An Idea for our level 95 or 100 ability

I've been toying around with this idea in my head for new abilities and I really started to love this one in particular. If this thread is too redundant, I apologize. Here's the Idea:

Scougelord (passive)
    The Deathknight's skills as a Necromancer have grown, allowing their minions to grow in power and gain new abilities based on specialization

Blood - Summon Vampiric Servant (replaces Summon Ghoul)
    The Deathknight's ghoul is empowered with vampirisim allowing it to siphon off health from it's target and gift it to it's master. When the Deathknight uses Runetap, the Servant sacrifices a percentage of it's health to heal all party members within a 40 yards and places a blood shield on them. This shield is affected by the Deathknight's Mastery rating.

Frost - Summon Ice Wrath (replaces Summon Ghoul)
    The Deathknight's ghoul grows ice shards allowing each hit to also deal frost damage to it's target. Each strike also deals a stacking debuff called Ice shards. When Ice shards reaches 10 stacks, it shatters the target dealing Frost damage to the target and spraying razor sharp shards to all enemies with in 15 yards.

Unholy - The Dark Half (new ability) 3 min cooldown
    The Death Knight splits the necromatic energy coursing through it's ghoul, forcing it to wretch it's skeleton out. The skeleton then takes the form of a Skeletal Mage for 30 secs and cast shadow bolts at it's target. The ghouls damage is reduced by 25% when used.

The skeletal mage is also affected by Dark transformation. When it transforms, it's shadow bolt becomes a shadow bolt volley.

That's it. Of course all other ideas are welcome. I would love to hear them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was thinking about anti magic zone idea's earlier, there has been a massive amount of people stating that amz should be made baseline because of a group defensive cooldown not fitting in with the self defensive theme of lichborne and purgatory (there is rarely a case with ams wouldn't do what amz could do for self defense). With the recent changes to amz, there is now the debate of the too small radius compared to the paladin ability (which I'm having a brain fart with right now and I've forgotten what it's called).

So I was thinking about a way to make the concept of amz better and to grant the death knight a unique utility, and then I thought - What if the death knight got a raid cooldown that cast anti magic shell on everybody and granted them the same effect that it grants to death knights - Converting magical damage into a useful resource. Obviously such a thing would be subject to balance to prevent it from being overpowered and forcing death knights to become mandatory.

But the basic idea is the death knight pops his group ams ability (which would likely have a long cooldown) and everybody gets anti magic shell placed on them (think spirit shell)

The resource gained would need to be useful to the spec receiving it but it's easy enough to do, although some classes would benefit more than others. For healers, a fixed percentage of mana - most likely 5% (if you factor in that the ability would be on a long cooldown and only during a large magical damage period)

Death knight - Runic power as standard, much less than normally gained via regular ams

Druid

Boomkin - Solar/Lunar power
    Guardian - Rage
    Feral - Energy
    Resto - x% mana

Hunters - Focus

Mage (prime example of it being less useful for a certain spec)

Arcane - Mana
    Fire - No clue, perhaps a heating up proc
    Frost - Fingers of frost

Monk - Either energy/mana or x amount of chi

Paladin - X Holy power for the melee and mana/holy power for the healer

Priest - Mana for the healers, x shadow orbs for the shadow dps

Rogue - Energy

Shaman (another case of it being less useful)

Elemental - 2-3 lava burst procs
    Enhancement - x stacks of maelstrom weapon/searing totem buff
    Resto - x% mana

Warlock - Spec specific resource

Warrior - Rage

None of these gains would be massive, otherwise the effect would be much too strong and force death knights to be brought into raids. Also keep in mind that it would simultaneously absorb magical damage whilst generating a resource, so it's two benefits in one. Likely the absorb would not be as strong as a regular ams and would not prevent debuffs from being applied. I can also see a debuff similar to heroism exhaustion to prevent multiple dks from applying at once.

And there we have unique dk utility that benefits everyone without being gamebreaking and which has pve and pvp uses.

lol other classes get mana or rage or energy and i'd get 2-3 instant lava bursts? much love <3.

10+ Year Old Account
    No point in giving a dps a resource that they don't need. I figure one lava burst proc would hardly be noticable if you factor in that the resource generating from ams for dks literally floods you. 2 seems the most likely number of procs for lava burst in this imaginary scenario, I've played literally every class and spec and have my ele/resto shaman at 90 and can't think of anything else in the 5 minutes I spent thinking about every class that would benefit ele other than a proc of lava burst. Mana is never an issue except in extreme aoe situations.

But hey, it's just random ideas for fun which are never going to be implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmuskrat View Post
    Blood - Summon Vampiric Servant (replaces Summon Ghoul)
    The Deathknight's ghoul is empowered with vampirisim allowing it to siphon off health from it's target and gift it to it's master. When the Deathknight uses Runetap, the Servant sacrifices a percentage of it's health to heal all party members within a 40 yards and places a blood shield on them. This shield is affected by the Deathknight's Mastery rating.
    I love this one. It's well past time that DK tanks had a raid cooldown. I'd like to see this in-game

Still waiting for a LK-style Defile.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Necroing part of a post I made back in the beta in hopes of Blood finally gaining a raid cd:

Blood dks like myself have repeatedly asked for a raid cd and our requests have fallen on deaf ears, I strongly feel Blizz should finally sort this out for us. The following is a lore based exampled for a raid cd:
    Pact of the Dark Fallen: corrupts the ground around the death knight and his allies placing an absorption shield which protects them for 20% of all incoming damage, lasts 10 seconds. 3 minute cd (Note this ability does not benefit the user, only the raid)

The reason I have chosen the name 'Pact of the Dark Fallen' is because it's roots lay in ICC just as many of the new dk abilities from cata do. I have chosen to borrow the name from the Blood-Queen Lana'thel encounter because it fits perfectly with the current blood dk lore. Just as she was a vampire who drained the life force of her targets to sustained her self, we too do the same. We drain the very life essence from our targets to both heal and shield ourselves from further damage. Furthermore, the name fits into the lore of dks as a whole because, we are in fact, the dark fallen and made a pact to defend Azeroth the moment we broke free from the Lich King's grasp at Light's Hope Chapel.

Deleted
    dnt see the point having talents for ghouls as frost since they are only used to heal then killed off pretty fast in burst. if there should be any new abilities for a dk it should increase our defence and our survivability

10+ Year Old Account
    Defile, Aoe Death Coil, maybe something like Warlock's get with being able to summon a 2nd Ghoul, or being able to sacrifice the ghoul to deal bonus damage, something along those lines.

Something for our mobility. Some sort of a leap maybe?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Something for our mobility. Some sort of a leap maybe?
    Yea something like.. a leap that pulls some one towards you? and maybe make it so there is a OP set bonus that allows you to use it twice in a row!!
    I would call it deathgrip!!

the dreams