Windwalker Monks

Just wondering how windwalkers were doing in pvp atm mainly random bgs and arena. I have one sitting at 89 just wondering if its worth me picking up because ive kinda hit a dead spot on my dk right now. Although i heard monks werent doing so well?

10+ Year Old Account
    they are awesome if u dedicate yourself to them I know I love mine

15+ Year Old Account
    WW monks have really good passive damage, somewhat like a feral druid but it is a little easier to kite a WW monk(you can snare one). But they also have good off heals.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

They seem awesome. i have nooo idea why i dont see more.
    Decent self heals, and actually hit realllly hard. I thought hunter/WW/x would be sweet. like a kfc mixed with thug, but ive only seen like 1 good one so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    The passive damage AND burst damage is insane. I've hit multiple 90ks in literally shitgear and I've been hit by multiple 144k rising sun kicks aswell. (and a 77k blackout kick)

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Decent self heals, and actually hit realllly hard. I thought hunter/WW/x would be sweet. like a kfc mixed with thug, but ive only seen like 1 good one so far.
    hunter and monk CC dr though, making the monk pretty much a warrior; only used for the stuns. xD

the selfheals are pretty OK, but nothing special and can be really hard to use when you're not using voice communi.

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    They are pretty good, but the way I see it is this. They are leather with no passive DR and without the escapes or supertankmode that rogues/ferals have. My dk (50k Necrotic strike crits, like the dmg part not the absorb part lol) and lock DESTROY ww monks sooo fast. They have some good cds like karma or diffuse but ww's are the squish. When I play against WW monks they roll in to do some damage and then have to roll out to avoid being destroyed. If they can stick on targets without a need to be defensive then yea they are pretty solid, but they seem to die so fast.

WW would probably go better with a ret or feral than a hunter, but WW is definitely in a good spot right now, and I wouldn't consider them OP or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    They are pretty good, but the way I see it is this. They are leather with no passive DR and without the escapes or supertankmode that rogues/ferals have. My dk (50k Necrotic strike crits, like the dmg part not the absorb part lol) and lock DESTROY ww monks sooo fast. They have some good cds like karma or diffuse but ww's are the squish. When I play against WW monks they roll in to do some damage and then have to roll out to avoid being destroyed. If they can stick on targets without a need to be defensive then yea they are pretty solid, but they seem to die so fast.

WW would probably go better with a ret or feral than a hunter, but WW is definitely in a good spot right now, and I wouldn't consider them OP or anything.
    WW monk IS best off with either one of those. Most preferably feral though. Simply because of unpeelable damage + INSANE selfheals and not DRing CC. (Every 15-20 seconds = 11 second cc chain).

Although next patch that'll get nerfed...

Ret/ww monk isnt that bad either I reckon because of insane selfheals withouth CDs needed, disarm, stuns and silences if the monk chooses RoP.

Tbh I don't have much trouble with destro locks. Well, only if they really train me. But 1v1 and shit I'm sometimes capable of selfhealing with orbs.

Deleted
    WW monk is excellent for 1v1 and 2s.

I can generally win all 1v1 fights except against some good rogues. Yes, GOOD ones, I piss on the average rogue. Also there is no way in hell I can beat huntards who have some manner of clue, OP as fuck and then some.
    But I often happen to lose because of the clunky gap closers. Sometimes nothing goes right and I hardly reach the target and then I'm dead. This destro lock ganked me at the golden lotus dailies and I only lost because my damn gap closers chain failed royally. Then he flew away and there was no rematch.

I have a good 1v1 performance because I'm using Healing Elixirs instead of Diffuse Magic. My burst is low as I use the tiger eye brew for healing and waste alot of stacks, so I have to rely on sustained damage, but I can stay up for a veeeery long time and usually just win by outlasting the opponent.
    Dueled this good frost mage and won just by a little bit. He says "You did fuck right and still won", as I admit I made quite a bit of mistakes, 1st fight of the day, give me a break , but I won because my self healing made up for the mistakes.

My best results in 2s were with a hunter (shocking!), as the opponents trained me thinking I'm squishy while the hunter was free to nuke the crap out of the focus target, and then it was a 1v2 or 1 vs hunter and guess who won.
    Last edited by mmoc7f02ba85a4; 2013-06-23 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are very strong 1v1 (still get shit on by huntards ofc) but average in 3v3

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    they are very strong 1v1 (still get shit on by huntards ofc) but average in 3v3
    Who doesn't get shit on by Huntards atm?
    Last edited by postalp; 2013-06-25 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're superior versions of Rogues and Warriors the only problem with them is that they actually take skill. That is why nobody plays them and most would rather settle with their mindless DK or Warrior. It's the same problem with Feral, its a completely superior melee spec but it requires a decent skill level to be good at.

