Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is so relevant to this discussion. Also it is full of win and cookies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovfL...695CE&index=35

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A try hard person who thinks hes good made fun of you big deal simply report him.

Report for harassment and move on. From my experience running into these players are few and far between. Running into players who just sit there and ignore mechanics and bitch at healers for them dieing tends to happen more often in my experience and no these players are not normal/heroic geared players. Most raiders I run into just keep their mouths shut and get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    TL,DR version : A thread about rude/aggressive/unfriendly player attitudes towards newly dinged players, your thoughts on it. Do you have this attitude too perhaps?

So I logged on tonight at 2am to do this frostlord, the cloak is useful for my just dinged lvl90 hunter. The game allows me to queue dispite my low gear, meaning as expected (like in previous expansions) the boss is tuned to be easily beatable regardless of gear.

I enter the instance and before the fight has even started I've been called a "low geared scrub" by the healer, the mage also then mentions he hates people with low gear. The fight starts and my pet is killed by the elite elemental, which is not being tanked by the tank. I mention "pet died, can you tank the elite" to which the healer replies "why the fuck should we care, turn off growl retard" to which I reply that growl wasn't on. The fight goes on with a complaint about the group dps from the healer, more complaining about low geared people being scrubs and then he comments "why can't people use their brains". At this point he mentions he will no longer heal the low dps, and mostly just stands around doing nothing.

Mid fight I mention that this is my alt, and a semi conversation continues with me stating the logic that gear does not magically appear when you ding 90, and that the reason I was doing the easy event was for easy gear. Also that the only reason my damage is particularely low is due to the tank not holding agro on anything and mend pet not being enough to keep my pet alive when it is taking damage from multiple sources, I had to res my pet multiple times despite my best efforts to keep it alive.

After some more insulting elitist comments the conversation stops and the fight continues until we beat the boss, the mage dps leaves stating that I "should go to hell and suck satans dick". Now this was not down to a bad playing experience, there were no wipes and nobody in the group died, I was called a brainless scrub who should suck a dick because I have an alt that just hit level 90 in blues/greens, and this started before the fight even began.

What do you think? Are you one of the people who spits on those with low gear like they are some mindless scum of the universe? Or are you a logical and level headed person who can be understanding of other people? The reality of it is that gear has nothing to do with skill, but without gear you're severly limited, but it has to be earned and you have to start somewhere.
    half the elitist players arent even that leet they have some lfr gear and think they are god send to wow

with that being said i have on main 542 ilvl clearing heroic and i simply dont care about low geared ppl in anything i do
    i can dps good enough for 3 ppl in that type of content so i dont care even if the other dps will do nothing
    having a good gear isnt a justification to bad mouth other ppl
    the ppl that do that are usually low self esteem retards that need daily reminder how great they are compare to other ppl
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post

I think that pretty much sums up everything nicely! Epic video.

The only thing that I've experienced that has any remote relation to my experience tonight is of the gearscore guys in WOTLK... "LFM ulduar run, link achievements and 6k GS!!11onne!" The guys who genuinely wanted people in full icecrown gear to do old content, and would kick people from their raid groups based on gearscore alone.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

That's fucking disgusting.

I "spit" on players who intentionally have no clue (e.g., keyboard turning in circles or just auto-attacking), but for the sake of not having gear? There's no sense in being mean to said players. In fact, I get surprised and even compliment low-geared players who pull high dps (for their level), even if they're overall pulling the lowest.

Unless a fight requires superhigh DPS, skill will always overcome gear.

(Case in point: We used to have a 533+ Shaman in our guild that couldn't break 60k DPS. My new Shaman alt is 480 and is already pulling 70k. Said alt also has GARBAGE trinkets and no tier set bonuses)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScariusTheMoonkin View Post
    I only get mad and act like an asshole when there is someone doing <20k dps and before you say they just dinged 90 blah blah blah realize that fresh 90s can do 40k+ dps so less than 20 is afking/ just autoattacking and its annoying.
    I had this this morning, actually. Got a lock in my group who was doing 8k dps and even though me (hunter) and the warrior dps were pulling a good amount, the boss just barely went immune for one more time than he should have with a competent group. My husband was tanking and I was commenting to him about the lock and he said something about perhaps the guy was a new 90. I was just like, even a fresh 90 in greens should be doing more dps than this guy...his pet was doing most of his damage and he looked like he was auto attacking. I still didn't say anything though...five minutes of my life isn't worth getting upset over.

OP, I would have just reported them for language and harassment instead of arguing back with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You get some shitty pet from the bag, and the frostscythe.
    yeah but you could already get those years ago, so chances are those guys weren't exactly part of the "OMG I'm so guud I've played since vanilla" elite force.

Deleted
    I stopped doing heroic dungeons on alts because of this kind of behaviour. I'm doing scenarios to boost my ilvl now. It might be not as fast as gearing up through dungons/batttlegrounds but somehow people are nicer and don't expect miracles from freshly dinged 90.

