Thread: Mm 5.3

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mm 5.3

Hey all,

Pretty much I haven't played MM since halfway through DS. I figured now I might as well have some fun and also practice since we're getting pigeonholed into MM for interrupts next tier.

The problem is since I haven't played the spec in ages I need advice regarding talents/opener/stats/priorities/etc from talented hunters. Im sure Stool can help out but Im also looking for people who have tried it this tier eg. ive seen Libertarian talk about trying it with Rune etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated

care to explain why were getting pidgeonholed into MM?

Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    care to explain why were getting pidgeonholed into MM?
    Sorry my original post wasn't very well written. I raid 10mans and if we need an interrupt...

Quote Originally Posted by Knyphyn View Post
    Sorry my original post wasn't very well written. I raid 10mans and if we need an interrupt...
    If you don't have 2 melee in a 10m, your raid group sucks tbh. Hunters have never been assigned as an Interrupt outside of very special cases(Valithria Dreamwalker 25HC, had to interrupt a few times).

The most ideal comp for 10m is 2 tank(1 with MDPS OS), 3 healers(1 with RDPS OS), 2 MDPS, 3 RDPS. And no fight ever needs more than 2 interrupts really, and even then you have tanks with their interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you don't have 2 melee in a 10m, your raid group sucks tbh. Hunters have never been assigned as an Interrupt outside of very special cases(Valithria Dreamwalker 25HC, had to interrupt a few times).

The most ideal comp for 10m is 2 tank(1 with MDPS OS), 3 healers(1 with RDPS OS), 2 MDPS, 3 RDPS. And no fight ever needs more than 2 interrupts really, and even then you have tanks with their interrupts.
    Trust me I know how a raid comp works. However there can be times when people are away/etc..

Furthermore not the point of the thread

If you need to change a spec for an interrupt for a raid group, an interrupt that has a long cd, then I feel bad for you, almost everyone else can interrupt, I don't see how it's a problem?

Hey all,

Pretty much I haven't played MM since halfway through DS. I figured now I might as well have some fun and also practice since we're getting pigeonholed into MM for interrupts next tier.

The problem is since I haven't played the spec in ages I need advice regarding talents/opener/stats/priorities/etc from talented hunters. Im sure Stool can help out but Im also looking for people who have tried it this tier eg. ive seen Libertarian talk about trying it with Rune etc.

Hey I'll join you with some MM fun next week. Are there any mods to save my current specs? I don't want to completely wipe all my keybinds out for survival or bm. The rune was part of my testing back when aimed shot was a preferred method of focus dump (and we didn't have much information regarding rune), but now that arcane was buffed it may not be. Who knows though? 30k+ haste marks sounds fun.

Also, our opener is probably the same as it was in late tier 11/firelands but add in crows and glaive toss I imagine.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-06-23 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I don't want to completely wipe all my keybinds out for survival or bm.
    You only really have to swap a few abilities. I always swap my Survival spec for Marksmanship and the things I replace are the following:

Explosive Shot - Aimed Shot
    Cobra Shot - Steady Shot
    Black Arrow - Chimera Shot
    Fevor - Dire Beast
    Binding Shot new keybind.

Don't forget that you need to track Steady Focus. I track all my buffs and debuffs with NeedToKnow and some power auras, but what I did was simply made another NeedToKnow bar to track Steady Focus and put it right ontop of my Black Arrow bar. I'm sure there is an easier way but this does exactly what I need it to do. It shows Black Arrow when I use that, and Steady Focus when I use that.

I probably forgot some small things here and there, but I think this gets the point across.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    You only really have to swap a few abilities. I always swap my Survival spec for Marksmanship and the things I replace are the following:

Cobra Shot - Steady Shot
    Fevor - Dire Beast

Don't forget that you need to track Steady Focus. I track all my buffs and debuffs with NeedToKnow and some power auras, but what I did was simply made another NeedToKnow bar to track Steady Focus and put it right ontop of my Black Arrow bar. I'm sure there is an easier way but this does exactly what I need it to do. It shows Black Arrow when I use that, and Steady Focus when I use that.

