Do you think it would have made any difference at all?
    Yes, I think we'd have additional boots on the ground in some hell-hole of a war zone if McCain had been elected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox2223 View Post
    Right, so disagreeing with contemptible comments made with alarming frequency means I don't have a life. Good to know.