Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    You assume that every single bad player is lazy and out to use you and just doesn't care, while there are some players like this who I agree don't deserve our time, there are a hell of alot more that just don't know any better, and if this is your attitude towards them then you are part of the problem.
    Well you assume that I assumed.

I'm stating that it is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Why should we passively accept players taking advantage of those actually trying to get the task done?

Just in case one of them 'despise' me on a forum?

Well... Might work with most of the millennium generation... not me.
    This is the exact problem, this attitude right here.

Somebody isn't doing well, the first port of call is to blame them rather than to help them.

Somebody dings 90, they're a new player, they've probably never heard of Icy Veins, Elitist Jerks etc... they don't have a damage meter or a way to gauge their damage against other players.

They enter a dungeon/raid, get paired with some experienced players, they get told they're shit, shouted at and possibly kicked. Then the cycle repeats.

Hopefully proving grounds should fix this but it's a sad state of affairs when the community is so bad the devs have to design an entire game mode just to plaster a problem

Deleted
    Well you assume that I assumed.

I'm stating that it is a fact.
    It is not a fact, far from it, where are your sources? your numbers? you can't just take your personal experience and state it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post

Somebody isn't doing well, the first port of call is to blame them rather than to help them.

Somebody dings 90, they're a new player, they've probably never heard of Icy Veins, Elitist Jerks etc... they don't have a damage meter or a way to gauge their damage against other players.

They enter a dungeon/raid, get paired with some experienced players, they get told they're shit, shouted at and possibly kicked. Then the cycle repeats.

Hopefully proving grounds should fix this but it's a sad state of affairs when the community is so bad the devs have to design an entire game mode just to plaster a problem
    Yes, I never dinged 90.

I got my account with its 12 90 from ebay.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 06:15 PM ----------

There is 2 problems:

1. Those going all angry and stomping on bad players;

2. Bad players going all enrage for being stomped on;

And then there is people like me. People that won't stand down to either of those 2 =D.

Enjoy.

Yes, I never dinged 90.

I got my account with its 12 90 from ebay.
    I never implied otherwise, just some players are not inclined to use forums or spreadsheets unless instructed to do other wise, and blindly abusing and kicking them does not solve the problem within the community.

I never implied otherwise, just some players are not inclined to use forums or spreadsheets unless instructed to do other wise, and blindly abusing and kicking them does not solve the problem within the community.
    Same old argument.

OMGOMGOMGOMG u need spreadsheet and 3 PHD to play wow.

Don't you think its time to retire that worn out meme yet? And accept that some people will abuse other for an easy pass... or you're one of them people spewing anything just to get the last word?

Deleted
    Same old argument.

Don't you think its time to retire that worn out meme yet? And accept that some people will abuse other for an easy pass... or you're one of them people spewing anything just to get the last word?
    You know why it's the same argument? Because it's a pretty good one. Telling someone "you are bad and should kill yourself" does nothing to make them a better player. Telling them they are bad, why they are bad and then methods to improve their play if the right way.

Same old argument.

Nice strawman.

I never implied any of the above at all, I am simply stating that the game does NOT teach you the best DPS rotations for your spec and the community does not help this situation at all.

This is getting addressed in the next patch with proving grounds I hope, but right now it is not always (key word always) the player's fault if he is doing poor dps/healing/tanking

10+ Year Old Account
    All these people saying they always get into groups with assholes must have the worst luck known to man. I rarely get grouped with assholes/rude people. Granted I'm usually the most geared person in the group and it wouldn't make sense to be a dick to the person doing the carrying, but even on my not so geared alts I rarely run into these types of people.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    TL,DR version : A thread about rude/aggressive/unfriendly player attitudes towards newly dinged players, your thoughts on it. Do you have this attitude too perhaps?

So I logged on tonight at 2am to do this frostlord, the cloak is useful for my just dinged lvl90 hunter. The game allows me to queue dispite my low gear, meaning as expected (like in previous expansions) the boss is tuned to be easily beatable regardless of gear.

I enter the instance and before the fight has even started I've been called a "low geared scrub" by the healer, the mage also then mentions he hates people with low gear. The fight starts and my pet is killed by the elite elemental, which is not being tanked by the tank. I mention "pet died, can you tank the elite" to which the healer replies "why the fuck should we care, turn off growl retard" to which I reply that growl wasn't on. The fight goes on with a complaint about the group dps from the healer, more complaining about low geared people being scrubs and then he comments "why can't people use their brains". At this point he mentions he will no longer heal the low dps, and mostly just stands around doing nothing.

Mid fight I mention that this is my alt, and a semi conversation continues with me stating the logic that gear does not magically appear when you ding 90, and that the reason I was doing the easy event was for easy gear. Also that the only reason my damage is particularely low is due to the tank not holding agro on anything and mend pet not being enough to keep my pet alive when it is taking damage from multiple sources, I had to res my pet multiple times despite my best efforts to keep it alive.

