Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being at a healthy weight and having a good level of fitness feels great. If you're overweight it'll certainly take some work to get there first. But after that, with the changes in lifestyle you'll have made, it's not too hard to stay where you are. You can then eat sensibly (i.e. not junk food every day, but a mixture of healthy things and treats) and exercise maybe 1 hour 4-5 times a week, and easily stay at a good level of fitness.

Really there's no down side to it for me! I like exercising anyway, and your body looks better just as a by product of what you're doing. Plus you feel more energetic and so that and, to an extent, the improvement in the way you look, will have you feeling better mentally too. Even if you don't like exercise, it's well worth it to put in a few hours a week to get years of higher quality living.

The cost isn't too high either. I do have a gym membership, which is around £25 a month. But I could easily get by without that if I was poor. A few weights and somewhere to train outside would work. If you're incredibly busy then time might be a factor, but most people have at least a few spare hours in their week they could use for exercise if they wanted to. When they'd otherwise be watching tv or talking about things on the internet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Up until I turned 15, I was highly active and played club soccer. Pushed for ODP and made that aswell. So when I did start to get fat due to quitting soccer and picking up WoW... It wasn't hard for me to start hitting the gym again. Before working out... I had gone 4 years w/ no fitness and managed to get up to 205 lbs at 5'5"... now I didn't look like some fat piece of shit, my body proportioned my fat so I looked husky at best. After realizing how pathetic my situation was and where I came from... I started to workout and be fit again. Started with just running and got a gym membership so that I could do casual lifting. Long story short, I build an addiction to bodybuilding and for the past 3 years i've been hitting the gym 5 times a week.

How does it feel to be fit? Amazing. Not only did my confidence sky rocket... I wasn't as anti-social anymore and I was more outgoing and less introverted. I like the feeling of everyone looking at me... I don't look at them, but through my peripherals, I can see plenty of people turning their heads in my direction. Even chicks will try to come up to me and spark a conversation, but I usually tell them off since they probably wouldn't be talking to me if it weren't for the gym in the first place, so I stay trustworthy and put all 100% of my focus in lifting and after that I can talk if they're down.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

It feels good. You can mate with good looking humans when you're good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Athabaska View Post
    ^

If copulation isn't good enough reason for ya, then the enormous health benefit of being in shape should be attractive enough.

Practically eliminating your risk of diabetes, orthopedic problems, sleep apnea, snoring, depression, etc. Proper diet and exercise can do wonders for your health.

I've never been overweight but I've definitely been out of shape. Freshman year of college I did very little physical activity and skinny fat, surviving off energy drinks left me feeling genuinely crappy most days.

Be alpha, be healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Unfortunately fitness and health has become a time consuming luxury. If you can't easily afford the all including costs and have the spare time needed then you'll most likely fail, simple as that. It's true that motivation is key but when you work 10-14 hours/day for minimum/normal wage then it's no longer realistic, not in terms of economy and not in terms of spare time.

This is the costs and time tables I encountered when trying to get and stay in shape.
    Sorry mate but that is one lame excuse. Absolutely ridiculous that is!

I can picture a fat lazy person saying that sort of thing, making every excuse in the book..... "Ohhhhh I wouldnt be fat if I could afford it and had the time". If you spared 10+ minutes to read this forum and respond, then you can spare 10 minutes to exercise your body. Oh and I know for a fact you spend more than just 10 minutes sat on your ass at your PC, so dont give that crap saying you dont have time.
    And before you say 10 minutes isnt going to do much, well a 10 minute workout is better than a 0 minute workout isnt it?

You dont need to join a gym membership to get fit, vegetables and fruit cost pennies... Tuna and Chicken is extremely cheap too!
    So I am sorry to say but you are full of shit mate. Its all about priorities, I bet you are willing to spend money and put time into your gaming habits.... but not to your own actual body and fitness? Well that is your big, very big problem.

Id like to wish you not post your negativity in this thread again, because unlike you the OP is actually wanting to make a change as he clearly values himself unlike you. So begone

It's great but don't expect it to solve all your problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Sorry mate but that is one lame excuse. Absolutely ridiculous that is!

I can picture a fat lazy person saying that sort of thing, making every excuse in the book..... "Ohhhhh I wouldnt be fat if I could afford it and had the time". If you spared 10+ minutes to read this forum and respond, then you can spare 10 minutes to exercise your body. Oh and I know for a fact you spend more than just 10 minutes sat on your ass at your PC, so dont give that crap saying you dont have time.
    And before you say 10 minutes isnt going to do much, well a 10 minute workout is better than a 0 minute workout isnt it?

