Deleted

Best Pets for PvP?

Hey guys

I just hit 90 on my hunter and am gearing for arena with BGs.

I kept the starting pet all the way to 90 since it didnt seem a problem, but now im 90 and going to a arena i feel i need to understand them more.

Which pet should i be using and what should i have for stampede?

Thanks for any help!

PS. I will probably spend 95% of my time in 2v2 if that makes a difference to choices

Deleted
    I like a spirit beast for the healing and mastery. As bm that is. as MM i like to use a spider for web, to keep those nasty melees away from me. But i am not pro player just what i do

Deleted
    Im always BM, i see most top players using other stuff than spirit beasts though

Don't think it matters what pets you have for stampede after the nerf.

After the stampede beat down the only pet that will matter is the one you're using since the others just do white damg. As for what pet... well I don't really pvp so I wouldn't know exactly but I have seen spirit beats, spiders and I think monkeys have a stun? Looks like MM will be the only viable pvp spec in 5.4 and who knows if it'll even be that great :/ guess well see.

Deleted
    Spirit beast with glyphed stampede seems to be best for just about everything. 5x Spirit mend is pretty much priceless in low bracket PVP and especially in 2vs2. Having the ability to keep yourself and/or your teammate's HP up is a huge relief and allow you to push your opponent hard for a bit longer than you would be able to without it. Spirit beast is the clear winner for me in 2vs2.

Edit: Also the stampede nerf isn't all that bad. Most of the sustained damage came from white hits to begin with so its /meh.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-06-23 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Spirit beast with glyphed stampede seems to be best for just about everything. 5x Spirit mend is pretty much priceless in low bracket PVP and especially in 2vs2. Having the ability to keep yourself and/or your teammate's HP up is a huge relief and allow you to push your opponent hard for a bit longer than you would be able to without it. Spirit beast is the clear winner for me in 2vs2.

Edit: Also the stampede nerf isn't all that bad. Most of the sustained damage came from white hits to begin with so its /meh.
    You do realise that after the stampede nerf, what you just described doing it's actually not possible any more.
    Last edited by mmoc78e57463b6; 2013-06-24 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post

You make my day lol

Stampede fix is nerf to dmg because pets don't hit so much with autoatack, also before u can have all raid buff when bursting with stampede, now you can't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkem View Post
    You do realise that after the stampede nerf, what you just described doing it's actually possible any more right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psionicist View Post
    You make my day lol

Stampede fix is nerf to dmg because pets don't hit so much with autoatack, also before u can have all raid buff when bursting with stampede, now you can't.

LMAO! I have nothing for my defense, lets call it denial.

Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    Hey guys

I just hit 90 on my hunter and am gearing for arena with BGs.

I kept the starting pet all the way to 90 since it didnt seem a problem, but now im 90 and going to a arena i feel i need to understand them more.

Which pet should i be using and what should i have for stampede?

Thanks for any help!

PS. I will probably spend 95% of my time in 2v2 if that makes a difference to choices

get a sporebat

If you can identify what you're struggling with, it would be easier to figure out what kind of pet you would do best with.

Trouble kiting? Get a spider to root.
    Trouble against healers? Get a pet that interrupts.
    Trouble getting ganged up on? Get a crane to CC one player.

There's no one best pet for everything. You need to be able to think, analyze, and decide what's best.

I just do the pet that gives the buff that your team doesnt have

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey bro, I'm Survival and using scorpion(disarm 1min cd) for melee and a moth( 4 sec dust cloud) goat (25% casting slow) for ranged. When I Play Bm spritbeast or shale spider.

Deleted
    Im trying to get a spirit beast but all of them seem to be camped, any tips or is it just luck?

Otherwise in 2v2 its really only hard when the other team has a healer so i guess an interrupt pet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it depends on the situation and what type of PvP you're going to be doing.

My husband and I were running lower end arenas, double dps and I found that after 5.3 (shale spider cc nerf) the spirit beast heal was priceless for arenas for me. If you're doing higher end arenas, have a healer, or are doing 3s or 5s, you might find a pet with a CC such as shale spider stun or crane sleep works better for you.

I don't PvP competitively really, only for fun, but I believe in 2s your best bet if the other team has a healer is to CC the healer and burst the dps as hard as you can...get the healer to trinket and then cc them again and kill their partner while they watch, helplessly cc'd.

If you're doing RBGs you're going to have heals so you might find a pet like a regular spider is better for you for the web. Random bgs, it depends on if your team has healers or not and if you're going to get heals.

As far as finding spirit beasts, learn their spawns and camp them but honestly with CRZ unless you're on a low pop server your chances decrease dramatically. Best bet is getting one of the spirit porcupines challenge tames in Pandaria since they're nearly always up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    Im trying to get a spirit beast but all of them seem to be camped, any tips or is it just luck?
    It's just luck for the rare spiritbeasts. But go for an easier spirit beast such as those in Pandaria(Porcupine) or GhostCrawler(crab) in Vashjir. Porcupines are always up and Ghostcrawler is too far away for people to be arsed going there to tame it.