Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't have harassed you, I don't understand the need people have to point out and make snarky comments about a complete stranger for no reason. If the language gets bad just report, right click their name and ignore. At least you know you won't have to run into them again.

I ran it last night for the pet and ended up with a tank that just stood there the entire time, did nothing. No one said anything, we just kicked him. Got a new tank, moved on. Simple as that. No need to harass anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally the people that upset me are the ones with good gear that still do bad.

New 90s don't deserve to be treated poor, it isn't fair. Ultimately I believe that the ones that make fun of lesser geared or fresh 90's are simply those that have been playing the game too long and have forgotten what it is like to be in that position.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

OP you were getting trolled. Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    Personally the people that upset me are the ones with good gear that still do bad.
    I asked a guy in 500ish ilvl gear to do more than 15k HPS on iron qon and i was called a noob. Never mind the fact that i was doing 180k dps as the tank. I'm a noob because i expect a 500ilvl priest to heal more than a Bloodworm.

Straight outta Xbox Live.

Pro Tip: if people are being meanie doodoo heads don't read chat so you don't QQ on the forums about e-bullies for someone to punish said doodoo heads for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    Sounds remarkably similar to my WoW background up till cataclysm where I switched to SWTOR. It's better. I promise.
    HA. No it isn't. It's the exact same thing.

Just tonight I joined a group to do a flashpoint. The leader said that he had a tank and two DPS, and I was leveling a marauder so I asked "Hey do you guys have a healer?" He said that it was fine, so I joined up, thinking that he had some plan and that one of the DPS would switch up if it was needed.

Well, the tank was doing a good job, he seemed to know what he was doing, but he wasn't getting heals for long periods of time. He tried to point this out and how worrisome it is (since if you've ever tanked you know it's not fun to have to worry about your health, despite doing everything right) and the leader and the other DPS, both classes who could heal, said not to worry. It kept getting worse and worse and the tank was continuing to say "Hey we need one of you to heal." and they just badmouth him, calling him a noob. They get to a boss and the tank flat-out refuses to pull, saying "Look one of you needs to be a full-time healer or we're not going to be able to do this." and the leader caves and heals the fight, which goes fine... but right after he goes back to this half-assed healing. This eventually leads to the tank's death. When he calls the leader out on this the leader just calls him a whiny bitch and tells him to stop complaining, saying "Well you're alive now, aren't you?"

Eventually the tank quits because he's just not getting through with these guys, despite his attempts at reasoning with them... I've been telling them to just get it over with and deal and to just heal so we can continue, but nothing going.

I've seen assholes in WoW but I've never seen any that are so selfish and retarded that they don't even want to heal (or do any job, really) when it's obvious that the group needs one and that one of the group is noticeably worried about that fact. Both games have their share of assholes.

I think a lot of these people don't realize how much getting gear helps this expac. The jump in dps is so much larger than it was in cata when getting gear. I remember feeling discouraged when hitting 90 thinking i'm doing something horribly wrong but I stuck with it and was surprised with how much the gear adds. If they've got a pretty high ilvl i'll be upset but I won't say anything about it. I use to try to help people but too many times have they went on a tirade on me saying stuff like they know their class better than I know mine and other random stuff.

Was kicked last night from LFR on Lei Shen for being low geared on my alt palladin. I got thrashed by people in 540's ilvl about my healing being low even tho I was there since Iron Qon and no one was even dying... a low geared alt doing LFR to get gear, how dare you !

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    I'm not having a go at you Thassarian, or anyone really, but it's weird how probably most people, including myself, just stay silent and do their job and muddle through. It's almost easier to just DPS, Tank or Heal harder than it is to teach someone what they're doing is "wrong" or could be improoved.
    It isn't that they make mistakes, I make enough of my own and I'll admit to anything I do that causes a wipe or ends up looking incredibly retarded. What I don't get, is people drastically under performing for their gear level. First time? Nps. I remember getting killed by Ahune at 70, same as you. You learn. Yet in the most recent group I had on my priest had a Warrior in ToT gear doing 20k DPS and charging back into Ahune 2-3 times each time he came back up. It was something straight of Benny Hill, especially with the slip mechanic on the ice.

I've got to say, bad DPS means you don't know what you are doing. Any class is capable of doing particularly decent damage. Gear should not be an excuse, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    It isn't that they make mistakes, I make enough of my own and I'll admit to anything I do that causes a wipe or ends up looking incredibly retarded. What I don't get, is people drastically under performing for their gear level. First time? Nps. I remember getting killed by Ahune at 70, same as you. You learn. Yet in the most recent group I had on my priest had a Warrior in ToT gear doing 20k DPS and charging back into Ahune 2-3 times each time he came back up. It was something straight of Benny Hill, especially with the slip mechanic on the ice.
    That hurts my head too. What kind of player really enjoys just dicking around in a dungeon? Really enjoys no kind of progress or reward? I suppose when things do become just so damn easy that you really can heal "stupid", there's no real incentive to play "properly"? You que up, join, mess about while doing something else as playing WoW, obtain your bag and disapear into the void.

