Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Quick question regarding Qon hc with 1 tank

I just checked some guides and it seems like you can do qon hc with 1 tank if you happen to have 2 Paladins available, which we have. At how many stacks do you have to use blessing to remove the debuff and when does the debuff drop off by itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

You only need 1 paladin with Clemency. Remove Impale once before with Windstorm and shortly before Dam'ren transitions and all the dogs come back. You can use it one final time towards the end of the burn phase for safety.

With these HoP timings you'll be removing the stacks somewhere around 6 and 8. There are NO substantial advantages to removing Impale more often, but with 2 pallys you could remove it every 3-4 stacks if you really wanted.

Technically you only need one paladin. Doesnt matter which spec they are, just have them pick up clemency. Now a days we normally bop off the debuff at around 6 stacks but progression wise I would suggest 3-4. It MIGHT fall off during transistions but I wouldn't count on that. That is also the best time to get rid of the debuff and make sure that the tank has a cancel aura macro.

Credit goes to Pangcakes for the amazing signature!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orgio/advanced

Best time to bop is easily right before the windstorm and then right before the 3 dogs come out.

Deleted
    I find it amusing that the pally "requirements" in this thread keep reducing with the following post:

1) you need 2 pallies in raid
    2) you only need 1 pally but they must take clemency
    3) you only need 1 pally tank and they can take whatever talent from that tier they want

Anyhoo yep from a pally tank pov:
    i) bubble off before wind (you'll have 8 stacks of impale most likely)
    ii) hop off when the dogs drop

You'll have bubble available to use at your luxury if you need it.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-06-25 at 08:10 AM.

I reset the debuff the first time in the tonado phase with bobbel - makes me immune to the tonados aswell so its a nice bonus

then i reset with hop when 3rd add is at 30% and then i remove it on 2nd facesmach with my 2nd hop

Deleted
    In 25 HC you should bubble/bop it again, when Qon is around 30% health. Impale then ticks for ~600k.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I find it amusing that the pally "requirements" in this thread keep reducing with the following post:

3) you only need 1 pally tank and they can take whatever talent from that tier they want
    You only need 1 pally of any type. Tank, healer or dps can all do it. Spec clemency for two bops (ends up being three as the first comes off cd).

Also fun fact; I'm pretty sure dwarf racial removes it too so if your tank is a dwarf you don't need any pally.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post

At least all of them give the same amounts of debuff removal options, so it's not wrong although yeah, a bit amusing.

2 Paladins without Clemency is 2 HoPs, 1 Paladin with Clemency is 2 HoPs, 1 Paladin tank without Clemency is 1 HoP+1Bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    At least all of them give the same amounts of debuff removal options, so it's not wrong although yeah, a bit amusing.

2 Paladins without Clemency is 2 HoPs, 1 Paladin with Clemency is 2 HoPs, 1 Paladin tank without Clemency is 1 HoP+1Bubble.
    paladin tank can take clemency or unbreakable spirit. 2 bubbles + 1 bop or 2 bops and 1 bubble.

Yes... And 2 Paladins can also both take Clemency and they would end up with 4 HoPs, but since you only need 2 debuff removals, you can use 2 Paladins without Clemency, 1 Paladin with Clemency or a Paladin tank...

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Yes... And 2 Paladins can also both take Clemency and they would end up with 4 HoPs, but since you only need 2 debuff removals, you can use 2 Paladins without Clemency, 1 Paladin with Clemency or a Paladin tank...
    And they're never going to nerf this, right?

Deleted
    As a pally tank you should be taking HoPur anyhoo

Or a dwarf tank lol. I'm a dwarf dk solo tanking this boss. Most important drop time is before wind storm and before Dam'ren transition. But since you are progressing and you have 2 pally, you could use one more between these 2, usually at 5-6 stacks; and one more towards the end. I use my 2min stoneform 4 times during this fight (timer is different than pally): before wind storm, beginning of Dam'ren (so that it will come up again at the beginning of p4), beginning of p4 when I am tanking all of them, towards the end.