You dont need to join a gym membership to get fit, vegetables and fruit cost pennies... Tuna and Chicken is extremely cheap too!
    So I am sorry to say but you are full of shit mate. Its all about priorities, I bet you are willing to spend money and put time into your gaming habits.... but not to your own actual body and fitness? Well that is your big, very big problem.

Id like to wish you not post your negativity in this thread again, because unlike you the OP is actually wanting to make a change as he clearly values himself unlike you. So begone
    That's the problem with you people (Retards, that is), you can never grasp that other people may have a different set of priorities, values or economical outlooks. You are completely unable to understand that "habits" may also be a hobby, much like the exerciser life style you probably are fond of. Instead of illuminating the person on the "difficult" sacrifices they'll have to make both when it comes to nutrition and reprioritized spare time(Sacrificing hobbies) we'd much rather neckbeard and be naive, tricking the person to enter deep water before he can even swim. I'm sorry, again I completely misunderstood the function of this forum.

To OP: Don't worry about it mate. It's piss easy, just think happy thoughts and you'll be in tiptop shape within hours. It's really that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Ehm, before I ate 2900 calories a day, so going from 2900 to 2400 is a good improvement. :P 1500, 1000, they are all going overkill and I do not want that.
    Yeah 2400 Calorie intake is a good goal from what you're coming from, drop that to 2000 and you'll be fine. Also Ketosis is based on a low carb intake while taking in a higher fat/protein diet. Honestly that's what I'm going for now, now that soda is dropped I get to eat what I love and that's Chicken with veggies and some rice!

Deleted
    Wow wow, it's just weight loss guys, nothing to be calling each other names for.

Either way, I am at 2000 for today. 400 more if I wish so.

I've personally gone from like 124kgs to now around 96kgs in, say, 1½ years.
    This is after, similar to you, being overweight/fat my whole life since at some point becoming overweight as a kid (think I was 8 or 9).
    I'm still trying to get further down, taking it slow.

I can share the following observations with you:
    It is a good idea to take it slow so you don't end up giving up.
    And because you might have a family event or something with a big feast where you let go a bit more, doesn't mean it all collapses.
    Generally, YES, getting into a bit better shape, more fit etc, will make you feel better on several different levels (physically, mentally, etc.)
    Is it "worth it" compared to "eating what you want?"
    Once you get into better shape, you will find you really can eat what you want a lot more freely, while still keeping the weight going down.
    Its really just getting properly started and then keeping the exercise up.
    Go for it mate, good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the problem with you people (Retards, that is), you can never grasp that other people may have a different set of priorities, values or economical outlooks. You are completely unable to understand that "habits" may also be a hobby, much like the exerciser life style you probably are fond of. Instead of illuminating the person on the "difficult" sacrifices they'll have to make both when it comes to nutrition and reprioritized spare time(Sacrificing hobbies) we'd much rather neckbeard and be naive, tricking the person to enter deep water before he can even swim. I'm sorry, again I completely misunderstood the function of this forum.

To OP: Don't worry about it mate. It's piss easy, just think happy thoughts and you'll be in tiptop shape within hours. It's really that easy.
    Well you have said a bunch of BS that just concerns you. A good work out can be done in 45-50 minutes. People tend to go to gym's that are close to home, not 30 minutes away. A lot of gym's don't use contracts, but by a month by month basis. And 80 bucks a month is pretty absurd here in the states. Most gyms like Golds Gym are 30 bucks a month. Really luxurious clubs who wipe your own ass are in the range of 80 bucks.

If you are really wasting 2 hours and 20-30 bucks a day on food...holy shit man! You can easily get away with 10-15 bucks max and can budget to spend less than on junk food and fast food. You should try buying your veggies, and meats in bulk and spend one a day a week, like a Sunday and cook for the entire week.

