Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pick A New Tameable Beast!

In a hypothetical situation, you're allowed to make a new tree of beast(s) tameable, what would you pick? If you want to list more than one, fell free to do so!

I'd personally want to tame Hydras, Oozes (despite them not really being a beast), or maybe the elemental dogs you see in the new(ish) Barrens weekly (as seeing as they're currently marked as beasts)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Shoveltusks. Shove them in with goats, even, I don't care. I just want one. (I'd REALLY love one as a mount, too. Just look at 'em!)

Deleted
    Mushan, Giraffe and druids. Now make it happen.

Deleted
    Mother in law

I want Mushan and Kodos! They can be grouped with the Rhino pets, I guess. Or even triceratopses! Don't make them punch things and I'm fine, is what I'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not proto dragons? They are stil a beast in some kind of way.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm sure its not a new and original idea, but since they made critters in the world capturable via pet battles, and these are account wide as well, I think hunters should be able to tame literally anything and then Blizz should implement an account wide way to ride all the tamed hunter pets as mounts. That way non hunters won't whine that they don't have access to some super cool tame-only mounts.

Then again some people with no interest in leveling a hunter will surely whine at this prospect but thats why the community cant have nice things, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    Mother in law
    this one please
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    I'm sure its not a new and original idea, but since they made critters in the world capturable via pet battles, and these are account wide as well, I think hunters should be able to tame literally anything and then Blizz should implement an account wide way to ride all the tamed hunter pets as mounts. That way non hunters won't whine that they don't have access to some super cool tame-only mounts.

Then again some people with no interest in leveling a hunter will surely whine at this prospect but thats why the community cant have nice things, I guess.
    Here is the whole internet, take it, no no, please, I insist that you take it due to so much win
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want worgen.
    Let this be a message...

Hippogryphs!

I really, really miss my old Worgen pet, though, for the like 5 days one was tameable in Northerend.

Druids. We did it once we can do it again!

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Hippogryphs!

I really, really miss my old Worgen pet, though, for the like 5 days one was tameable in Northerend.
    Some explain please
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Druids. We did it once we can do it again!

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 11:13 PM ----------

Some explain please
    I think this is what Daetur is talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKMIXKihvNg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Some explain please
    There was this white worg, Garwal, that could only be seen during a certain quest in Howling Fjord. At about 60% health, it transformed into a worgen (old Shadowfang model).
    Hunters from all over the world, excluding those who did the quest already, managed to tame the beast, using Wyvern Sting on 67% health and beginning the tame with 14 seconds left on the sting. It required perfect timing, but if done correct, the tame would've been successful the moment he turned into a worgen.
    It had the same abilities of the worgs, and was considered one of them. Except it was really, really cool to run around with a worgen as your pet.

Some days after the discovery, Blizzard made a first fix: the tamed worgen stopped having a family; they could be summoned and used in battle, but had no abilities apart from auto attack.
    Later, they got transformed into the normal Garwal model, a white worg. This happened to the worgen kept in the stable too.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2013-06-23 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    There was this white worg, Garwal, that could only be seen during a certain quest in Howling Fjord. At about 60% health, it transformed into a worgen (old Shadowfang model).
    Hunters from all over the world, excluding those who did the quest already, managed to tame the beast, using Wyvern Sting on 67% health and beginning the tame with 14 seconds left on the sting. It required perfect timing, but if done correct, the tame would've been successful the moment he turned into a worgen.
    It had the same abilities of the worgs, and was considered one of them. Except it was really, really cool to run around with a worgen as your pet.

Some days after the discovery, Blizzard made a first fix: the tamed worgen stopped having a family; they could be summoned and used in battle, but had no abilities apart from auto attack.
    Later, they got transformed into the normal Garwal model, a white worg. This happened to the worgen kept in the stable too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I think this is what Daetur is talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKMIXKihvNg
    That's the one.

It was really fun to try to get the pinpoint timing down, and a very rewarding tame as a result.
    In fact, it's removal at the time- since the bugged Hydra and Ooze tameable "crocs" hadn't been changed if you already had one- was one of the first indications that Worgen were an upcoming playable race, and a lot of speculation started on the forums as a result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kunchongs (giant bugs from dread wastes, they look like Ultralisks from SC2), they technically aren't a new species but they have the sexiest bug model in the game. Its retarded that they can't be tamed.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2013-06-23 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    Gnomes bitch!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss my puddle of fire. I'll take it back.
    Moorden (Main)

Beaver, Phoenix, Pandarian Phoenix, Wyvern, Hyppogryph, Kodo and Gryphon.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the ToT snails, from the ji-kuns path!