crit or mastery reforve with UVLS and Cha-Ya

I just got a moment of weekness here, and wanted the clever SP's thoughts.

I know that when you both have LMG and UVLS you should be going haste > mastery, but now that i just picked up Cha-Ya, and i still havent seen Breath drops yet, is crit superior to mastery ? any1 got some experience with that trinket setup, and what to go for.

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Tapme/simple

Mastery
    10char
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    ty veiled
    Cha Ya is RPPM right? I don't think it matters how many actual crits you get, since having more crits won't get you more procs of the trinket (if that's what you were thinkng).

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Cha Ya is RPPM right? I don't think it matters how many actual crits you get, since having more crits won't get you more procs of the trinket (if that's what you were thinkng).
    Cha-Ye's RPPM is augmented by your Crit chance (in addition to Haste like all other RPPMs), so yes it does impact how often it procs.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

It does, ye. I don't have experience with Cha'Ye and UVLS, but I do have some with Cha'Ye and Hydra. I was reforged to mastery, and was still getting the same uptime on both trinkets. Yes, reforging out of crit may cause Cha'Ye to loose on it's worth, but I don't think it's that much of a loss to cause crit to be better than mastery once you've gotten the LMG.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will lose some uptime on your cha'ye proc if you reforge out of crit, but it's still better to go mastery.

I didn't look at your gear, but I'd imagine you could lose about 5% crit raid buffed at most, which would average to about a 4% loss of uptime on cha'ye. To put it into perspective, that's about 5-8 seconds at most over a 10minute fight - or one less proc every other fight. Not worth the wasted crit rating during your uvls procs. And if you're geared enough, mastery is better even without uvls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Cha-Ye's RPPM is augmented by your Crit chance (in addition to Haste like all other RPPMs), so yes it does impact how often it procs.
    How so? If you have more crits (more chances to proc) doesn't RPPM effectively reduce the probability to proc to compensate or is that unique to this trinket?
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2013-06-25 at 08:55 AM.

How so? If you have more crits (more chances to proc) doesn't RPPM effectively reduce the probability to proc to compensate or is that unique to this trinket?
    I doubt they would go and make 1 trinket be different from others.

RPPM is very awesome for proc types like: Chance on Crit or Chance on DoT tick, since some classes like Mages or Elemental Shamans only have 1 DoT effect, now that DoT effect is as potent as 3 DoTs from say a Warlock for proccing a trinket(Breath of Hydra for example).

It is unique to this trinket. The RPPM formula (in general) uses your haste as a modifier, so if you had a trinket with 2PPM and 30% haste, you end up with: 2 * 1.3 = 2.6 RPPM.

In the case of Cha-Ye, your Crit% is also a modifier to this. If you have a trinket with 2PPM, 30% haste, and 20% crit, you end up with: 2 * 1.3 * 1.2 = 3.12 RPPM.

IN-LINE EDIT: Please note, Cha-Ye isn't a 2 RPPM trinket. This is for example purposes only.

I'd link to the overall blue post that outlined the RPPMs for T15 trinkets but the Blizz forums...well, are being the Blizz forums and the thread is MIA now.

Deleted
    Per spell or just overall crit chance I wonder?

Per spell or just overall crit chance I wonder?
    That's overall, I.E.: how many PPM it should have. The formula is still going to have time since last proc chance in there, but crit is going to make it proc more often (again, like haste does for all).