Thread: [TV] Hannibal

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm reviving this thread, only cause I wish to spread enlightenment.

Just watched Season 2 Episode 10, and holy moly was it amazing.

Anyone?
    Currently Procrastinating

this show is really amazing. the way they shoot the scenes i cant explain it. they make those gruesome scenes seem soooo... artistic? IDK I LOVE IT

i was actually kind of surprised at the way will went this episode.

very interested in how the next 3 episodes are gonna go down.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Might start watching this, found the first few episodes interesting but never really followed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

great episode. both Vergers are played amazingly well and I really like how Margot isn't the walking stereotype she is in the book (admittedly I'm only half way through Hannibal the book)
    Will's doing a great job of playing Hannibal while letting Hannibal think he's playing Will, or at least that appears to be the case. I'm certain that Freddie is not dead but not 100% certain that Hannibal completely believes that she is yet

edit: can't believe I missed Hannibal's "you slice the ginger" joke on the first viewing
    Last edited by rayvio; 2014-05-03 at 05:40 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    depending on how the season ends, I can see hannibal transitioning from Graham to clarice during the 3rd season imo. just my 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitshoot View Post
    depending on how the season ends, I can see hannibal transitioning from Graham to clarice during the 3rd season imo. just my 2 cents.
    That is of course assuming that the events in the novel Red Dragon are replaced by the TV-series, instead of the TV-series being retconned to precede them, which is what I think.

the TV show is a separate continuity but heavily based on the books, taking some influence from the movies
    Clarice Starling is not likely to appear though due to legal reasons, some other company owns the rights to all characters who were introduced in Silence of the Lambs so unless that's cleared up by season 5 (which is planned to be the SotL story, season 4 will be Red Dragon) there'll be some changes to the story

Best TV show right now. I absolutely love it.

I just started watching it, and i love it. The actor playing Hannibal is perfect for the role, and play it well. I only wish they didn't have the "music" on the show that much/loud everytime people don't speak, but i guess it's suppose to create a mood, although i think it's alittle overboard :3
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Wow... episode 10. Still a little traumatized but lets just say I suspect/hope all is not as it appears.
    To quote a tweet from the great Patton Oswalt "Love how @nbc put @NBCHannibal in the "Friday night death slot." Because @BryanFuller & the writers took that as leave to go BUGF*CK."

Nice to see some life in this thread finally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I'm having a Hannibal marathon day (haven't watched any of this season, saving them up) and I'm on episode 2: OMG! When the guy was peeling himself apart from himself and the other bodies!!!! My skin is frakkin' vibrating from that! So creeped out right now! OMG, omg, omg!

This show is so damn good.

what's amazing is that they keep having something so crazy you think there's no way they can top it and then the next kill comes along...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    SNIP
    Oh yeah she's not done yet and I'm glad Will saved her. Due to his comments about the meat I would say Hannibal is very suspicious of Will.
    Black Lives Matter

On this week's Hannibal:

Will: I prayed I would see Abigail again.
    Hannibal: Your prayer didn't go entirely unanswered. You saw part of her.

LOL@Hannibal
    You monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorca View Post
    Will: I prayed I would see Abigail again.
    Hannibal: Your prayer didn't go entirely unanswered. You saw part of her.
    that's actually based on a line in the third book except young Hannibal prayed to see his sister again after their Nazi captors took her away from him. he saw her teeth in particularly unpleasant circumstances, it has a lot to do with his opinions on god and on his diet...

Thanks- I haven't made it that far in the books. Food for thought...

This show is amazing and deserves a larger audience. It's by far the most amazing psychological thriller tv show in a very long time. It's like enjoying classical music in a heap of pop music. Hannibal takes art and enhance it with horror. I don't remember the last time I had to cover my eyes in sight of any graphic violence in the past few years. (Maybe only anticrhist?). The amazing thing about this show is that even if you saw every movie and read all the books you will still know pretty much nothing about the events occurring which will make you wonder what goes into play. Did hannibal kill this? Did will really do this? What is his motive? Did he make a mistake or did he plan this?
    I suppose most people never heard of this show and those who heard about it, think this is probably just a cheap show based on the movies (when Hannibal: origins comes to mind about how cheap producers can sink to grab money). Do not delude yourself. Give this show a try. I assure you, you will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by Barendon; 2014-05-08 at 06:59 AM.

ZOMG HANNIBAL RENEWED FOR SEASON 3!!!
    http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/nbc-...al-1201176411/
    Finally we can all take a huge sigh of relief and start panicking about Season 4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorca View Post
    ZOMG HANNIBAL RENEWED FOR SEASON 3!!!
    http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/nbc-...al-1201176411/
    Finally we can all take a huge sigh of relief and start panicking about Season 4 now.
    all hail the mighty gods of cheap production costs that hath saveth thy beautiful show from the clutches of cancellation!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552