If we were to compare in a nut shell. I go to the gym every other day. I do a full body work out every time as well. Squat, Bench, Deadlift, shoulder press, rows for my shoulder and back/lats, calf raises and abs in under 1 hour. Transportation is 3 minutes. I pay 15 bucks bi weekly so just 15 bucks a paycheck. I buy my food in bulk and prepare on Sunday nights. End up spending 10-12 bucks a day in a week on food. I'm doing 1/3rd the effort and getting the same, if not better results. More, if not most have more in common with my routine than yours.
    Last edited by Palmz; 2013-06-24 at 12:00 AM.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Snip
    My intention wasn't to tell him how it has to be, only how it was for me and possibly could be for him. I think it's good to have different points of view on a topic and not just the poster stories that dominated this thread. Y'know a good, broad sense of reality. It's easier to avoid making mistakes if you know more than one side of a story. Anyways, leaving that behind us.

European prices may differ a lot for groceries, especially when it's fresh and/or organic vegetables and meats. The cheapest gym memberships in my town range from 50-80 bucks, whereas the luxurious memberships can go way above $100-200/month, those usually include a few hours with a personal trainer and a nutritionist though. However, with the cheaper memberships you aren't guaranteed to have a smooth work-out as you have fixed times you're allowed to train, usually around 12-6pm, prime hours are reserved for gold members only. So for me it was straight from work to the gym, get as much out of the time as possible until 6PM, rush to the store and buy food, cook food and shower and then 30 min in front of TV/Computer before bed, rinse and repeat. It was too hectic for me to keep up and too expensive in terms of what I felt I got out of it.
    ( I wasn't strong willed enough, won't cloud that fact)

Again, this isn't to scare him off, I'm sure he's a fully functional adult that is capable of rinsing out the bits and pieces that may apply to him. It's just for him to see that it isn't a dance on roses all the time and it requires a lot of dedication and stubbornness. Having a stable life (Work, socially etc) doesn't hurt your success rate either. And as with everything good in life it requires sacrifices.

Deleted
    Yes, have been lifting for 3-4 years so....I am not fully without exercise.

Why wouldnt you want to be healthy?! Why??? Eating a well balanced diet and doing a little exercise known again is all it takes to get a healthier lifestyle back on track. It means a hell of a lot more than just looking good, its not just about now either, its about the future too! Damn. I dont know what is wrong with people like you.
    There are those who are actively keeping fit. There are those out of shape but are trying their damned best to get fit...... and then we have people like you.... those who just do not care, lack of selfrespect slobs who are nothing but a waste of space to be quite honest. Your problem is your problem. Maybe when your in ya death bed suffering from a slow death you will realise what changes you should have made all them years ago, but ofcourse by that time it will be too late.. then again you still probably wont care because you have no value for yourself at all do you.
    Sorry to sound harsh, but thats the reality of it.

Jevlin and DStukt, you both sound like children, seriously ever heard of walk a mile in a persons shoe's so you know what it's like? Jevlin I understand it maybe tough economically but there's ways to compromise. As to DStrukt, you have know idea Jevlin's upbringing and life style/conditions he/she maybe living in. I seriously hate some threads on mmo champ where people claim all fat people are lazy and don't respect themselves when in fact it's you (the people who call out overweight people) who looks like a fool and lacks some common respect and show no sympathy for your fellow man. It just really pisses me off with how quick people are to judge these days when you have zero clue as to what non-sense you're spouting.

Think what you will with what I have said but I myself am one who's struggled with weight all my life and am in the process of getting it under control, but before you judge me or call me stupid, please think twice as I assure you you're so very wrong with your messed up thought process.

Yeah ok I agree I will stop going on at him, its his life, I am just trying to push him. You are right I know nothing about him, its his life so he can do what he likes, but there should never be any excuses, only lazy people make excuses. No matter the individuals circumstances, that said I will leave now but not without a couple of images

Not in so good form lately and so hard to push myself to start working out on a daily bases :/

Deleted
    You should never have sex as a goal for working out. You should do it because you will feel better. Sex is just a bonus

A lot of people actually eat what they want while exersising.
    You burn a lot more when moving around, and your body seems to be better at figuring out how much you need.

I have no downsides from being in shape. I eat what i want, when i want to. I never ever cared about if things was healthy or not
    And it's nice being able to sleep 20 minutes longer than the one next to me, and still come in time on the bike, because i don't drive 10-+15 km/h on the bike
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Being in shape has little to do with being good looking.

The only folks that can answer this question are likely to be folks who were in awful shape, and then got in shape (or vice versa). Otherwise, what you feel is status quo, and you don't have much to compare to.

For example, folks who have been in shape their whole lives have no concept of what it feels like to be morbidly obese. The inverse is also true.