10+ Year Old Account

Time Warner Cable buys Insight Communications

As of recently, Time Warner Cable bought out Insight Communications. Prior to the transaction, Insight Communications was my Internet Service Provider. Post-transaction, I now have Time Warner Cable. As far as I know, they're still out of Lexington, KY but ever since they made the transition, my internet has been absolute garbage.

Before it became Time Warner Cable, my MS in World of Warcraft sat at 40/40. After the transition, my MS averages 500/500. My browsing experience, regardless of browser, is beyond slow, and my upload and download speeds have dropped dramatically. When my in-game MS drops every now and again -- briefly -- I still experience large lag spikes and it has made the game all but playable.

I'm curious to know if there's anyone here that was using Insight Communications before June 10th and if they're experiencing similar problems to what I've mentioned above after it became Time Warner Cable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your font bothers me. And a doubt a company changing hands causes your internet to tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Your font bothers me. And a doubt a company changing hands causes your internet to tank.
    Okay, Comic Sans. I've all the reasons I need to believe that what has happened, has actually caused everything to go to crap. Everything was fine up until Insight was bought.

As a long time comcast customer, and just a little shorter time a comcast hater, we went through periods of very bad service speed that eventually resolve themselves. We reported them to comcast.. they didn't care or believe us. We did find out long ago that they have business accounts they charge more for, and have faster connections. After the first time we complained we were met with the cute "have you considered upgrading to business internet?"

Consider doing an IP reset and see if that changes things.

I had the same problem (on Insight, now TWC). It lasted for two weeks, then an IP change (it changed dramatically) happened and everything has been better since.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Just wait until you have to deal with TWC customer service. It might be the worst customer service out of any major company in the world. They are completely inept at fixing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    As of recently, Time Warner Cable bought out Insight Communications. Prior to the transaction, Insight Communications was my Internet Service Provider. Post-transaction, I now have Time Warner Cable. As far as I know, they're still out of Lexington, KY but ever since they made the transition, my internet has been absolute garbage.

Before it became Time Warner Cable, my MS in World of Warcraft sat at 40/40. After the transition, my MS averages 500/500. My browsing experience, regardless of browser, is beyond slow, and my upload and download speeds have dropped dramatically. When my in-game MS drops every now and again -- briefly -- I still experience large lag spikes and it has made the game all but playable.

I'm curious to know if there's anyone here that was using Insight Communications before June 10th and if they're experiencing similar problems to what I've mentioned above after it became Time Warner Cable?
    i had bad net for a few days when they did the switch over but i waited a few days and then reset my router and everythings been fine since.