House Votes to Delay Bulk Ammunition Purchase by DHS

House Votes to Delay Bulk Ammunition Purchase by DHS

9 June 2013
    The House voted to stop the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) from entering into new contracts to buy millions of rounds of ammunition until the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) reports to Congress on the need for the ammo, and its cost.

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) proposed an amendment to the DHS spending bill for 2014 that would require the report to Congress before it can pursue plans to buy 1.1 billion rounds of ammunition. Meadows said the speed bump is a necessary reaction to news of the huge purchase, which alarmed many Americans and prompted conservative groups to suspect that the government was stocking up on the rounds to fight citizens

Read more: http://MinutemenNews.com/2013/06/hou...#ixzz2Vwuoundy
    1.1 billion rounds of ammunition, the government was stocking up on the rounds to fight citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    1.1 billion rounds of ammunition, the government was stocking up on the rounds to fight citizens?
    Keep your propaganda to yourself.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    Yes, they do need all that ammo until they develop technology to just hover over your house from the sky, way out of reach, and bomb you to hell. Until then all we can hope for is the fine and honest gentlemen of the House of Representatives keep blocking their genocide attempts!

Oh thank god.
    I know I was worried about the government marching through the streets, emptying rounds into their citizens for the purpose of... of... CAUSE GUBAMENT'S EVIL!
    Yeah!

Is my tinfoil hat crooked?
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Considering the amount the US military probably has in storage I don't find this to be something worry about.

They get 1st bids on ammo, when peons like myself struggle to find ammo for target practice. Attempts on new gun control followed up w/ the government decreasing the supply of ammo. Almost sounds like it was planned... Where is my Tin foil?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubert View Post
    They get 1st bids on ammo, when peons like myself struggle to find ammo for target practice. Attempts on new gun control followed up w/ the government decreasing the supply of ammo. Almost sounds like it was planned... Where is my Tin foil?
    You probably used it to make some kind of ammunition.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubert View Post
    Next time you want to buy 1.1 billion rounds, I'm sure the ammo companies will give you first pick too.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

We don't allow conspiracy threads here.

Closed.