Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...which happened after the Prime Sha were unleashed. And they were unleashed because the Horde and Alliance had no idea what the Sha were, nor did they particularly care when the found out (Except for a few certain individuals like Dezco or Anduin).

So? You can't dedicate an order of people to defeating the Sha, and make excuses for yourself when the most powerful one appears and your entire order fails.

All I'm saying is...the Pandaren were fools the entire time, as the last King implies in 5.3. The worst crime the Pandaren committed was thinking they were any better than anyone else. The last King could never defeat the Sha of Pride, and neither would any of the Pandaren who followed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    So? You can't dedicate an order of people to defeating the Sha, and make excuses for yourself when the most powerful one appears and your entire order fails.
    /facepalm Really? Ahems:

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923
    They've never dealt with the Prime Sha because they didn't have to. They've been sealed up by Shaohao and the Monkey King for 10,000 years. However, when they do get their shit together, Taran Zhu and the Shado-Pan, along with the player, directly defeat the Sha of Hatred.
    Can I also note that as this is happening, the Shado-Pan had also just dealt with the Yaungol and Mantid incursions. Once again, multiple enemies on multiple fronts. The books and game make a point to note the importance of this, yet people seem to dismiss it because it doesn't fit their argument.

All I'm saying is...the Pandaren were fools the entire time, as the last King implies in 5.3. The worst crime the Pandaren committed was thinking they were any better than anyone else. The last King could never defeat the Sha of Pride, and neither would any of the Pandaren who followed him.
    This is irrelevant, and nobody had brought it up. Shaohao outright says it.

Seeing as now myself, and at least 3 other people in this thread, have explained this several times already, I'm going to move on from that argument.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-06-23 at 05:29 AM.

So the shado pan would capture the shrine thats cool

The horde could just capture the valley of the four winds and when we have there entire food supply under our control we can just sit and laugh while those fatties decide how much nutrition can you get from a sha infested mantid corpse.

At the end of the day there is no real value in the vale for the horde now and if the shado pan wishes to massacre dezco and his sunwalkers out of spite even though he has been told who the real culprit is then he will know what vengeance is.

Vengeance is the right of every horde member it says so in that quest in borean tundra and when the siege over and they find the peaceful sunwalkers slain after everything they did for the pandaran then they will incur the wrath of the horde.

But who cares it just empty threats by a broken injured leader whos merry band isnt in a position to start more shit with another faction over broken pride seeing how im guessing alot of his troops got hit by the sha when it exploded so has been greatly reduced in numbers.

Plus the horde is gonna make good on its promise to bring the real perpetrator to justice and if he still wants more after that then may he get buttfucked by the sha of go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    So the shado pan would capture the shrine thats cool

The horde could just capture the valley of the four winds and when we have there entire food supply under our control we can just sit and laugh while those fatties decide how much nutrition can you get from a sha infested mantid corpse.

At the end of the day there is no real value in the vale for the horde now and if the shado pan wishes to massacre dezco and his sunwalkers out of spite even though he has been told who the real culprit is then he will know what vengeance is.

Vengeance is the right of every horde member it says so in that quest in borean tundra and when the siege over and they find the peaceful sunwalkers slain after everything they did for the pandaran then they will incur the wrath of the horde.
    You realize that Taran-Zhu said he'd take no action against Dezco or the Sunwalkers, and allowed amnesty due to what's currently going on inside the Horde.

So none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    You realize that Taran-Zhu said he'd take no action against Dezco or the Sunwalkers, and allowed amnesty due to what's currently going on inside the Horde.

So none of that.
    Who cares then they can have the sha infested shit hole.

Like i said the vale has no value to the horde and aint worth fighting over but if they want to take the shrine by force and kill the defenders they will sow the wind and they will reap the fucking category 11 tornado!!

Who cares then they can have the sha infested shit hole.

Like i said the vale has no value to the horde and aint worth fighting over but if they want to take the shrine by force and kill the defenders they will sow the wind and they will reap the fucking category 11 tornado!!
    You mean like they totally said they wouldn't?