You owe those 4 other players nothing, you're litterally there to get your fix from your dungeon bags. Imagine if servers only ever held 100 players, that always logged in and out at the same time. Imagine being a Benny Hill player then. You'd get socially ostrasied and rightfully so.

I really wish WoW had a system that allowed you to upvote (no downvotes, you don't promote negative behavior, you reward the postive ONLY), such that you were actually rewarded with playing well. When your thumbs up score is over 100, you get faster dungeon ques, more gold rewarded, extra valour. Keep being a dick means no-one thumbs you up, you're stuck on the bottom rungs but if you DO play well you'll get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by King Diamond View Post
    My advice for any new 90 is to buy as many Crafted Dreadful Gladiator items as you are able on your realm's auction house. Very cheap and the entire set will boost your itemlevel up to around 460 so you can start LFR with some minor adjustments.
    Except all of those realms that are dying and have nothing on the AH, and if they do the prices are outrageous.

um how are they elitist in first place???

i think they are just bunch of arrogant immature kids

and please dont think ALL elitist are like that zzzzzz it was just unfortunate fo you to encounter these "idiots"
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Report them and hope that somehow, somewhere, there's a GM with enough sense to at least warn them.

Frankly I'm sick of seeing these kind of people in the community, and I'm starting to feel more and more that hardly anything is being done about it, if the punishment was severe enough, less of this shit would happen.

IMO more people should just be muted as a punishment, not permanently but that way they can continue playing but can't run their mouth to people until they learn to play nice.

Sorry you had to deal with this shit OP, there are nice groups out there, as someone pointed to out to me in a similar thread, there are actually more nice groups than bad ones (depending how you define nice, alot of groups are silent) you just remember the bad ones more.

Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    I've got to say, bad DPS means you don't know what you are doing. Any class is capable of doing particularly decent damage. Gear should not be an excuse, really.
    To a certain degree this is true, but I was getting harassed before the fight started and was further harassed when I asked the tank to tank the elite add as it had killed my pet (which being a BM hunter is a big deal).

I've been the guy with the good gear, at the end of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion I had Shadowmourne + almost all the BIS items on my Warrior, I know what it is like to walk around with all the best gear, and I know how painfully easy it is to absolutely crush the dps other players do regardless of how well I play simply because of the gear difference. But I've never acted like an asshole to someone because of low gear, I've sometimes offered friendly advice (occasionally unwelcome) to those who I think are doing too low dps for their gear. Though I don't raid now, the best geared players on my server reside in my guild and none of them have this attitude towards others.

When I say "Elitist Attitude" I mean the attitude is very elitist, not that they are Elite players.

The situation I had was a purely gear based scenario, I didnt make this thread to whine (well maybe a little) but rather to see how other people respond to it, and to hear their experiences and opinions. Fact is that had my hunter been better geared I would not have had the comments in the first place, nor would the group dps have been low as it was, but the fact also is that we killed the boss first try and both low geared dps survived in spite of the fact that the healer refused to heal us because we had bad gear.

I've read all the responses and it's a mixed bag. Ultimately it just pushes me to want to avoid LFG and play with friends (which is always faster and more successful anyway), but with a dead server and my obscure login times that is difficult, the result probably being me losing interest, which is a shame.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-06-23 at 05:31 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I definitely see more now than I did before. But the following gave me hope that the vocal minority are not always right.

Example.

Today, I was tanking in LFR. We were on Durumuu. There was a hunter who got the blue beam. I typed multiple times that he should come to me as I jumped up and down to show him where to go. A few others did as well. There was complete chaos when the maze phase came up, and needless to say we wiped. A few people immediately called for the hunters head, to which I thought cooler heads should prevail, mostly because I thought that the hunter didn't know what to do and tried to explain that to others and the hunter. A vote to kick went out, which I declined. A few of the outspoken were saying things that were stupid to say and even saying I should leave for sticking up for another player, for which I also declined. Thankfully, others agreed with me and did not kick the hunter. We then went on to kill the boss losing only 5 people to the maze, the hunter survived and consequently thanked me, and I left.

Deleting the Mal'ganis server would go a long way towards fixing this particular problem.

OP got trolled.

Don't be so sensitive..just ignore them, or troll them back. Counter trolling is an art form.

Obligatory welcome to the internet comment. This is what online pc gaming (I can't speak for consoles) is like now, enjoy it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    I'm willing to bet you had your pet on assist and he was running into Ahune and being knocked back and taking damage, rather than it being the fault of the tank. Besides that it really seems like you aren't giving us the whole story, I find it hard to believe they'd continue to react badly unless you started having a fight with them in chat, honestly people like that aren't worth the hassle of arguing with.
    You would be wrong then, I have seen countless times where asshats like the people the OP mentioned continue to keep that piss poor attitude like that through the ENTIRE experience. They feel they are entitled to have attitudes like that because they "work for their gear" and are the best thing to happen to wow since its creation.

I honestly feel that people with that attitude should be subjected to ridicule and temp bans (Perm if they don't knock it off) until they get the damn message that they aren't perfect and despite their beliefs that the game can and will survive without them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.