H Lei Shen Raid Comp Question

Hey all we had a few pulls on H Lei Shen (10m) tonight. Any ideas/tips regarding what you think would be best for us would be great in regard to the phase transitions based on our raid comp! 9/10 can Solo soak static shock (except for Disc Priest) which seems pretty good so we went with Static Shock then Diffusion Chain, We also did the standard 3 3 2 2 for 1st transition but frankly it didn't seem to work that well. Possibly because we only did a few pulls but im not sure maybe the 1 2 3 4 strat is better?

Anyways my question is: Is Static Shock and then Diffusion still the cookie cutter way of doing 10m? And is doing 3 3 2 2 the best idea for 1st transition based on our raid comp?

This is the comp we went with tonight:

Protadin
    Prot Warrior (Also has geared Bear if thats better)

Mistweaver
    Disc

BM Hunter
    SV Hunter
    Ret Paladin
    Fire Mage
    Demo Warlock
    Unholy DK

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Last edited by Sting123; 2013-06-23 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Boomkin (Biggest problem we found was no rogue or spriest so he couldn't solo one via symbiosis)
    Minor correction, Boomkins get Mass Dispel from priests, so having one wouldn't help him.

The bear would be great as a tank for this, using the ursols vortex to keep the balls together and you can alternate it with gorefiends from the dk. Mage, lock, spriest, hunters can do great with static shock soaks and the utility of the demon gateway is unmatched for this fight.
    i would sit the boomkin and the holy pally and run with it

Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Hey all we had a few pulls on H Lei Shen (10m) tonight. Anyways we have a pretty large roster and I really felt like our current comp was pretty awful for transitions that we used tonight. Any ideas/tips regarding what you think would be best for us would be great! We went with Static Shock then Diffusion Chain (Although we didn't get to 2nd transition) We also did the standard 3 3 2 2 for 1st transition and went with 2 healers. Is Static Shock and then Diffusion still the cookie cutter way of doing 10m? And is doing 3 3 2 2 the best idea for 1st transition?

This is the comp we went with tonight (if you guys think its a decent comp we could just continue with it):

Protadin
    Prot Warrior (Very Geared Bear Alt if bears are better on lei shen or something?)

Mistweaver
    Disc

BM Hunter
    SV Hunter
    Boomkin (Biggest problem we found was no rogue or spriest so he couldn't solo one via symbiosis)
    Fire Mage
    Demo Warlock
    Unholy DK

Other players we can bring in as we run with a 12m roster:

536 Holy Paladin / 530 OS Ret (Plays both equally well)
    Shadow Priest (Solid player but only 529 ilvl)

Bottom Line: All of these players on the roster are core players I have no problem subbing people in and out if that will help us on the fight. We can basically bring in a Spriest or Ret Paladin as mentioned and sit a DPS, as Mistweaver/Disc is pretty strong from the looks of it as well as have our Prot Warrior switch to his Bear if that would be better? Another Stamp roar couldn't hurt I assume

Thanks for your thoughts!

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 02:13 AM ----------

It all depends on how your team handles the corners. Lock, mage, mists in 1 corner. Disc, hunter, shadow in another. Bear and dk together. Prot and hunter or whatever u picked. The dk is the least mobile out of everyone so maybe give them the gateway, all depends on how ur team handles helm.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifCannon View Post
    Minor correction, Boomkins get Mass Dispel from priests, so having one wouldn't help him.
    Oooops ya xD got that mixed up with kitty ty ill edit it

Deleted
    If the boomkin uses symb on the warlock for the 40% damage reduction, he should be able to survive it with barkskin and a priest shield no problem.

This may be neither here nor there, but it will take a good number of attempts for everyone to not only start reading the minds of the other people on their platform and head to right things (this is why it is rather important to pick a comp and stick with it) but to also see all of the different combinations of events that can screw over a platform. And everyone will piss and moan RNG this and that, but eventually all situations can be handled so just make sure you learn and analyze what you could have you could done to survive it next time.

Also, we found it easy enough to do the 3/3/2/2 method keeping the tanks split on the two platforms with 2 people. In a sense you want a tanks to be apart as since they are immune to a couple things, it helps balance out platforms or helps play into your advantage for static shocks/etc.

For the second transition we went with 4/4/2 for a similar reason in that it was easy to tone down one platform entirely than deal with the chaos of 4/3/3. Myself and our dk tank manned the 2 person platform each time (Moonkin with rogue symbiosis) and if we got unfortunate diffusions, etc. it was just healed through by me and if I got 2 static shocks the dk and myself could easily survive with me popping barkskin/might of ursoc and dk using AMZ.

In the end you'll have to figure out what works best for you, but my advice is try to keep the platforms as consistent as possible. It got to a point pretty quickly where myself and dk didn't have to say a word to soak 2 balls, deal with helm of command and deal with 2 static shocks on me since we went to the same area of the platform each time, and had an understanding that I would get the furthest ball to soak with cat blink, etc. A majority of wipes will be building this connection with the people on your platform as things can go wrong in an instant.