The difference is, they don't have the numbers to just charge into ToT and take down Lei Shen by themselves, for if they fail. There would be no defense of pandaria. Us on the other hand, have the numbers to deploy groups into raids. Tarun Zhu even says in one of the quests, "The Shado Pan might be small in number, but are extremely skilled"

I'm not sure if its worth discussing lore with somebody who looks at it from an in-game perspective. If it was, I'd just be saying how the Horde all should be killed no matter what, seeing as I play the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    You mean like they totally said they wouldn't?
    i dont get what your saying sry im slightly inebriated

I thought this thread was about that if taran zhu decided to take the shrine now instead of letting them leave like he said he would cause he is totally pissed at how bad the vale is now in 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Unfortunately, this is Blizzard. They just pull more nameless mooks out of the spawning pools.
    Orcs do this far more than anyone. But I don't see how the shado-pan pushing out the small horde forces in the vale crosses the line of absurdity though. Unless of course you believe most of the horde forces are there, which would most likely be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very much agree with those assessments of them Zhu and the Shado-Pan.
    I'm not sure why but the Shado Pan didn't click with me initially and I'm not entirely sure why. Their short story though really changed my perspective of them. They can be bloody grim at times when it suits their interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play the Alliance.
    Dammit don't let them know that! Sharks will detect Alliance blood and be feasting on you!

Oh god. I just realized what is going to happen with Dezco and son with the GL being nuked. Oh god that poor Tauren.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

The thing is this seems to me like its the Navy SEALS/SAS vs NATO

A very competent commando force vs an entire warmachine made up of 5 armies that dont even need to engage the shado pan to win cause of how vunerable the shado pan are on supplies and the fact there entire food source is centralized and very vulnerable (I dont think nana mudclaw would put up much of a resistance)

So what are we debating here how awesome the shado pan are and that they can kick the asses of a few peaceful paladins and that guy who sells bacon

The thing is this seems to me like its the Navy SEALS/SAS vs NATO

A very competent commando force vs an entire warmachine made up of 5 armies that dont even need to engage the shado pan to win cause of how vunerable the shado pan are on supplies and the fact there entire food source is centralized and very vulnerable (I dont think nana mudclaw would put up much of a resistance)

So what are we debating here how awesome the shado pan are and that they can kick the asses of a few peaceful paladins and that guy who sells bacon
    At the very least you've acknowledged that the Horde Shrine (Or the Alliance's for that matter, although that is irrelevant) isn't a fortress. That's more than some people. However, the Shado-Pan take on a large Zandalari force in the new Vol'jin book. And since its obvious that they can't die between 5.1 and 5.2, I can say that they end up winning. And they do it with 33 members versus an army.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Dammit don't let them know that! Sharks will detect Alliance blood and be feasting on you!
    They can bring it, I aint afraid! :P

Oh god. I just realized what is going to happen with Dezco and son with the GL being nuked. Oh god that poor Tauren.
    Yeahhhh I wonder what happens to Dezco. I like him, but I also could see him dying as one of the "causalities" Blizzard mentioned. I actually would kind of like that. I would like if a character I enjoyed died. It would really cement how pointless from an in-game perspective the Pandarian campaign was in terms of deaths versus reward.

I would have been totally fine with the Alliance's representative dying as well, except they made him Anduin, so I don't hope he dies. Most people hate Anduin, but I like the juxtaposition between him and Varian. Plus the Prince of Stormwind and all that, as well as Velen's vision.

At the very least you've acknowledged that the Horde Shrine (Or the Alliance's for that matter, although that is irrelevant) isn't a fortress. That's more than some people. However, the Shado-Pan take on a large Zandalari force in the new Vol'jin book. And since its obvious that they can't die between 5.1 and 5.2, I can say that they end up winning. And they do it with 33 members versus an army.
    i agree the shrine is nowhere near a fortress and is very vulnerable to attack.

Though regarding the shado pans victory over the Zandalari you have obviously read the book i aint do you believe as a lorehound that the zandarlari couldve have beaten the shado pan if they knew what the horde and alliance knows.

The horde and the alliance knows everything about the shado pan there battle strategy, Who there leaders are, Command structure, Supply lines etc

But i will hazard a guess and say the shado pan can win battles but they cant win wars

The one and only reason you need to argue why he couldn't do it.

I(we) was there. We are the most powerful fighters in the world. The horde/alliance armies didn't save him, it was the heroes who were present during this threat.

The players aren't demigods in the lore. We aren't nearly as powerful as level 90 characters are. Its mechanics vs lore.

Though regarding the shado pans victory over the Zandalari you have obviously read the book i aint do you believe as a lorehound that the zandarlari couldve have beaten the shado pan if they knew what the horde and alliance knows.
    If they knew...what? *confused*

Mainly because they would be versing the Pandaren, who know how to control their emotions.
    They dont, I dont know if you noticed that.

Once again you ignore all actual context of what happened with Taran Zhu, as well as the Prime Sha, ect.

I'm started to be convinced you hadn't actually paid attention to the expansion's story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be too surprised, alot of folks these parts don't know what mechanics vs. lore means, or apply it to their logic because they'd like to feel like the gods they think they are.