I generally stick with whatever is easy. That is why I play DK, Warrior and Rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are in demand for FCing in RBGs because of their speed. They can heal from 50% to full no problem. Great damage.

Pretty much the perfect class, I have yet to beat an arena team with a WW monk in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I read this thread at work and decided to test out my main's alt spec. Used honour to buy the Tyranical Weapons, threw on my Malev/PvE gear and ran around in a BG. Brushed up on WW by reading the newly updated guide on AJ and then put my gear back in the bank after two BGs. Shudder.

BGs should not be a good measure of how good you/ your class can be, but my God that was an unpleasant experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I read this thread at work and decided to test out my main's alt spec. Used honour to buy the Tyranical Weapons, threw on my Malev/PvE gear and ran around in a BG. Brushed up on WW by reading the newly updated guide on AJ and then put my gear back in the bank after two BGs. Shudder.

BGs should not be a good measure of how good you/ your class can be, but my God that was an unpleasant experience.
    So you didn't perform well in 2 BGs and you quit? LOL, kneejerk reaction much?

Fun in 2v2 arenas and dueling. Great at spinning flags in RBGs, but no sensible high level team would take one instead of a rogue. However now, they want us to FC, but we're pure garbage if you don't land a WSG or TP bg.

If you want to pvp seriously play something else. Our utility is garbage =\ unless we get a raid cooldown of some sort in 5.4 we'll still be stuck in 2's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    Fun in 2v2 arenas and dueling. Great at spinning flags in RBGs, but no sensible high level team would take one instead of a rogue. However now, they want us to FC, but we're pure garbage if you don't land a WSG or TP bg.
    Why do people always assume that guilds doing rbgs have all classes available in ample supply so they can pick whatever the hell they want ?! My guild does high rated rbgs and we struggle with the lack of locks and rogues, and it doesn't actually impair our performance.

Thinking this is more elitist crap rather than actual practicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Why do people always assume that guilds doing rbgs have all classes available in ample supply so they can pick whatever the hell they want ?! My guild does high rated rbgs and we struggle with the lack of locks and rogues, and it doesn't actually impair our performance.

Thinking this is more elitist crap rather than actual practicality.
    Absolutly true, most guilds that play much higher rank than I do are in the same state when we chat : they do with what they have, and they don't have everything for that " over optimized comp with 3 heals 6 distant and 1 dk (and I don't detail) ". Probably because they don't have these in their guild/contacts for a regular roster, but mostly because they prefer to play with a good friend even at the cost of less optimization. There's room for everyone I think.

Too long ramp up time ruins class in 3v3 setting, essentially as monk you can't put counter preassure on any popular setups and by the time you hit sweet 10 teb the game is over or your team is forced out of cds. I know there're high raited monks, but class isn't as rewarding as most're saying and playing ferals/rets/rogues/dks on equal skill level is more efficient. Also that super high skill cap ppls are talking about isn't that high at all - ret is much more macro and attention intensive, difference in preassure between good and mediocre dk is day and night (not even mentioning dark sim usage) and they're also more macro and resource management intensive.

Imo WWs are easy to pick and them being so badly represented have nothing to do with skill cap - class is simply suffering from current meta where either you try to outzerg another team or try to zerg "insert caster class here" before you're out of cc counters and fall over. Trick is that WWs don't have tools to zerg right of the bat and neither they've enough control. In 2v2 on WW i can facetank and destroy anyone but hunters, but playing 3v3 you notice huge difference when often games end before you get your first teb rotation. There's literally no point bringing WW over feral or ret - they both can go balls of the wall as soon as gates open whille feral have better cc and are unpeelable whille rets can amazing utility with insane rng burst.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwulf View Post
    So you didn't perform well in 2 BGs and you quit? LOL, kneejerk reaction much?
    As I said, what I did is not good measure of the spec. However, as someone who is primarily a PvP and PvE Healer (MW, Disc and Holy Pala atm), it is difficult to find a melee class that I want. WW and Ret do not appeal, even though I am well-versed in their play stlyes. I knew I wouldn't like it as it had't changed much, however reading this thread wanted me to give it another go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    . WW and Ret do not appeal, even though I am well-versed in their play stlyes. I knew I wouldn't like it as it had't changed much, however reading this thread wanted me to give it another go.
    I wanted a class a melee class that is very good at 1v1 pvp and also fun and easy to play. My choices were feral druid, rogue and ww monk. The 1st and 2nd were not easy to play nor fun. WW monk it is.