Sometimes I wish Blizzard would remove valor points from heroic dungeons so that people who don't need to do them (at least lfr/valor geared) would not do them. They see them as a fast/easy/free valor points source and that's why they want them to end as fast as possible and someone in greens/few low ilvl blues will not make it as fast.

@ OP
    Please, don't be rude or harsh to those elitist. To some of them Wow is everything in their poor, smartass life. Try to be like them. Even your new dinged lvl 90 is utter noob, tell them that u're pro and you already have 10 characters all 13/13hc last tier + 5 on your other account. Ask them, why they are pro, but doing noobish dungeon. Ask them, if they play Wow cause their mom send them to computer while she doing gangbang with neighboorhood. Tell them to suck your d**k (it's the way you being nice with them), while you doing false relog, to show them 13/13 hc... They will threat you like... GOD!

... On the other hand, if you don't wanna play with retards and waste your precius time, just report them.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post

Yeah that sums up just about every fail group I have had in Cata. Most players could at least pull their own weight, it was the random dickwads that screwed groups over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    yeah but you could already get those years ago, so chances are those guys weren't exactly part of the "OMG I'm so guud I've played since vanilla" elite force.
    I tried to get it at least the first four years and when it was still a drop I lost it to hunters and warriors. My sad warlock is sad.

Deleted
    Look, people only act like that cause they can behind the screen.

if they talked to me like that in real life, which they wouldt, cause im tattoed on my hands and neck, and shit, but one of the kindest guy, i would turn there head 180 degress. But people think they're the strongest infront of there screen.
    Just ignore them mate, dont make it piss you off, i know its hard.

This event is expect to accommodate low ilvl players and criticism regarding that matter is unacceptable.

Do you really care what some 35 year old virgin neckbeard thinks about skill in a game? What you have to do, is pity them, for taking the game seriously enough to get so angry about it.

i did ahune with a warlock doing 7k and a druid doing 15k last night. it was the most brutally slow fight ive ever experienced.

i understand that being an asshole is a little extreme but i think most people who are have just reached their breaking point. being surrounded by terrible players just wears on you after a while. a lot of people come to the conclusion that patience isnt worth the effort.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty cynical, but I'm willing to bet this is the full story and you were treated terribly. Was expecting a few more sympathetic responses, but I'm sure people are tired of the same old stuff being said.

It's a shame you grouped with a bunch of arseholes. It's also a shame all you can do is passively respond by /ignoring.

It goes for all interactions online, to be honest, as there is no way to practically/fairly punish those that fail to meet basic social decency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't bother mouthing off people, but my freshly dinged 90s can still pump out 20-25k. Had a mage doing 8k and a rogue doing 12k in one run, took 5 submerges to get it down. I'm pretty sure spamming scorch does more than 8k. My opinion as someone who is trying to gear my alts as well, is that the general quality of player doing Ahune is pretty low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    ^ this right here. Those jerks had no reason to pick on you about your gear.

Were they a guild group by chance? I've noticed for some reason it always seems to be the guild groups from certain servers that seem to have the attitudes.
    If you seriously think that's going to do anything whatsoever you really don't know why people continue to do those things.
    Nothing. Happens.
    That's why people can continue to do it, there's no punishment.
    Stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's always the option of turning chat off if you can't see it it can't bother you. And assuming the group isn't bad enough to wipe on that silly event they can't kick you mid combat so just roll with no chat up for the run. This game hardly requires chat to function anymore. Before LFD and all this crap reputation used to matter so its more of a its 99-100% LFD cross realm LFR's fault there are so many issues reputation doesn't mean squat anymore. The greatest thing about the old days is if someone was a jerk or sucked word would travel and nobody would bring this person now you are stuck with them til you can boot them.

Quote Originally Posted by inivux View Post
    Do you really care what some 35 year old virgin neckbeard thinks about skill in a game? What you have to do, is pity them, for taking the game seriously enough to get so angry about it.
    Look at my situation, I'm pretty sure there are others in similar situations.

I'm not getting angry and I didn't show any anger towards them in the group, I'm just frustrated and perhaps disapointed in other people? I have to play WoW casually these days because I live a busy life, so I cannot raid with my guild, most of the time I get on late (like tonight at 2am) and there aren't many people online. I play on Hellscream EU server, which is one of the dead servers and there really aren't many players online at any time (around 20-30 people at night on horde side), none of the out of guild friends I had in previous expansions are here or even play anymore.

To put it short If I want to play my chars I have to deal with LFG situations, and I just don't understand why someone can be so abusive to someone simply because they have poor gear, something that is impossible to avoid when leveling an alt. I'm not going to lie and say I've not met unreasonable or to put it simply "wankers" in WoW before, but what i saw earlier takes the cake.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4