After some more insulting elitist comments the conversation stops and the fight continues until we beat the boss, the mage dps leaves stating that I "should go to hell and suck satans dick". Now this was not down to a bad playing experience, there were no wipes and nobody in the group died, I was called a brainless scrub who should suck a dick because I have an alt that just hit level 90 in blues/greens, and this started before the fight even began.

What do you think? Are you one of the people who spits on those with low gear like they are some mindless scum of the universe? Or are you a logical and level headed person who can be understanding of other people? The reality of it is that gear has nothing to do with skill, but without gear you're severly limited, but it has to be earned and you have to start somewhere.
    Why are you surprised ? Why do you care ? This is the internet where you will find people being unreasonably rude to you for no good reason. You need to learn to pick your battles cause this was not one of them. Anything you said in that dungeon was just going to be used against you. I would of just kept quiet, do what I was there to do and get out and forget the entire experience ever happened.

Nice strawman.

I never implied any of the above at all, I am simply stating that the game does NOT teach you the best DPS rotations for your spec and the community does not help this situation at all.

This is getting addressed in the next patch with proving grounds I hope, but right now it is not always (key word always) the player's fault if he is doing poor dps/healing/tanking
    Too easy to make my point with people like you.

Keep having a sub par life. Enjoy having the last words.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a fight like Ahune poor DPS can make it horribly slow and dreadful, but it's not the lower geared players who you should watch out for, it's jut the players actually doing poor DPS.

Generally I'm patient enough to just continue doing my job unless someone is consistently causing us to wipe over and over again for the same reasons (and refusing to do something about said reasons).

My DPS dk guildie and I (BRM tank) carried a group of trade pickups through MSV10 the other day, and while certain people kept getting themselves killed and we had multiple players at the 30-50k DPS range, shit was still dying quickly thanks to 534 monk and 537 dk powa and we never wiped once. Basically, the only person complaining about the 30k dps rogue that was constantly dying was the 60k dps priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Omg sub 20 vote baddie in our group. God no, kick them please.
    If such an upvote system was in place, you'd never see your own score or anyone elses.

You thumbs up the good players and continue to play with them, so long as they thump up you. All the jerks don't get a thumps up, they go into the cesspool. You can't really troll this system, because the amount of troll players will always be less than the positive ones. Like I said, 100 player server and 10 are total dicks, even if the trolls only vote for trolls thats 10 votes each, compared to 90 votes that the "good" players get.

The only negative impact would be all the trolls flocking to the forums and asking why the hell they're stucking with 2 hour long ques and having to group with douchebags. I can live with that, as it serves them right.

There's a difference between low gear and low skill. You aren't going to do as well as someone in epics, but you should still be able to pull off moderate dps for your gear level. Some low gear people I've seen half ass their way through scenarios/dungeons/lfr/ahune expecting the better geared people to carry them. If your pet dies, it's your fault. Don't complain, just revive your pet and keep pushing on. You're going to deal with intolerant people every now and then, just don't give them a valid excuse to act that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you offer me an apple, and I don't take it, whose apple is it?

Learn to ignore what idiots say.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I got highly confused with TL;DR in start of the post >.<

But to reply.
    no i don't care about their gearlvl or dps. Specially not now, since you can solo several bosses, in startergear
    In cata i tanked grim batol and a paladin came in, doing 1k dps, which was a good deal below acceptable (3k being thumb of rule, 6-10k being possible), but he did good on first boss, didn't fail the mechanics, unlike the healer and 2 other dps.
    Those failing flamed him, while i tried to tell we didn't die because of him, but them.
    Didn't work, and the guy left. I ended up leaving the group soon after, because they were terrible, and had that annoying attitude.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Doesn't mean it should be tolerated. I might have been a little bugged to see someone with low gear, but I'd probably have kept it to myself. Ahune is a joke and doesn't even need a real tank. 4 DPS + Healer = Faster winning.
    If a new player doesn't open his mouth (aks questions in chat) and messes up I blame him or even kick him. If he just asks me anything, even if it is 10 questions about a simple boss I'm happy to take my time and explain it.

I'm not in a dungeon to boost retards, I am however open to help where asked.

It is just a slow, boring and repetitive boss that gets even slower, more boring and more repetitive the shittier the dps is.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Just assholes, get used to it in the WoW community where:

Everyone has played since vanilla
    Everyone has raided hardcore
    Everyone was pulling 100K+ dps on a fresh 90
    Everyone knows how to run multi-million dollar companies better than people who actually run a multi-million dollar company
    Everyone thinks they know what is best for the game
    Wise words some people need to take notice. Sarcasm appreciated

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It is just a slow, boring and repetitive boss that gets even slower, more boring and more repetitive the shittier the dps is.
    So why are you doing it?

If you are grinding a pet with random groups that might have newbies who actually need a piece of 480 gear, what sort of experience exactly do you think you're entitled to? What do you expect?

I have one copy of the pet and several copies of the scythe and haven't been in there myself this year. But in years past, hell, I even wiped there once or twice. Didn't bother me, much.