I probably forgot some small things here and there, but I think this gets the point across.
    Do you always hard cast aimed shot during rapid? 1.1 cast speed with 12000 haste seems like the way to go (until 2 set next tier?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Do you always hard cast aimed shot during rapid? 1.1 cast speed with 12000 haste seems like the way to go (until 2 set next tier?)
    I do, but I sometimes mix in an Arcane Shot if I'm very high on focus to prevent focus capping.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just use a pet with an interrupt in your situation?
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-06-23 at 01:09 PM.

Hey all,

I haven't touched MM at all since SV was the best spec in DS. The only thing I can say is even with my haste it would be a wash between casting AiS or using AS when fully raid buffed without any haste effects. With haste effects, I'd say casting AiS would be better.

I'm not sure on the stat priority, but most likely it will be something like Crit > Haste > Mastery.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I'd say at this point, if you felt like Hardcasting Aimed Shot during Rapid Fire/Bloodlust, go for it. If you prefer Arcane Shot, then more power to you. They are neck and neck and it can just come down to choice, kinda like Fervor almost.
    Last edited by Flidro; 2013-06-23 at 01:26 PM.

223k on LFR durumu with my gear just now. Hard casting aimed during CA, only using chimera to refresh at ~2s during CA. Then only casting aimed shot during rapid fire. This was probably like 95% of optimal play. I haven't touched marks since Firelands or so.

I've been trying to find a class/spec that I liked to play. I tried a LOT of different stuff, but in the end last week I finally found MM Hunter.
    The whole rotation appeals to me a lot.

I roll with Thrill, Blink and Barrage. The flow at first was strange, but then you really get in to it. I've gotten to the point where keeping SF up is in my rotation and easy to keep up, although on a 5-10 min fight I sometimes still cap focus because of Thrill, but that will be solved if they increase AS damage and cost next patch.

I open with trinket > serpent > stampede > aimed > chymera > RF (unless they blow BL) and till 80% I ignore both barrage and AS, just keep spamming Steady and Aimed, while shooting Chymera on CD while resetting RF with Readiness when it runs out.
    Under 80%: keep up SF, use Chym and Barrage on CD while shooting free AS and trying not to cap focus > shoot free Aimed.
    Under 20%: same as under 80, but now you also have double KS.

Since I just started gearing: I did around 70k dps in my 468 ilevel gear.

AoE situation: I have glyph of no escape (+20% crit on mobs standing in frost trap). Put down Frost Trap with Explosive, then keep spamming MS and Barrage. (since I have Thrill I'm shooting free MSs when it procs, insane ownage and great to look at hundreds of arrows flying).

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    AoE situation: I have glyph of no escape (+20% crit on mobs standing in frost trap).
    Sorry m8 but it works on freezing trap, no ice trap. (making it ice trap would make it a bit op for some fights) LOL!

I've been trying to find a class/spec that I liked to play. I tried a LOT of different stuff, but in the end last week I finally found MM Hunter.
    The whole rotation appeals to me a lot.
    the rotation isn't like BM or SV, it's waaaay up in the air so i'm not sure how the rotation appeals to you. but i also tried MM and kinda liked it, but then you reach a point where you realize you're going to be sub par no matter what you do and it's just depressing and a huge turn off

edit: for the guy asking about an addon to save bars, action bar saver is a great addon to save your bars/keybinds/macros
    Last edited by cashzilla; 2013-06-24 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Cobra Shot - Steady Shot
    Fevor - Dire Beast
    That's hilarious because I was about to say the same exact thing. I think my hunter has to be the easiest to spec swap with due to this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucio View Post
    Sorry m8 but it works on freezing trap, no ice trap. (making it ice trap would make it a bit op for some fights) LOL!
    Hmm you are right, meh, I guess I'll have to change that to something... too bad there're no interesting mayor glyphs for MM.

I open with trinket > serpent > stampede > aimed > chymera > RF (unless they blow BL) and till 80% I ignore both barrage and AS, just keep spamming Steady and Aimed, while shooting Chymera on CD while resetting RF with Readiness when it runs out.
    Have you considered waiting until you have Steady Focus up to pop Rapid Fire? This is what I've been doing:

Stampede
    Aimed Shot
    Chimera Shot
    Steady x 2
    Serpent Sting
    Rapid Fire -> Aimed Shot dump

I'm not sure if that's optimal or not, but it just made more sense to get SF up before blowing RF.