Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tier sets for classes

Am I the only one that thinks this expansion is by far the worst looking for class tiers. I mean everything just looks so generic to me and it looks like they spent no time at all trying to make them look good. The only good looking sets to come out in MOP are the challenge mode sets.

And the point of this thread is...?
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

well i liked the sets but the new ones for pvp season 14 looks all the same to me :|

I've never complained about tier sets before, but I think that the t14 and t15 DK sets are the worst looking sets designed.

Art is subjective so does it really matter?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like dk t15 especially the shoulders!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Art is subjective so does it really matter?
    Especially in today's age of WOW with Transmogrification, when it's a simple matter to change the look of said armor. Gone are the days when you are stuck with using that ugly looking tier.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Especially in today's age of WOW with Transmogrification, when it's a simple matter to change the look of said armor. Gone are the days when you are stuck with using that ugly looking tier.
    Still doesn't mean they should keep producing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    And the point of this thread is...?
    OP is stating that he/she dislikes the overall look of the tier sets in MoP.

Welcome to forums, a place where people can talk about almost anything.

I think it has more to do with the fact that most of the class's themes in WoW conflict with MoP's theme. Warlock and DK for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I think it has more to do with the fact that most of the class's themes in WoW conflict with MoP's theme. Warlock and DK for example.
    Yup, they really need to stop designing the sets around random themes from a patch and actually design them around the classes they belong to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I love transmogrification, it's one of my favorite things they added to the game. But I really hope that doesn't mean the art designers won't be putting forth effort to make tier look as awesome as it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindur View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this expansion is by far the worst looking for class tiers. I mean everything just looks so generic to me and it looks like they spent no time at all trying to make them look good. The only good looking sets to come out in MOP are the challenge mode sets.
    I don't. I will say they all scream "PANDARIA!" in very odd ways. This is a good thing, but nothing really redefining the classes themselves. So far though, i really think all the classes have had soem great sets. Priests were kind of iffy until i saw the new gladiator gear though. Beast!

Also! I'm gonna go ahead and invite you guys to be really REALLY specific about why you don't like this stuff. General "eh, it's ugly" comments don't push the conversation very far

My favorite MoP sets:

Challenge Modes
    Shaman
    Warlock

T15
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Druid
    Warlock

Season 12
    DK
    Priest

I personally like pieces of the DK tiers, and the Sha Skin tier is one of my all time favorite cloth sets.

With Transmog you can make a cool looking set, right now I'm using the T14 DK helm with some T10 and some off-set T8 10 man pieces.

And the shoulders from T15 are pretty cool with their effect.

My Challenge Mode and T14N sets are some of the best looking I've seen in a while. Guess my class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well starting with T14

Hunter - I'm ok with this set, I like the shoulders and I like the color schemes for all 3 sets.

Mage - The look of the whole set itself just doesn't look like it would be a mage tier. I'm not sure exactly what it is, it almost looks like a leather set.

Rogue - This whole set just looks like its questing gear rewards. Nothing about it reminds me of a rogue. This might have my vote for the worst T14 set.

Warlock - This one is probably my favorite looking T14 set. I really like the sha theme it has and it really looks like a warlock set. The shoulder and helm graphics really make it stand out

Monk - I'm sure every monk set from now until the end of the game will have this helm graphic, which I guess is alright because it really does make it monk like. Overall not a bad set, the glowing orbs are pretty cool. It would be awesome if they made those interact with the amount of chi you had kinda like they have the soul shard graphic with affliction locks.

Shaman - The shoulders and helm look a little strange with the feathers but I guess it has a shaman theme. I think they could have made this set much better if they had some type of graphic like the T6 warlock wings. But then again that might confuse people with pally wings....

Death Knight - IMO I think 90% of the time tier plate gear looks the best. The shoulders look cool but one of the most annoying things with gear I think, is when they make plate gear have a dress. Death knights don't need to be wearing dresses.... The only color scheme I like with this tier is the heroic version.

Priest - The helm and shoulders are an alright design. I'm just not a big fan of the chest. It looks like you're wearing a tabard all the time.

Druid - The whole set is just too busy and the whole set is made for guardians anyways, its a giant bear.

Paladin - I like this set, the tigers are cool. It looks like a plate set, doesn't have a dress for legs, Which is alright for paladins I understand it.

Warrior - Probably the biggest letdown ever. I just switched to playing my warrior with the launch of MOP and IMO warriors have the best track record for great looking tier. Everything about it looks terrible, i'm not a fan of the shoulder and helm spikes. The whole color scheme of all 3 sets just doesn't really make it look like gear I want to obtain.

Code:
                   T14    T15    S12    S13
    Warrior        good   fair   good   fair
    Paladin        good   fair   good   good
    Death Knight   great  fair   great  good
    Hunter         good   bad    fair   fair
    Shaman         fair   fair   fair   bad  
    Rogue          good   great  fair   fair
    Druid          fair   creepy fair   good
    Monk           good   fair   bad    good
    Priest         fair   fair   good   good
    Mage           bad    good   fair   good
    Warlock        good   fair   good   good
    Yeah, there's been one lemon in every bunch... but overall I'd say they're doing pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoroth View Post
    My Challenge Mode and T14N sets are some of the best looking I've seen in a while. Guess my class?
    Gotta be a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Code:
                   T14    T15    S12    S13
    Warrior        good   fair   good   fair
    Paladin        good   fair   good   good
    Death Knight   great  fair   great  good
    Hunter         good   bad    fair   fair
    Shaman         fair   fair   fair   bad  
    Rogue          good   great  fair   fair
    Druid          fair   creepy fair   good
    Monk           good   fair   bad    good
    Priest         fair   fair   good   good
    Mage           bad    good   fair   good
    Warlock        good   fair   good   good
    Yeah, there's been one lemon in every bunch... but overall I'd say they're doing pretty well.
    I agree on the DK. Should probably go look at the others now.