15+ Year Old Account

Static Shock soakable 10 man Heroic Lei Shen

I'm trying to work out how much Static Shock hits for on 10 man Heroic, with the variable to certain conduits being levelled up. I'm not one for maths, and maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but can anyone teach me how to decipher this infomation from this my guild's logs from Static Shock please?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=68397

I've read that you can get 58% reduction with Sham rage + Astra Shift, and am wondering whether it's worth going for PE for an extra 20% reduction. May also be nice for last phase.

Thanks! Ek

Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    I've read that you can get 58% reduction with Sham rage + Astra Shift, and am wondering whether it's worth going for PE for an extra 20% reduction. May also be nice for last phase.
    Keep in mind that it's multiplicative, not additive. So adding PE to it will only push the reduction to 66.4%.

Deleted
    Once we got SR, AS is weak talent. SBT is much better (and it's getting buffed in 5.4). It's all due to multiplicative stacking of dmg reduction.

EDIT : Well to be fair : AS is better if you want to soak big hits (more than 200k in 6 s), which is rarely case. All in all shaman is not supposed to soak big hits like rogue or priest.
    Last edited by mmoc7a44256790; 2013-06-23 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    It's possible with PE, AS and SR. However, it really isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudko View Post
    Once we got SR, AS is weak talent. SBT is much better (and it's getting buffed in 5.4). It's all due to multiplicative stacking of dmg reduction.

EDIT : Well to be fair : AS is better if you want to soak big hits (more than 200k in 6 s), which is rarely case. All in all shaman is not supposed to soak big hits like rogue or priest.
    This topic is about Lei Shen HC. Every soak of Bouncing Bolt, Thunderstruck and Static Shock is more than 200k.

Realistically, no you can't solo soak. You should be on a platform that can group soak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Realistically, no you can't solo soak. You should be on a platform that can group soak.
    Thanks for all the responses.

Deleted
    I have solo soaked the first transition period with a pain sup, second transition it gets too much dmg (25man btw)

3,000,000 dmg output on first transition
    Astral shift: 40%
    Shamanistic rage: 30%
    Reinforce: 20%
    Glyphed water totem: 10%
    Pain sup: 40%

3,000,000 x 0.6 x 0.7 x 0.8 x 0.9 x 0.6 = 544,320 health taken
    Plus throw in a 100k PW Shield for good measure, also remember to include a change weapon & shield macro to say a low level blue one, so when you re-equit your main wep and shield it drops your health so that you get priority heals from healing stream totem. And the 10% nature dmg reduction